(07-04-2004) New U2 song leaked? -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The_acrobat said:
First of all, this shitty recording is the best thing I've heard in a long time. The song sounds great, the lyrics and the melody are working in a good way. Can't really make out any of the music, though. But this is truly the best end to a bad weekend.

Second, anyone who isn't 100% sure that's U2, listen harder. It's Bono thru and thru. Not only does it sounds like him, but the lyrics seem like Bono lyrics.

Thanks for saying this. My sentiments exactly.

I didnt think this weekend could get better, I logged onto Interference with a little of a hangover this morning and find this "u2 song leaked.." I've never been so nervous to click on a link in my life!!! This sample, although the recording is bad, is amazing!!!! The music and guitar sounds great, even though its harder to make that out. During the chorus Edge's guitar becomes a little clearer, nice riff. But the best part is Bono sounds really good. I love how the verse flows, and the lyrics are great. Classic Bono! Look out now, we might have "the mother of all rock n' roll albums" on our hands...

Last edited:
I believe these are very Bono-esque lyrics; I hope and pray this means an album like "The Million Dollar Hotel" soundtrack is waiting to pounce on us. I love when Bono forgets he's in a band and just starts channeling himself.

mh.

:cool:

the recording was made from outside. it sounds a little like inside of a restroom, but a restroom would have a different reverb quality. it was recorded outside and they?re playing in a hall or very big room. the someone who recorded it is blowing his/ her breath into the microphone. what an awful sound but kudos for gettin the shit on tape.

I like the song. Bonos voice seems....

a few years younger.

I?d like to know about the guitar solo in that song.

Last edited:
new song

Allround Terrible!, instead of wasting time with a regular mike they should have tried a parabolic. I see someone outside , on a windy night, sitting on a roof or near a window, all very furtive. Get a Life.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
mh.

:cool:

the recording was made from outside. it sounds a little like inside of a restroom, but a restroom would have a different reverb quality. it was recorded outside and they?re playing in a hall or very big room. the someone who recorded it is blowing his/ her breath into the microphone. what an awful sound but kudos for gettin the shit on tape.

I like the song. Bonos voice seems....

a few years younger.

I?d like to know about the guitar solo in that song.

Agree, agree, if this is the real deal we are in for the good sh'tuff. Bono sounds back to bonovox and that guitar is just what I want to hear:edge:. I was wary of hearing anything early, but now I'm glad I listened - even if we never do hear it on the album... happy day!!! makes waiting easier after all :combust:

After listning to it for the 300th time I finally know what it reminds me off..

December 5th, 2000, when they played "Won't get fooled agian' by The Who...

As crappy as that sounds, it's the best thing I've heard in a long time!!!

Love it when the 'new album cherry' pops!

Now I want more :hyper:

What is that a didgereedoo at the start!? oh no its just the wind... couldnt they have picked a sunny day.. oh well listen past the wind and it sounds pretty good, the chorus at least sounds amazing.. KICK ASS! finally more rocky U2... alternative rock now becomes australian rock!.. oh hang on its just dodgey right.. even better than the real thig hohoho.. ahem sorry

I am totally excited by this low quality recording. This time, Bono is on track. That song has HIT all over it, has GREAT guitars, catchy phrase, great vocals, the whole thing.

Did anyone get an "Even Better than the real thing" feel from it at one point???

Can you imagine how awesome the completed version will sound bursting out of your sound system???

'won't be fooled again' is just about on the money. from that clip anyway. Who's who?

Well, naturally I downloaded it and cleaned it up a bit (like I do when I get crappy boots and old recordings). Still sounds like you're listening through a glass window, but the I reduced the wind noise (still obvious, but alot less annoying) and the music and vocals are much more audible (clearer and louder). If anyone has a spot I could upload it to, just give me a holler - I don't have a website.

xxrivergoatxx@hotmail.com

}:)~

P.S. Hope this tempo holds for the album! I like to hear them bangin' it out!

Spunn said:
A clearer version of All Because of You is available at u2exit.com

Cheers.

Kevin

Hmm, perhaps not the right place for this, but I gotta toot my own horns here. }: )~ (I like my cleanup better, that is.) I d/l'd that from U2exit and I just don't like it because while they killed the background rumble (and with it the bass!), they left in the wind noise. Too much boost in the mid-to-upper frequencies, so watch your ears! Plus, how did they manage to make it 2MB when the original is about 835k? Bah... I'll take my belly-aching out to the pasture and dig up some lemon-grass....

goat

}:D~

The words of "the man" or not??

Not sure if these are Bono's words because they are way too vague but we only get a stanza of lyrics to work with, so who knows??? what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom