*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought just occurred to me that I haven't heard any harmonica on Desire or Stanstill. I'm starting to think it falls in the same "maybe in 6-12 months" category as Bono's guitar playing.

I did pre-show polling months back. 106 people voted on a vast selection of tracks that were performed 0-4 times on the 360 Tour. Each user had to select 25 options (which is far more of these sort of songs than you'd even see in one night given that the shows will have a lot of concert staples/SOI songs).

The Playboy Mansion ended up with five votes. Out of 106 voters. That means it finished in a tie of around #101 out of that group of songs.

Miracle Drug tied for 59th with 14 votes.

One Step Closer also had five votes and would be tied with The Playboy Mansion, not even in the Top 100 of most requested rarities.

Let's not forget that users were forced to choose twenty five songs in the poll. If you narrowed it down to, say, three choices (about the amount of rarities we could expect U2 to bust out on opening night), there's no way "One Step Closer" or "The Playboy Mansion" would garner a single vote. Heck, if you limited it to ten selections per user, I doubt either would have nabbed a vote.

Here's the Top 10:

1. A Sort of Homecoming - 80 votes
2. Acrobat - 77
3. Mofo - 73
4. Please - 70
5. Gone - 64
6. Lemon - 59
6. Love Is Blindness - 59
8. Exit - 58
9. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock - 53
10. One Tree Hill - 50

U2 has rehearsed exactly zero of those songs. :down:

Out of the top 25, they have rehearsed three (The Electric Co., Running To Stand Still and Out of Control). Out of Control also wasn't even supposed to be in that poll as it was played more than four times on the 360 Tour.

If we extend it out to the Top 50 requests in that poll, the band only makes it to four total thanks to Bullet The Blue Sky. So, they've rehearsed a whopping four of the 50 most requested rarities and all of them have been regulars on recent tours.

Link To Thread

To be fair, it's looking likely that each city will get 10 new songs which is not something they've done since the 1990's.

Can Bono even sing Lemon at this point in falsetto? We'll get Red Hill Mining Town before Lemon.

Get the feeling volcano is going to be the elevation of its day

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I agree

One of the rarities that I had heard mentioned earlier would be Promenade. With the concept of Innocence to Experience I would think that would fit in very nicely.

If we're going with slower, atmospheric stuff, why not MLK? I think it might be poignant given what is happening in America right now.

MLK--->Streets:heart:

For what it's worth, very possible that they will be debuting some Songs of Experience material on the tour, especially given that they have a recording studio in the arenas to tinker around on. I wouldn't expect it to happen early on in the tour, but once they get comfortable with the static part of the setlists and the rotating songs, they could start rehearsing some of the never-before-heard tracks.

They've generally never made a habit of this, and when they do it's usually only a couple airings.

Speaking of which, have Bono/Edge put the Spiderman project behind them since they've yet to rehearse that falls from the sky song they tried out on the 360 tour in 2010?

... Also, thank you U2FanPeter for all of your info!

They've generally never made a habit of this, and when they do it's usually only a couple airings.

Speaking of which, have Bono/Edge put the Spiderman project behind them since they've yet to rehearse that falls from the sky song they tried out on the 360 tour in 2010?

Except, what's the name of this tour?

Except, what's the name of this tour?

They did the Batman song on Popmart & 360.

It's only called the i&e tour so they can combine 2 album cycles into a same single tour gross. Can't let Garth Brooks(spending 3-4 years chasing the 360 number) or 360 $$$ comparison cloud peoples judgement of the biggest band in the world.

Nice little research project.

Instead of The Playboy Mansion - Hawkmoon 269, God II, Like a Song, i think are all better choices...

IMO, these would all fall flat live. 269 needs 2 guitars.

Mansion is very cool and they've obviously put lots of work into including Adam using his Pop era bass effect.

there are "guitar gnomes" under the stage...

tn_gerry-garcia-WA09-0037.jpg

Holding out for Zooropa when they reach Europe. No sense wasting it on North American audiences a second time. :cool:

Mansion is very cool and they've obviously put lots of work into including Adam using his Pop era bass effect.

God Part II would not fall flat live. Period. It is too aggressive to be a snoozer.

They did the Batman song on Popmart & 360.

It's only called the i&e tour so they can combine 2 album cycles into a same single tour gross. Can't let Garth Brooks(spending 3-4 years chasing the 360 number) or 360 $$$ comparison cloud peoples judgement of the biggest band in the world.

What does HMTMKMKM have to do with this conversation? But if they're combining 2 cycles wouldn't that mean they were even more inclined to doing some of these songs live prior to its release? :huh:

Perhaps this would be a good tour to invite guitar players from the crowd again like on JT with People Get Ready. This time instead you get to play Bono's parts on the song of your choice (must have a Bono part loll).

If we're going with slower, atmospheric stuff, why not MLK? I think it might be poignant given what is happening in America right now.

MLK--->Streets:heart:

This would be awesome. As would MLK---SFS---Streets.

And honestly, I think Bono needs to be a bit vocal about what is happening here in the US. We've listened and supported many of his other endeavors, including the Burma mess in 360. I think it would very telling if he were to say a few words about the obvious racial tensions and the ongoing policy mess in far too many American cities, ESPECIALLY with his history of lifting up Dr. King during past tours. /soapboxrant :reject:

That said, I'm all for a huge RTSS--Streets pairing a-la the ZooTV shows. I would be a weeping mess and be quite okay with that.

I am really starting to get excited. Especially with the hinting at an opening "set" of Invisible/Even Better/Desire/California/MW. Just those songs in order on my phone (album versions) is giving me goosebumps of the good sort. :hyper:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

"MLK" is great to have just to give more representation to one of their best albums. If you're at a show without "Bad" then it's almost guaranteed you'll hear just one actual song from that record (and boy is it one we complain about hearing too often). "MLK" takes all of about ninety seconds to run through, so it's a nice token of appreciation for that classic album and works as a great intro for a lot of other tunes.

BOY FALLS FROM THE SKY! BRING IT UP! NOW!

One of the best songs they´ve ever made.

It is mindblowing live!

What does HMTMKMKM have to do with this conversation? But if they're combining 2 cycles wouldn't that mean they were even more inclined to doing some of these songs live prior to its release?

They write new songs all the time, yet they've only done "previews" at about 1% of the gigs even though they get played/jammed at soundcheck.

HMTMKMKM was a 3 years removed from theatrical release. Micheal Cohl has made claims about the Spiderman play would hit Europe and Vegas sometime in 2015 or 2016, but has been keeping a very low profile since the Jesus Christ Superstar US arena tour debacle in 2014. If Spiderman had any future as a musical U2 would certainly give one of the high quality upbeat soundtrack songs some attention on this tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom