July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Dublin Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the book Under A Dublin Sky and it has all the U2 landmarks and how to get to most of them, so I'm going to bring it. I'm also going to look some stuff up online

Isn't that book the BEST?!!!! I love it, it helped me and I have referred it to soo many people. I bought it long ago when it was a dream to go to Ireland. Did that, now am happy to say I'll be living the dream of seeing U2 in Ireland.

Carlos.....you should definitely go for it if you can to see the boys in Dublin-town! DREAM OUT LOUD!!

Yeah, it's just "Croke" or "croak".

But don't worry, almost every other Irish place name cannot be guessed. Just south of Dublin there is a nice town on the bay called Dun Laoghaire. It's pronounced "dun leary". :huh:

Yeh it's pronounced exactly how it's spelt - Dun Laoghaire!

LUAS looks really cool, but it costs more than DART, and only goes to suburban residential/commercial areas I think. I probably will try that too, just so I can say "I rode the Luas when I was in Dublin". :D

The Dart is only useful if you want to travel along the coast of Dublin, and it goes to suburban residential areas also.... ! ?

Anyone new to Dublin will be amazed (not) at the efficiency of our public transport...that's if there's any of it left in July....as Irishteen pointed out we're in a recession now! We could all be back on donkeys in a few months - I think I'd like that. Though I wouldn't give up my Vespa.

So are there good spots to get food for not too much money? And what's the smartest to take to Croke with you? Sandwiches and such?

I took sambos (sandwiches), small cartons of OJ, and cereal bars onto the pitch with me, and will be doing the same again this time. If I was going for seats I wouldn't bother bringing food as there's no need to turn up early!

There's loads of places to eat cheaply enough in Dublin. For the person who is staying in Jurys Croke Park - Drumcondra you need to try Independent Pizza Company on Drumcondra Road. Yum yum yum.

By the way, if you want to fit in....over here we either call it "Croker" or "Croke Park" , not "Croke!"

I took sambos (sandwiches), small cartons of OJ, and cereal bars onto the pitch with me, and will be doing the same again this time. If I was going for seats I wouldn't bother bringing food as there's no need to turn up early!

There's loads of places to eat cheaply enough in Dublin. For the person who is staying in Jurys Croke Park - Drumcondra you need to try Independent Pizza Company on Drumcondra Road. Yum yum yum.

By the way, if you want to fit in....over here we either call it "Croker" or "Croke Park" , not "Croke!"

That would be me.......thanks! We'll absolutely check that out.....nothing like trying good pizza all over the world ;)

And "Croker" it is....... :)

I know I know your all going to tell me to go to the thread pick & mix to swap my ticket but maybe someone on here will see it as well anyway I have one Pre-Sale ticket for GA Standing for the 25th Satuday night would like to swap it for One GA Standing for the 24th....drop me a line if your interested!

The Dart is only useful if you want to travel along the coast of Dublin, and it goes to suburban residential areas also.... ! ?

Anyone new to Dublin will be amazed (not) at the efficiency of our public transport...that's if there's any of it left in July....as Irishteen pointed out we're in a recession now! We could all be back on donkeys in a few months - I think I'd like that. Though I wouldn't give up my Vespa.

Donkeys would be better than the bus that only comes once an hour that takes me home from college...

We should post pics of ourselves here. So when we're all in line we can join whoever is closest to the gate claiming to others behind us we're with each other.

How Chad and Alana picture themselves:

ba.jpg

What y'all will actually see in Dublin:

P9270002.jpg

Anyone new to Dublin will be amazed (not) at the efficiency of our public transport...that's if there's any of it left in July...

Just what I was afraid of... But anyway, we'll take it as we go, I guess.

Ireland seems to be heavily promoting tourism now, so hopefully the flock of tourists (and U2 fans in July) will boost the economy a little to assure public transportation will still keep running to bus us around Dublin...

I really hope public transportation is running. I wouldn't know how to get around with out it.

If we want to meet at a bar, we need a local Dubliner to tell us about a well hidden pub off the main streets. Dublin is going to be packed with tourist, as we will need a place unpopulated to meet.

nice Bama fans, I sold my 2 extra Dublin tix to a couple in Alabama on Ebay, wasn't you, was it?

Actually this is me with my sisters.

and this is my only picture I can access of myself on my computer (I look like I'm auditioning for a soap opera role)

Happy Huntings.....if you see me, scream out WOJO!!!

Hi guys,:wave: count me in as well. I've found one good person here who will sell me one ticket to second show:yippie: I can't believe I got ticket without swapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom