The Overhang: U2 at the MSG Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The creepiest thing about the masks were when people wore them backwards so the eyes were filled with hair...

I'd much rather stand next to Michael Myers and Jason Vorhees than being in a room full of those masks. :lol:

“You’re gonna need a bigger shirt.”

48237783-10016443-Wrapping_up_Bono_was_later_seen_pulling_his_towel_around_him-m-7_1632310263988.jpg

Cackling. I had managed to not see that picture since probably the last time I was here. :lol:

Thank you for "posting for the U2 sisters". :shifty:

Any update on the Verified Fan sales and how they’re selling? Or did everyone literally get shut out of this thing?

Any update on the Verified Fan sales and how they’re selling? Or did everyone literally get shut out of this thing?

Seems like those that can get in are doing just fine. A few reports of people that allegedly got verified and got the text are not being able to get in, but not sure if error is between keyboard and chair or if TM screwup. Could go either way.

Its past 2PM EST and lots of non-platinum priced (I guess we call this "face value") tickets available for the December dates.

No GAs, that I can see, however..

Edit (don't wanna blow my 20,000th post on your mundane responses :tsk: ) - I'm doing my part for the waitlist by not buying any, does that count? :halo:

Edit #2 - also yes - someone in my household got de-waitlisted last VF presale. Alas, it was all Platinum by then..

Its past 2PM EST and lots of non-platinum priced (I guess we call this "face value") tickets available for the December dates.

Have you heard of any further people being removed from the waitlist? I do not need any more tickets, but I am still annoyed that I am waitlisted. :lol:

Good to know, thanks Gabe. Fingers crossed for that off the waitlist email.

(I really hope they don’t force the rest of us to deal with the general sale bullshit tomorrow.)

Total fail for me ever getting "approved" for Verified Fan. If anyone ever gets un-waitlisted speak up, I want to know if it's actually a thing that happens!

Total fail for me ever getting "approved" for Verified Fan. If anyone ever gets un-waitlisted speak up, I want to know if it's actually a thing that happens!

It happened last time here and there. I had a friend get the text maybe around 2:00 PM the day of the VF sale.

it's Irving Azoff now, right?

Achtung BABIE

It is indeed Irving Azoff now Headache.

Y'all better look back at my last post saying how poorly designed this building is.

This overhang issue is just the beginning...

I find it absolutely hilarious that some of the most expensive seats sold have obstructed views OF A SCREEN.

You have to ask yourself two questions:

1. What are you there to see - the band or what is playing on the screen?
2. If the latter, wouldn't the architects/engineers/designers/owner plan the building in a way that all the seats had an equal view of the screen? Because regardless of what act loads in here (and my prediction is it will not be many after U1 (have to remove a digit because even Larry isn't showing up to this shitshow)) the screen is going to be the star and the act just a couple of ants on a tiny stage.

I will repeat myself that this has disaster written all over it and as an experiment all tickets should have been $23 to prove this building out before people shell out, say $500, $1,450, or more to experience a giant screen saver with a soundtrack by their favorite band.

This is a money grab and the band will go down in history as making a huge mistake here...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom