(07-04-2004) New U2 song leaked? -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Rumor: New U2 Song Leaked?

Several U2 fan sites are posting what they are claiming is a leak of a new U2 song called 'All Because of You'. This has not been verified by any official sources and we do not know where this recording came from, but if you'd like to have a listen and judge for yourself follow the instructions below. We can't say how long this file will be available for download as it's hosted on a third party site.

You can download it from here (http://www.boomspeed.com/rafmed/aboy.mp3) in MP3, when saving the file, save it as
aboy.mp3

Some fans have already been attempting to transcribe the lyrics for the recording. Thanks to u2 fan AussieU2fanman for this interpretation:

VERSE

'I was born, a child of grace
Built this town in my own space
Everything was lovely such a beautiful place
You left me no illusion
Stole your hand across the world
Shadow cast across my room
You ailing is my cue
The light in the confusion

CHORUS

All because of you
ALLLLL because of you
All because of you
I am, ALIVE, mmm I know you care'

Elvis and mods, see the "leak" thread in Where the album has no name.

It looks like guys on U2place.com blocked the snippet and someone posted saying it wasn't U2 at first, and later, that Interference should block the snippet too if it didn't want trouble with Principle management.

What's going on?

This song clip is in the wild now... I've already seen it on p2p networks (quick!).
Whomever recorded and put this track on the net should have realized it would spread quickly... it's the nature of the beast.

martha said:
Remember those Spanish guys that taped it out the window? It's theirs, right?

This one seems to be the German guys that were with the Spanish guys. The Spanish guys haven't posted theirs.

Yet.

I don't care who recorded this or when or how, I'm just glad that those of us who haven't been able to get to HQ to listen to the sounds pouring out of the windows or down the studio stairwell are lucky enough to have a small sample of what we can expect from the next CD.:yes:

AWESOME SOUNDS! GREAT LYRICS!
and what seems to be HEARTFELT EFFORTS BY ALL OF U2!:up: :hug:

Thanks to Interference for giving us here a "sneak preview". I can't wait until the REAL THING! :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

There's copies all over the place now. If anyone has trouble finding it and wants to hear it, give me a yell and I'll give you links to some places you can download it off.

I'd laugh if this has nothing to do with the new album tracks and ends up as an outtake.
:wink:

everytime i try to get ahold of it, i get errors about a plug in problem and my explorer shuts down, or i download it from an email and it downloads half then closes everything i have open and shuts off

can i get some links please angela

please let me have it...

Angela Harlem said:
There's copies all over the place now. If anyone has trouble finding it and wants to hear it, give me a yell and I'll give you links to some places you can download it off.

I'd laugh if this has nothing to do with the new album tracks and ends up as an outtake.
:wink:

can you please send me those links?

thanks

wow...can't believe someone would claim that to be their recording. Can't help but picture the policeman syaing..'Move along here, nothing to see here!! Doesn't tell you jack about the album,.doesn't tell you much about the song. Oh and I got all excited.

help cant find link to new song leak!!please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please i am dying to hear it whre can i find it, thanks sooooo much for the help

i hate the fact that my work computer doesn't have a sound card. :madspit:

i saved it anyway and maybe i'll find smeone with a better computer :sigh:

First of all, this shitty recording is the best thing I've heard in a long time. The song sounds great, the lyrics and the melody are working in a good way. Can't really make out any of the music, though. But this is truly the best end to a bad weekend.

Second, anyone who isn't 100% sure that's U2, listen harder. It's Bono thru and thru. Not only does it sounds like him, but the lyrics seem like Bono lyrics.

I'm tempted to download this, but I don't think I will.

When all of the different versions of Electrical Storm were leaked, they all ended up messing with my expectations to the point that when the final version came out, I couldn't fully enjoy it because my mind was too busy comparing it with all of the previous versions I'd already heard.

As difficult as it is, I think I'm going to wait this time and not listen to anything until the first single is officially released.

But I'll gladly read what everyone else think about it! ;)

Back
Top Bottom