June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field, Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I'm glad someone from U2's camp got involved. It would be awesome if they just had someone on their staff to coordinate the GA stuff with the staff, just so they knew what was going on.

It's amazing how much confusion there is with the stadium staff surrounding what the pit is (one guy thought that all GA people went in there or something), where exactly the Red Zones are, or even knowing what the instructions on their website said.

The older guy with the headset helped us out over at the west gates as well. I went up before 5 to confirm that GA ticket holders could also come in these gates, as instructed on the Qwest website.

Initially, they were saying that all GA ticket holders had to join the queue and go in on the NE sides, and I think a lot of people went there after being told as such. However, another gal came up with a printout of the instructions from the site, so headset guy went to check it out, and came back to confirm we could go in that way.

Which, of course, means that latecomers like me could still beat some people from the line into the stadium. Which, to be honest, sucks for those who came early. But I think most people going in on that side didn't really know what the skinny was, so they were wandering around going to the bathroom, getting drinks, whatever. So I don't know that a lot of other GA ticket holders got to the primo spots before the queue made it all the way in.

Anyway. Glad to know U2 is paying attention, but I'm still kind of surprised there's always so much confusion on the day before and day of show. You'd think they'd have a liaison on staff for that kind of thing.

Makes me want to submit to them a proposal for hiring me to do that kind of a job. Better than being stuck in a cube.

Well, lots of higher numbers than me were more center on the rail than I was, but at the end of the day, if the venue lets folks in earlier at a different gate, that is something that just happens. I just don't like all the "cutting" before they let folks in. (I loved that we got most all of the scammers out of the first 100 or so, including the two idiots that tried to sharpie their own numbers on their hands) I made sure when we were in the "pen" after they scanned our tickets but while the band was still soundchecking, anyone with a lower number around me, I let in front of me. Lots of the 60-90 numbers were behind me. (I was 94)...

Yeah, I guess that's just one of the frustrating quirks of GA that happens from venue to venue.

I don't want to come down from reality. Saturday was like a dream for me, a dream come true to be on the rail at a U2 show with an awesome stadium full of screaming fans~!:hyper:
Anybody else feeling sad it's over? :sad: What a let down coming to work today... yawn. :| I want to do it again!! :)

It definately went by really fast. Too fast, in fact (*sigh*)...:crack:

Good thing I'll be seeing them at the Montreal show next month: should be a killer show! :hyper:

I don't want to come down from reality. Saturday was like a dream for me, a dream come true to be on the rail at a U2 show with an awesome stadium full of screaming fans~!:hyper:
Anybody else feeling sad it's over? :sad: What a let down coming to work today... yawn. :| I want to do it again!! :)

I always have the worse let down after a concert like u2. It makes me wonder if its all worth it!!! lol (maybe thats why some peole see u2 so many times, so there is no letdown. Though i feel it makes it more special seeing only one show instead of 20...plus how do you afford it :() But after a month has gone by and you are finally able to start looking back and remembering all the wonderful moments without tearing up, it makes it all worth while. I dont imagine i'll be able to listen to Stay or STreets for quite awhile though and be able to hold it together. Emotions are still too raw. :( You're not the only one feeling super gutted that its over and we have to wait another 4 years to see them again. :hug:

Yeah, I'm glad someone from U2's camp got involved. It would be awesome if they just had someone on their staff to coordinate the GA stuff with the staff, just so they knew what was going on.

It's amazing how much confusion there is with the stadium staff surrounding what the pit is (one guy thought that all GA people went in there or something), where exactly the Red Zones are, or even knowing what the instructions on their website said.

The older guy with the headset helped us out over at the west gates as well. I went up before 5 to confirm that GA ticket holders could also come in these gates, as instructed on the Qwest website.

Initially, they were saying that all GA ticket holders had to join the queue and go in on the NE sides, and I think a lot of people went there after being told as such. However, another gal came up with a printout of the instructions from the site, so headset guy went to check it out, and came back to confirm we could go in that way.

Which, of course, means that latecomers like me could still beat some people from the line into the stadium. Which, to be honest, sucks for those who came early. But I think most people going in on that side didn't really know what the skinny was, so they were wandering around going to the bathroom, getting drinks, whatever. So I don't know that a lot of other GA ticket holders got to the primo spots before the queue made it all the way in.

Anyway. Glad to know U2 is paying attention, but I'm still kind of surprised there's always so much confusion on the day before and day of show. You'd think they'd have a liaison on staff for that kind of thing.

this makes me nervous for the day i finally do GA. IS there no plan in place whatsoever?! :huh: I honestly have no idea how it all works....

This little bit of wonkiness that I experienced just depends on if the stadium allows GA ticket holders to go in via different gates. (But they did start letting the actual line in before they opened the other gates, and the line was already wristbanded.)

For instance, at Soldier Field in Chicago, there was only one gate, so your only option was to be in the line, or wait until the line was in until going in yourself.

The little details and quirks vary from venue to venue, I think. But most lines go pretty well, from what I've heard.

Don't let it stress you out, like you saw me doing all last week. With this tour, unless you absolutely have to be front row or on outer rail, you can still get a decent spot and get into the pit without even lining up. :)

I always have the worse let down after a concert like u2. It makes me wonder if its all worth it!!! lol (maybe thats why some peole see u2 so many times, so there is no letdown. Though i feel it makes it more special seeing only one show instead of 20...plus how do you afford it :() But after a month has gone by and you are finally able to start looking back and remembering all the wonderful moments without tearing up, it makes it all worth while. I dont imagine i'll be able to listen to Stay or STreets for quite awhile though and be able to hold it together. Emotions are still too raw. :( You're not the only one feeling super gutted that its over and we have to wait another 4 years to see them again. :hug:

Yes, it's all worth it and then some! They are happy emotional tears right?
I feel like I must have PTS because I am having a delayed reaction like I have been shell shocked or something. In the most wonderful way ofcourse! Weird! I am still too overwhelmed to write a proper account of my experience for my family and friends that weren't there. I can't get over it. Did you guys see the U2.com photo of Qwest during MOS! Wow, it looks so magical, like diamonds were lighting up the stadium! That's a keeper for sure. It's probably the RZ photo keepsake I would imagine. Yeah!!

Yes, it's all worth it and then some! They are happy emotional tears right?
I feel like I must have PTS because I am having a delayed reaction like I have been shell shocked or something. In the most wonderful way ofcourse! Weird! I am still too overwhelmed to write a proper account of my experience for my family and friends that weren't there. I can't get over it.

I know what you mean. I keep coming back here to read reviews or go on youtube....but then i get all excited and can't sleep or get sad because i dont want it to be over. I have to give my poor heart a break and just not think U2 for a few days....but thats impossible! Its odd though trying to describe the feeling i get. It total and utter sadness that its over, mixed with the joy of having seen them. What an odd combination.

I was hoping you'd post that one, considering how thrilled you said you were about it!

God, I can't wait to dance to that again in Minneapolis. :lol:

Yea it was so fun being on the outside wall. I will admit to Dan that I was wrong! I think I liked it better than inner circle...but inner circle is closer and I haven't been on the inside wall.

I would rank it my favorite place I stood GA so far on all my 360 shows.

#1 - Seattle, WA - Outside Rail, Edges side
#2 - Rahelgh, NC - Inner Circle, 3 people back from outside wall (w/ 2 tall guys in front of me), in between Edge and Bono
#3 - Chicago, IL 9/13 - Inner Circle, 1 person back from outside wall, Adams far side
#4 - Chicago, IL 9/12 - Mid GA Floor, between Stage and SBD

My two other shows were in seats...

I know what you mean. I keep coming back here to read reviews or go on youtube....but then i get all excited and can't sleep or get sad because i dont want it to be over. I have to give my poor heart a break and just not think U2 for a few days....but thats impossible! Its odd though trying to describe the feeling i get. It total and utter sadness that its over, mixed with the joy of having seen them. What an odd combination.

