(01-23-2006) Daniel Lanois in February Guitar Player -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Daniel Lanois in February Guitar Player

Long-time U2 producer and friend Daniel Lanois is featured in the February issue of Guitar Player magazine, talking about both his solo work and producing. Lanois, who is promoting his latest release, "Belladonna," had the following to say about recording "Achtung Baby" in Hansa Studios:

I’ve always found that roots and geography play a role in the music you make. By roots, I mean the music you grew up listening to, your friends, what turned you around as a teenager, and so on. And by geography, I mean that where you work influences what you do—particularly the space you record in. When I walk into a room, I sense right away what can happen there.
For example, U2’s Achtung Baby! was recorded in Berlin at the same studio that Iggy Pop and David Bowie used in the ’70s. It was cold and miserable, but we wanted to be in that room because there was something coming out of the walls that we could feel.

Read more in the February issue or at Guitar Player's website.

lanois2.jpg

I listened to this Podcast last night. It's good. I love Daniel and his passion for music. I love listening to him speak, he has such a lilting, soft spoken voice that makes you feel so at ease and relaxed. He did a bit of accoustic at the end of the podcast, sounded great. I'm going to definitely look into Belladonna, his latest release. It's supposed to be even better than Shine, and I enjoyed Shine immensely.

Back
Top Bottom