June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field, Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is definitely one of the highlights of my summer. I probably won't get to do GA much after this tour, so I'm cherishing it much more these days. Keeping the stress levels as low as possible and all that :p

Being able to share my birthday with quite a few of you was a blast. Thanks for coming to the Owl and Thistle (all of you who did). Seattle's a great city, and I loved how accessible the stadium was to everything. Even on the day of the concert I was able to go to the International District and just wander around for an hour.

I ended up between Adam and Bono on the front rail; pretty much where I wanted to be. Loved hearing the songs that I haven't heard live from U2 in many years, such as Hold Me Thrill Me... and Even Better... Zooropa and All I want Is You were a real treat. I still loved the Crazy tonight remix, though I think I like the old arrangement of Magnificent better (not that I'm complaining). Loved hearing the Fly sound-checked beforehand, and I hope it will replace Elevation eventually.

Can't think of anything else to say just now. Guess I will leave it at that.

Here's my pics from the trip. If any of you are hiding from someone else just let me know and I can kill the link.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150267071860439.373891.759070438&l=2dc5d6714d

This is definitely one of the highlights of my summer. I probably won't get to do GA much after this tour, so I'm cherishing it much more these days. Keeping the stress levels as low as possible and all that :p

Being able to share my birthday with quite a few of you was a blast. Thanks for coming to the Owl and Thistle (all of you who did). Seattle's a great city, and I loved how accessible the stadium was to everything. Even on the day of the concert I was able to go to the International District and just wander around for an hour.

I ended up between Adam and Bono on the front rail; pretty much where I wanted to be. Loved hearing the songs that I haven't heard live from U2 in many years, such as Hold Me Thrill Me... and Even Better... Zooropa and All I want Is You were a real treat. I still loved the Crazy tonight remix, though I think I like the old arrangement of Magnificent better (not that I'm complaining). Loved hearing the Fly sound-checked beforehand, and I hope it will replace Elevation eventually.

Here's my pics from the trip. If any of you are hiding from someone else just let me know and I can kill the link.
Seattle/U2 - June 2-5 | Facebook

Fantastic pictures Romi! You really caught the essence of Seattle!:applaud: My fav U2 pic was the one with Bono holding his red light microphone over his head - excellent!

What a difference a week makes - today is dreary and very cool day in Seattle! Feels more like early spring.

Yeah, I noticed that. I have NO clue what it means. :lol: I was all - where's the 3:33, dammit?! :lol:

I know!! They are messing with us I think! Have to leave something a mystery I guess!:lol: Leave it to us fans to disect every morsel of the images they throw at us!
But the daylight savings theory Rivergoat, that's a good one.:up: Funny!

There is now two audio sources for this show being shared. One recorded with the internal mics of recorder at TTD and a high end rig posted at U2T (JEMS recording)

Seattle/U2 - June 2-5 | Facebook

The guy in this pic was right in front of us! We're almost in your pic too :)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...71860439.373891.759070438&type=1&l=2dc5d6714d

Thanks to Prop, who shout this video of me and my wife with Zoo Station the night before.

YouTube - ‪Zoo Station - Everlasting Love (Seattle)‬‏

edit: It wasn't just my bday in Seattle, it was also our 5th anniversary (well, it happened a few days earlier). We played this song with another band at the wedding. We had time to practice for it that time. Not so much this time around :)

This is an awesome pic of Qwest Field with the Claw as the cover shot for U2.com U2 > Welcome - never seen Qwest so "sparkly" before. Its too bad that the field is going to be renamed in the near future to Century Link or whoever bought Qwest

That would be an awesome photo to have framed with the ticket stub.

Here's a better shot of that, Ms. M.

wallpaper_1024X728_seattle.jpg

I couldn't believe how packed the entire stadium was. I originally had the inkling that the large overhang would make people shy away from the nosebleed sections.:ohmy:

I couldn't believe how packed the entire stadium was. I originally had the inkling that the large overhang would make people shy away from the nosebleed sections.:ohmy:

I have to admit that the row behind us was half full and the row in front was completely empty (we were 2nd row to the last row at the top) in our section. Row 4 and all the way down were packed!

Just do a right-click-copy on whatever picture you want, and then go into your iTunes to the properties of the album or song, and right-click-paste into the cover art box. :)

to those of you who were at the show.

there is a 2-cam of this show now on u2torrents.

none of you can download it because someone didn't seed it right*, but it's there

*the probably should be fixed soon

Back
Top Bottom