I hear ya!:up: Nice to know I am not the only one dealing with that mixture of emotions!:hug:

You guys check this out! I was looking for a good video of the crowd and how in to it we were before U2 hit the stage! This is a little love note from Lenny Kravitz! He commented on his youtube channel, saying thank you us! WOW! Qwest looks amazing from that angle! That was so much fun!! He rocked the house!:applaud:

YouTube - ‪Lenny Kravitz Let Love Rule U2 360 Tour Show Seattle teaser‬‏

It was almost like the first time I saw them again. But, I probably think that everytime I see them. Highlight for me was Elevation and Sunday Bloody Sunday. Probably cause Bono was right in front of me. Beautiful day was special. I felt like the people around me had a lot of energy.

It's so nice to see you again! And this time with the U2 show!! :) You were a couple of people away from us, I think. And it's not just you, we did have a very energetic crowd around us! :dancing:

I would rank it my favorite place I stood GA so far on all my 360 shows.

#1 - Seattle, WA - Outside Rail, Edges side
#2 - Rahelgh, NC - Inner Circle, 3 people back from outside wall (w/ 2 tall guys in front of me), in between Edge and Bono
#3 - Chicago, IL 9/13 - Inner Circle, 1 person back from outside wall, Adams far side
#4 - Chicago, IL 9/12 - Mid GA Floor, between Stage and SBD
:applaud:

Ra-what?? :lol: You're not from the East Coast, are you, Chris? :wink:

I myself have only done GA for this tour, starting in Dublin. If you've been to a GA line in Europe, the ones in the US seem like a piece of cake. :huh:

Personal ranking of my GA positions so far:
#1 - Denver, CO 5/21/11 - Outside Rail, started out at slight Edge's side, ended up being pushed towards the center. This show wins by a smidgen of points over Seattle only because it's my first show after the postponement. Nothing beats the first show! And Bono saw my sign for the first time, smiled and sang part of Beautiful Day (or maybe Elevation) in front of me. :faint:
#2 - Seattle, WA 6/4/11 - Outside Rail, dead center. Awesome experience with friends! Bono saw my sign again, and parked himself in front of us to sing the first verse of Elevation, complete with hip gyrations. That took me to the orbit! Also, I found out being dead center means my shots of Larry were obscured by Bono's mic stand most of the time. :grumpy:
#3 - Boston, MA 9/20/09 - Outside Rail, Adam's side. My second GA experience, first time in the outer rail. I had every intention of going into the pit when they opened up the gates. And as I was running on the downhill slope towards the field, I decided to look up, and the view of the Claw and the stage was so breathtaking from where I was standing that I made a split second decision to try outer rail instead. One of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
#4 - Dublin, Ireland 7/25/09 - Inner circle Rail, Edge's far side. My first GA experience. All I had to eat all day was a banana and an egg sandwich so I ran out of energy by the time U2 belted out Streets. My inexperience in GA had me going into the stadium with no bottle of water, no food, and there was no vendor to be found once you’re inside the pit. I got sooo thirsty just before the encore and had to resort to taking some water from the security guards who had set up a huge bucket and ran a couple of hoses in to fill it with water, and used plastic cups to scoop the water and give them out to the crowd. I think drinking that water made me sick for 2 days after I got back from Dublin. One of the more memorable moments of the night was actually from the opening band, Kaiser Chiefs. The lead singer Ricky Wilson decided to surf the crowd and jumped into the pit. Before I knew it, the security manager emerged from underneath the stage, ran so fast in front of me towards where Ricky disappeared in the pit, jumped into the pit himself to pull Ricky out. :applaud: I was so riled up for U2 by the time they were done!
#5 - East Rutherford, NJ 9/25/09 - Inner circle, 2nd row, Adam's side. I was so sore after this show, and it was one of the most humid days I've ever remembered, and someone around me has such a bad BO. I didn't get sick, but my friend in front of me did, and we had to make sure she didn't faint. This experience made me appreciate the rail so much that I'm willing to line up for every GA I have after that.

Ok, that was probably too many words that anybody cared to read... sorry... I just get excited reliving the memories again!! :hyper:

It's pretty awesome! :lol: It took me a minute or two to figure out where the hell I was, since I was looking in the pit instead of the outer rail, but I found myself eventually. :)

I could find you all except Cori..was she hidden by that camera stand??

Back
Top Bottom