(08-22-2006) U2 on 'Today' Coming to iTunes -- Mediaweek*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 on 'Today' Coming to iTunes

John Consoli

NBC News will begin offering its Today show summer concerts and interviews of entertainers on the Apple iTunes Music Store, beginning with this Friday's (Aug. 25) John Mayer concert, which will be offered in its entirety, along with some special behind-the-scenes footage.

The series will be called NBC News on Stage and will be available on iTunes beginning on Tuesday, August 29.

"We have always sought out ways to evolve Today's concert series by making it more of an interactive experience for our viewers," said Jim Bell, executive producer of Today. "This offering of John Mayer's concert on iTunes represents a new way of expanding the reach of our concert series, and is a terrific collaboration of the television, technology, and music industries."

In addition to summer concerts, in the coming months, past interviews with The Rolling Stones, Madonna, U2, Johnny and June Carter Cash, Ray Charles and Judy Garland will also be made available on NBC News on Stage via iTunes.

NBC News on iTunes was launched three months ago with a series of news features. Programs on iTunes are available for $1.99 per download.

--Mediaweek

Is this something different than the NBC News Time Capsule interview that's already available?

I'd be interested to know when U2 most recently appeared on Today (we know when Ali and Bono were on.)

silvrlvr said:
Is this something different than the NBC News Time Capsule interview that's already available?

I'd be interested to know when U2 most recently appeared on Today (we know when Ali and Bono were on.)

The story mentions interviews with Ray Charles and Judy Garland so I think this could go back to any time that U2 has ever been on "Today," not just recent appearances.

Please Standby for Transmission:The most recent one was several month's back,maybe even longer.They showed several performence's form there Vertigo Chicago concert's and an interview with the band.I made a copy of this show.The problem with it is during the concert footage they put overlay add's and station/TODAY logo's on the screen which really is distracting and tacky I might add.Not worth paying for.I say get youself a 60 inch(I PREFER THE ONE USED DURING THE POPMART TOUR!)plasma TV, some huge speaker's,slap in Vertigo from Chicago dvd and letr' rip!Peace,the rockmeister.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom