US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22 - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2020, 10:56 AM   #141
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:17 PM
US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
The actual tweet is a video, and what it says right before the selective screenshot is Biden saying we should have demanded that the CDC is on the ground in China in January so that we know exactly what's going on and not just take the Chinese government's word for it... but sure.

It’s going to get exhausting, continually correcting the distortions we get from “the Left” — remember that Kamala Harris video that was like 10 minutes long but only a minute was posted in here? And the other 9 minutes were like really different fro the first 1?

It’s really unfortunate that our disaffected allies employ the tactics of our opponents.

And for what?

Old 04-19-2020, 11:43 AM   #142
Blue Crack Supplier

So, I’m a baby Gen Xer (I think) and don’t care much for it about the Twitters. But I did go and watch that ad. It completely murders Trump and holds China accountable, which is something I think we can agree is going to play very, very well in the Midwest states.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/...251243525?s=20

Old 04-19-2020, 11:47 AM   #143
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Unless you're flipping the Senate, how exactly does anyone plan on accomplishing anything without at the very least attempting to reach across the aisle?

Once Bernie won the nomination, White moderates and independents unable to vote for him in the primaries, and were heretofore completely unaware of his existence because of the corporate media, would hear a Bernie speech and suddenly realize that what they’ve really wanted all along is more government in their lives, despite a lifetime of voting against more government.

That right there flips the Senate.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:14 PM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I can does marketings too and Twitter thumbnail preview has a blue play circle in the embedded videos but thank.

Thumbnail present is also has not this, but even if he change this, has not has blue circle so has screenshot.

I had had 1 bottle of Francis Coppola Malbec when write, rare site on site
Old 04-19-2020, 12:16 PM   #145
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I had had 1 bottle of Francis Coppola Malbec when write, rare site on site
I am single handedly keeping Atlas Brew Works in business right now so cheers
Old 04-19-2020, 12:25 PM   #146
Blue Crack Addict

It’s absolutely appropriate to have a reckoning with the Chinese government here. They covered up the spread, certainly lied about the numbers (which also means all their data and studies are suspect) and it is looking more and more like the wet market was not the source (it didn’t even make sense in the beginning). There is a reason the government was literally welding all entry and exit points of apartment buildings save for the main ones where guards were posted when the number of cases was a few dozen. We (the public) are almost guaranteed to never find out the full story/truth.

Just because Trump and his voters are racist when they refer to it as the “Chinese virus” doesn’t mean that the rest of us should not be appropriately critical about China’s role in all this.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:34 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Unless you're flipping the Senate, how exactly does anyone plan on accomplishing anything without at the very least attempting to reach across the aisle?
What?? That's easy. Yell BILLIONAIRES!!!! a lot. Like all the time. And magically, you get to pass anything you want.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:43 PM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Um... If you actually watch the video, can you point out what's racist? Seriously, can you give me a quote from this video that's racist?
Is not getting CDC officials into China racist? I'm at a loss here. Which is nothing new with the Biden criticism that flows around here.

I have to remember now that criticizing Trump on how he dealt with China during a global pandemic is racist, but constant ridicule of someone about their age and their speech impediment is totally ok .
Old 04-19-2020, 12:45 PM   #149
Blue Crack Distributor

My question wasn't an open invitation to bash Sanders supporters. The post it was made on response to was by a Biden supporter who is upset that Joe has said he'd be open to working with the GOP.

Obviously there are hardcore #RoseEmojiTwitter members who think negotiating or compromising with anyone is a non starter - but I'm not referring to them. They're not able to negotiate in good faith, as the saying goes.

Obviously you would hope that we win back the Senate and hold on to the house. But short of that - if anything is going to be accomplished in a new presidency with a split Congress? You're going to have to make an attempt to pick off a few red senators in purplish states; probably starting with Romney and going from there. Otherwise you're just yelling for the sake of yelling. You're not accomplishing anything.

Even if it's a practice in futility - you have to at least try.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:47 PM   #150
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
It’s absolutely appropriate to have a reckoning with the Chinese government here. They covered up the spread, certainly lied about the numbers (which also means all their data and studies are suspect) and it is looking more and more like the wet market was not the source (it didn’t even make sense in the beginning). There is a reason the government was literally welding all entry and exit points of apartment buildings save for the main ones where guards were posted when the number of cases was a few dozen. We (the public) are almost guaranteed to never find out the full story/truth.

