July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Dublin Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard Croke pronounced as Croat, I always pronounce it as rhyming with poke but with a strong K sound

I love Irish customs and immigration, I once got into the country because I looked Irish, who needs a passport? :wink:

Nothing beats the customs and immigration in Milan, Italy, where I had to interrupt the agents in their conversation and asked them if they would like to look at my passport, so I could catch a flight. They were annoyed that I interrupted their conversation, the agent glanced at my passport and waved me on. I then asked them "aren't you going to stamp it?" Once again they look annoyed but they stamped it and I moved on. :lol:

I've never heard Croke pronounced as Croat, I always pronounce it as rhyming with poke but with a strong K sound

lol...now i'm all kinds of confused! I'm going to have to give Manus a call now and ask him again......

I just want to make sure i'm calling it by its' proper name ;)

lol...now i'm all kinds of confused! I'm going to have to give Manus a call now and ask him again......

I just want to make sure i'm calling it by its' proper name ;)

Yeah, it's just "Croke" or "croak".

But don't worry, almost every other Irish place name cannot be guessed. Just south of Dublin there is a nice town on the bay called Dun Laoghaire. It's pronounced "dun leary". :huh:

Yeah, it's just "Croke" or "croak".

But don't worry, almost every other Irish place name cannot be guessed. Just south of Dublin there is a nice town on the bay called Dun Laoghaire. It's pronounced "dun leary". :huh:

Can't be worse than England. :wink: Leicestershire, worcestershire...

So are there good spots to get food for not too much money? And what's the smartest to take to Croke with you? Sandwiches and such?

Croke prenounced the same way as you would say Oak as in Oak tree ....the way you read it is how you pronounce it.

Speaking of trains I caught the Luas I think it was a while back, I have been a few times to Dublin and me and a couple of good friends of mine from England went to Killiney Bay a couple of times and both times it was in winter so cold but absolutely breathtaking:heart: we went to a small village bar/restaurant and had some reallly nice seafood.

Home - Dublin Bus

There's the website for the bus carrier, although a lot of routes are soon to be cut and reduced soon as the country is going bankrupt :lol:

And yeah I'm a dubliner

Thanks for the website. I believe I've seen that before. But I'm confused, it doesn't seem to like it if I try to do a search by road names... Drumcondra road turned up nothing?

That is what it is for me. Once in a lifetime for me to see them play in Dublin on my b-day

Thanks for the website. I believe I've seen that before. But I'm confused, it doesn't seem to like it if I try to do a search by road names... Drumcondra road turned up nothing?

You could try just searching Drumcondra that might work

According to google maps, all these buses stop at Lower Drumcondra Road near Croke Park

11A
11B
13A
16A
33N
33X
41A
41B
41C
41N
41X
46X
58X

Although if you're in the city centre it's an easy walk and not worth a bus

You could try just searching Drumcondra that might work

According to google maps, all these buses stop at Lower Drumcondra Road near Croke Park
3, 11, 11A, 11B, 13, 13A, 16, 16A
33, 33N, 33X, 41, 41A, 41B, 41C
41N, 41X, 46X, 58X, 116, 746

Although if you're in the city centre it's an easy walk and not worth a bus

Thanks! I'm planning to stay around the Drumcondra area, so I can walk to Croke Park for the shows. But I wanted to see what buses I can take to go to city centre, St. Stephen's Green area, O'Connell St area, Malahide/Howth, etc for sightseeing. I'll try to walk as much as I can, but there will be time when I'd rather get on the bus or train than walk... :D

I have the book Under A Dublin Sky and it has all the U2 landmarks and how to get to most of them, so I'm going to bring it. I'm also going to look some stuff up online

I have the book Under A Dublin Sky and it has all the U2 landmarks and how to get to most of them, so I'm going to bring it. I'm also going to look some stuff up online

Don't forget to add the beach where U2 took the back cover shot of NLOTH :wink:

I hate U2 for shooting it there, now that's all I can think of it as when I pass that beach on my way to college

Don't forget to add the beach where U2 took the back cover shot of NLOTH :wink:

I hate U2 for shooting it there, now that's all I can think of it as when I pass that beach on my way to college

Oh man, I totally want to go there and take a shot in the same place as they took the Sandymount Lito shot.

It's so beautiful :love: I got the litograph today!

Oh man, I totally want to go there and take a shot in the same place as they took the Sandymount Lito shot.

It's so beautiful :love: I got the litograph today!

If you're out that far on Sandymount beach you need to head up to the lighthouse, it's really nice up there around sunset, obviously :lol:

And this is obviously U2's best photo on Sandymount beach :wink:

u2_bdb4045f4a9837183637278524519095.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom