The Blacklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My weekly update:

Totally her dad.

The only way I see that as plausible is if she was adopted after her mother was killed then made into chemical stew by the stewmaker and thats who's picture Spader-man took out of the oh so attractive stewmaker's photo album

Favorite line this week, definitely.

And that ambiguous moment of her going over to his house and then them not showing what happened is going to ignite the fanfic masses between this week and next. :shifty:

I'm so glad it looks like the stuff with Tom is going to come to a head quickly. Not that I'm an impatient fan or anything but --

Ok, I'm totally an impatient fan.

OK, I've been giving it some thought and here's basically my running theory of what's going to happen with Red/Liz

1) Red is her dad
2) Red is an old acquaintance of her dad's and is some sort of godfather person or something
3) He's absolutely fucking with her, and Tom's on the list, which is the entire reason he sought her out.
4) Liz's dad is still alive and he's on the list

As for Tom, there's a few possibilities as well:

1) Tom is straight up a bad guy and he'll get his comeuppance next week.
2) Tom's being set up (by Red?) and has no idea what's going on.
3) Tom is some kind of plant, with an entire double-identity (I just remembered that bit from the add for next week that he's apparently having an affair)

I don't think this is the world's best written show by any means, but I do love a series that keeps me guessing week to week.

Yeah, I have faith that the obvious choices (Spaderman being her dad for instance) will not prove true and there'll be some decent twists involved, we'll see.

I am glad the Tom thing is moving along, not that we'll get an absolute resolution right away, but its moving forward at least.

So does Apple munching voyeur work for Spaderman, the FBI or some sinister 3rd party?

As the AV Club pointed out (though their reviewer seems to absolutely hate this show), the suggestion by Red at the end of the last episode may be that there's some more sinister 3rd party out there that he's working towards taking down. That could very well be who the apple-man and friend is representing.

Which, actually, leads me back to thinking that Red is not Lizzie's dad (or at least not the man she would know as her dad) and that her dad IS still out there somewhere.

OK, I went back and re-watched most of the first episode, because I felt like I was missing something. Here's what we know:

Red:
*Has a wife and daughter that he abandoned. Are they still alive?
*Is apparently "Obsessed" with Lizzie and even his associates are aware of this.
*Sent episode 1 baddy to Liz's house, specifically to get the husband.

Keen:
*Her father is a criminal who abandoned her.
*Her mother is dead
*The FBI seemed to be unaware of her father's criminal background, but for whatever reason, this hasn't been expanded on yet.
*Got the scar on her hand when she was 13/14, says her dad gave it to her.
- If she's referring to her dad who abandoned her, there's no way that Red's her dad, because she'd have been old enough to tell who he was
- If she's referring to her adopted father, there's something else altogether.

Now, maybe everyone but me was aware of this, but I know I missed the bit about her dad being a criminal as well.

Another minor thing, but it was bugging me ever since A/V Club pointed it out: Their big problem is that they can't understand how no one managed to grab a video of Red turning himself into the FBI, and can't buy the idea that the press/anyone has caught on to the fact that he's working with the government. When I rewatched this scene, they did shoot it where there was NO ONE around when he turned himself in, but FBI agents. But, I have to agree, it's still a pretty big plot hole.

And, I went back and re-watched the end of last week's episode and Red did refer to there being some adversary out there, so there is definitely a 3rd party waiting to be introduced.

I'm guessing from the way that both Red and the observers from across the street were talking that he's at least involved in something, but what, I don't know.

Huh...some people on Tumblr noticed this:

tumblr_muzhd8bj7o1skdxlio1_500.jpg

tumblr_muzhd8bj7o1skdxlio2_500.jpg

Coincidence?

We have 4 hours to figure out where this bomb is going off and we're in DC. Oh epiphany its going off at the Houston docks. Miraculously we can get to the Houston docks from our black site in DC with an hour to spare.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking about that timeframe issue, Hewson. And with all the cargo in the shipyard, they found THE car with seconds to spare!

At least they kinda explained why they were able to find the car that quickly.

Kinda

:yawn:

Show's hitting a bit of a lull. I'm staying for Spader, and the promise that next week's episode is supposed to be "big".

Can't believe they wasted Wilson on this, though. They ended his story with 11 minutes to go for two painfully long, meaningless sequences.

Eh, so maybe he's her father.
So she knows (if her spy husband knows) that she was adopted at age 4 by the guy Spaderman smothered. So there's been no suspicion by her or her partner agent Superfly that Spaderman is related? Makes as much sense as DC to Houston in 69 minutes.

Was waiting to hear "Hickory Dickory Dock, I gave him a new face like a rebuilt clock" when they were questioning the plastic surgeon.

That's the biggest flaw in the "He's her dad" thing for me at this point.

She clearly knows she was adopted and she clearly has some knowledge of who her biological parents were. Tom said her adoptive father raised her as a single parent, so her mother that 'died of shame' must've been her biological mother and her father that 'disappeared into the world of crime' must have been her biological father. The question then, as you said, is: Why is no one suspicious about Red being her dad?

Maybe it's just some holes in the plot from the original episode, it's not like they've acknowledge any of it since then.

But, honestly, I figured this episode was just the writer's way of letting the audience know so the show won't be maddening for the next couple of seasons until Liz finds out.

If there is another secret and he's not her father, well, I just hope that it's worth the time, because I'll admit, Spader was getting me a bit choked up there by the end of the episode.

Biggest mistake in television history?

tumblr_mwuyscVMtK1t1nr9io1_500.jpg

The inset is from the promo for next week's episode. Way to go, NBC...

Yeah, I may have been exaggerating a bit... There was that Hitler show based off of I Love Lucy, too, so....

... Still, very disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom