Phoenix #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well that set definitely didn't seem to cause much excitement here! Not even 300 posts by the end of the show.

As for dream encore:

One Tree Hill
A Sort Of Homecoming
Heartland
Where The Streets Have No Name
Bad/40

TOP THAT.

Well that set definitely didn't seem to cause much excitement here! Not even 300 posts by the end of the show.

As for dream encore:

One Tree Hill
A Sort Of Homecoming
Heartland
Bad/40

TOP THAT.
Too much old stuff. Completely ignores eveything post 80s U2 and I think songs like One Tree Hill, Sort of Home Coming, Heartland are more for hardcore fans only. Though I like it, I like mine better :D

Am I the only person who briefly thought they were going straight into Vertigo, not OOC?

No, you were not...

Sorry I couldn't stream the show. The internet sucked in the arena.

I was filming the end of Miracle as they were heading into the 2nd song. Larry starts as if it's vertigo and I pull my camera down, then they pick up into OOC.

Only took 4929 days to hear it again. See you in 2029.

Too much old stuff. Completely ignores eveything post 80s U2 and I think songs like One Tree Hill, Sort of Home Coming, Heartland are more for hardcore fans only. Though I like it, I like mine better :D

I wasn't suggesting it for this tour, I was suggesting it for the Axver Writes the Setlist Tour, coming to a town near you on the 12th of Neverember.

I've entertained dreams of an encore of:

Gone
Until the End of the World
The Fly

They have one of the best closers of all time in 40. Just use it and do the exits one by one instead of the clunky way they walk off now.

I've never experienced it, but I imagine it must be quite a thrill to be singing with thousands of people even after the band has exited the stage. After a chorus or two even the casuals would start singing along. It fits in nicely with the theme of bringing everyone together as well.

Thank them profusely from all of us :) Haven't been watching most of them to not spoil myself, but it's brilliant they've taped so many and that they were put online by you guys so soon! Did watch the first MD clip and the quality was brilliant!

As for dream encore:

One Tree Hill
A Sort Of Homecoming
Heartland
Bad/40

TOP THAT.

We were all too busy staring at Periscope to post. The one by Andrew was full show and had hardly any connection issues. It was awesome. :rockon:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

They have one of the best closers of all time in 40. Just use it and do the exits one by one instead of the clunky way they walk off now.

I've never experienced it, but I imagine it must be quite a thrill to be singing with thousands of people even after the band has exited the stage. After a chorus or two even the casuals would start singing along. It fits in nicely with the theme of bringing everyone together as well.
It's a cliche though. They've done that and that was a staple on Vertigo tour. I've experienced it and yes it's a nice way to end a show but it would become incredibly boring if they always did it. I'm not in the camp that thinks 40 is a "Great" closer anyways. It's good but it's not mind blowing. There are others that are equally good if not better I think. I loved Love is Blindness, the way they performed Walk On on Elevation tour was great, Moment of Surrender was pretty great. I'll admit I'm not a big fan of them closing with ISHFWILF. One was even better and that kinda says something because in 2015 closing with One is a cliche as well.

My dream encore:

Wire
Mofo
The fly
Kite
Surrender

A guy can dream right?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Why can't they just close with 11 O Clock/The Ocean? Best closing combo next to Bad-40 and Gloria-40.
But no, we have to hear 2 snooze fests and a ramble for the billionth time. If they never play ISHFWILF or One again, I would be happy.

Why can't they just close with 11 O Clock/The Ocean? Best closing combo next to Bad-40 and Gloria-40.
But no, we have to hear 2 snooze fests and a ramble for the billionth time. If they never play ISHFWILF or One again, I would be happy.

+1

They did this at a Vertigo show I attended, I believe it was October 8, 2005 at MSG. We sang them off the stage. That's part of the reason that show was my favorite of the five that I saw during that tour.

sometimes I can't tell what is honest criticism and what is satire pointing out how deep we all are into U2 fandom. U2 will not and probably shouldn't ever move songs like ISHFWILF, One, Beautiful Day, Pride or other songs that people on here are tired of hearing out of their set because 95% of people at the concert love those songs and go crazy when they are played

Both Phoenix shows just made me incredibly happy. I can sit and nitpick setlists, but looking around during the show and seeing so many people so freaking happy and excited, how the hell can I hate on that?

Yeah, I don't want to hear Beautiful Day anymore. But fuck it, it's not about me.

What a blast. Both shows.

My favorite close was Walk On from Elevation with the "Hallelujah"s. The projections of the hearts suitcases and the lyrics on the walls of the arena with a song that hadn't been worn out at the time was just incredibly moving to me.

I guess my dream encore would be...

11 O Clock Tick Tock
A Sort Of Homecoming
One Tree Hill
(oh great ocean.....segues into....)
Streets
Bad/40

Edit: Hard for me not to throw Kite, NYD, or Tomorrow in here......

Both Phoenix shows were AWESOME!
The crowd both nights.....so, so, SO into it!:heart:
I met parents that were bringing their kids to their first shows I thought that was so cool!
Loved my first visit to Phoenix and these shows should get me through to July!
(oh, and I wouldn't change a thing about either night!)

Back
Top Bottom