Just because Trump and his voters are racist when they refer to it as the “Chinese virus” doesn’t mean that the rest of us should not be appropriately critical about China’s role in all this.
The funny thing here is that the video isn't critical of China at all. It's about Trump's action or inaction with them, and how he didn't do anything helpful in the early days of the virus and was totally unprepared and had weakened our ability to handle a pandemic.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:02 PM   #151
War Child

Weird that Asian people are saying it's a racist ad, and everyone in here says it's not. Guess I was wrong!
Old 04-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #152
Blue Crack Addict

The entire election is going to be about China. Trump's polls show the majority of Americans blame China for the virus (and I would guess not just his polls). That's why yesterday Trump used the so called briefing as the beginning of linking Biden to China.

He said if Sleepy Joe wins, China will own the US. And he also rudely interrupted Dr. Birx several times to say "does anyone believe those numbers" re cases in China.

Putting all the focus and blame on China will divert the attention from mistakes made by the Trump administration. That's the plan.
Old 04-19-2020, 05:26 PM   #153
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Weird that Asian people are saying it's a racist ad, and everyone in here says it's not. Guess I was wrong!
An Asian individual took offense, which is unfortunate because it isn't a racist ad whatsoever. And because of how our society works, other Asian people saw her tweet and took offense.

So basically, it's unfortunate that anyone would take offense to the ad, both because you hate to see anyone feel prejudice and because the ad wasn't even racist. Basically a lot of emotions wasted on a perfectly fine ad that should invoke emotion against Trump.
Old 04-19-2020, 05:35 PM   #154
Blue Crack Addict

Well I just watched the ad for the first time. Two main thoughts:

1) it’s not racist but it is classically irresponsible negative political ads (that are notoriously effective). It scapegoats China for sure, and calls out a lot of things Trump did do wrong, but also kinda just attacks him for things that he didn’t do wrong (like I’m calling BS, 40,000 travelers from China would’ve been let in under Biden too). Lots of misinformation in that ad. Lots of misdirection. At the expense of China.

2) what dumbass on the Biden team thought ending THAT ad with “all the negative adds in the world can’t change the truth” was wise? Seriously lol
Old 04-19-2020, 05:40 PM   #155
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Well I just watched the ad for the first time. Two main thoughts:

1) it’s not racist but it is classically irresponsible negative political ads (that are notoriously effective). It scapegoats China for sure, and calls out a lot of things Trump did do wrong, but also kinda just attacks him for things that he didn’t do wrong (like I’m calling BS, 40,000 travelers from China would’ve been let in under Biden too). Lots of misinformation in that ad. Lots of misdirection. At the expense of China.

2) what dumbass on the Biden team thought ending THAT ad with “all the negative adds in the world can’t change the truth” was wise? Seriously lol
Yeah I cringed a bit at #2 as well. Like dude this is also a negative ad. Hopefully future ads will be more crisp and concise.
Old 04-19-2020, 05:56 PM   #156
Blue Crack Supplier

I wish the ad had added the word “government” after “Chinese.”

And that’s about it. It’s an effective piece of political advertising.

But, you guys, I think the point is that the real racists are the democrats. Time to get off the plantation.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:11 PM   #157
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I wish the ad had added the word “government” after “Chinese.”

And that’s about it. It’s an effective piece of political advertising.

But, you guys, I think the point is that the real racists are the democrats. Time to get off the plantation.
i agree with the first two lines of this. it's rightfully open season on criticism of the chinese governnment right now, but it needs to be made absolutely clear that's who the target is, and not just "the chinese".

the third part sounds like you're trying to put jerry and vlad's interpretations in the same bucket as gzusfrk's blatant and enthusiastic racism which is totally out of line.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:32 PM   #158
Blue Crack Supplier

We need to guard against the “they’re all the same” kind of thinking, which happens on both sides and is what allowed certain people to justify voting for Donald Trump. Not certain people in here, but in general — I think it’s important to resist that idea.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:27 PM   #159
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm just bummed that my Ordinary Love rewrite went by without even a whimper
Old 04-19-2020, 09:32 PM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Fun seeing the Bernie and Trump supporters combine forces and convulse in horror at this incredibly racist ad!

And not really seeing the difference between saying Chinese and Chinese government. While the ad says, Trump rolled over for the Chinese, It's showing a picture of him with Xi and then the next sentence is about him praising Xi. There is no doubt that it is talking about the government and its actions and praise from Trump.
Was Trump ever out praising the Chinese people? No.

If this was a TV ad in Canada for Prime Minister and it was talking about how the Justin Trudeau praised Trump and rolled over the Americans, while showing video of him shaking hands with Trump - would that be somehow disparaging the people of America??

Again, No

So if you are twisting yourself in pretzels trying to find some way to hate on Biden. Just know this is how it started with Hillary. So we'll know who to thank again this time around.