US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Klobuchar is Biden's first VP choice. I'm sure her prosecutorial record won't be an issue!

From all I've seen, she's just been asked to be vetted. I think somewhere around a dozen or more are being vetted. I think Amy is fine, but would put her near the bottom of the list of who i think he will chose. Unless a bunch of others have issues that are discovered thru vetting process.

Jesus, Joseph and Mary, save us from Amy Klobuchar.

She is Tim Kaine 2.0 all over again. HARD PASS.

Jesus, Joseph and Mary, save us from Amy Klobuchar.

She is Tim Kaine 2.0 all over again. HARD PASS.

Agree with the Tim Kaine analogy. Not quite as bad. She might be appealing to WI and MI voters. But she brings nothing that Biden needs. She doesn't bring minority voters, doesn't bring a swing state, doesn't bring younger or more progressive voters, doesn't bring energy or dynamic presence. Not really sure why they would even go there.

she is definitely at the bottom of my wishlist.

I’m quite glad that Trump is trying to make “Obamagate” a thing. The more he can do to turn Biden and Obama into the same person — keeping in mind Obama is a wildly popular past president who would win another election in a landslide in a heartbeat — the better Biden will do, and he’s already polling ahead in every swing state.

I still think Harris is his best VP pick for now. I was intrigued by the Warren suggestion, that she would add a deeper degree of economic seriousness to his ticket and acknowledge that we’re entering a post-COVID economy, but the most important thing to do besides win the presidency is win back the Senate, so he needs long coattails. Voters in AZ or NC aren’t longing for any sort of revolution, and Harris will have broader appeal to voters in moderate-to-conservative swing states.

From all I've seen, she's just been asked to be vetted. I think somewhere around a dozen or more are being vetted. I think Amy is fine, but would put her near the bottom of the list of who i think he will chose. Unless a bunch of others have issues that are discovered thru vetting process.

Yeah, I'm watching Biden on Colbert right now and he said nobody's been officially vetted yet. This all just sounds more like since she was one of the Democratic candidates, if Biden's going through each of them for possible consideration, then naturally she'd be among that list.

I agree that she wouldn't be my first pick either, though, no. It would be good for him to pick somebody who can fire up and energize people a little more, and strike a good contrast and balance between themselves and Biden.

Well the Trump campaign must be freaking out about how badly Trump has fucked up with MI. The official Trump campaign social media account (The White House account, which totally seems legit) posted about 5 posts within 10 minutes, listing all of the funds and equipment that Washington has sent Michigan during the pandemic.

LOL. Too late you fat orange bitch. MI down, PA down, AZ down, FL looking to be sliding away. No amount of backpeddling is going to save your saggy ass this time around. Hoping he starts to get in some sort of childish battle with WI soon!

I definitely hope he'll go on and on about Obamagate. Will just drive a portion more of voters to Biden.
The governor of Michigan is also being looked at. I dunno - I'm still thinking Abrams, or Harris.

I would love to see Obama come and sit for Congress and Senate to discuss Obamagate. Oh, it would be glorious.

Well the Trump campaign must be freaking out about how badly Trump has fucked up with MI. The official Trump campaign social media account (The White House account, which totally seems legit) posted about 5 posts within 10 minutes, listing all of the funds and equipment that Washington has sent Michigan during the pandemic.

LOL. Too late you fat orange bitch. MI down, PA down, AZ down, FL looking to be sliding away. No amount of backpeddling is going to save your saggy ass this time around. Hoping he starts to get in some sort of childish battle with WI soon!

Has he even said a word about the flooding going on there right now?

Speaking of Michigan, I saw today that the state court rejected the GOP's attempts to sue her for her policies throughout this pandemic, which is fantastic :up:.

Again none of the GOP seem to be worried despite the obvious polling.

They will cheat

I would love to see Obama come and sit for Congress and Senate to discuss Obamagate. Oh, it would be glorious.

It really would be helpful if he could carefully walk us all though all the Trump/Russia collusion happening in 2016 and what his administration tried to do to protect the election and how the GOP refused to help, thus colluding with Russia themsleves.

I think he needs a big platform for this.

It's appalling that the media is making this into a thing. After 2016, nobody apparently learned a single thing.

Again none of the GOP seem to be worried despite the obvious polling.

They will cheat

I think there are a few sides of the story here. Not sure where you're getting the overall feeling that they aren't worried. I see two groups, the voters and the politicians.
I think there is genuine worry in the gop politicians. The Senate numbers are starting to really turn. I think we can all agree they will cheat. That's a given. But I think there is much more worry behind the scenes than we know.
The voter side. Trump voters are in a bad spot. There is a very fired up group ready to vote for Trump, but that group has shrunk, and the data is showing very large shifts of several voting blocks that voted for Trump last time that are swinging significantly to Biden.

The good thing is that many Trump voters all think the polls are wrong and trump will win. Hopefully this brings some sense of complacency. On the Dem side, I think that many are hopefully thinking the same thing, but will have the inverse effect and will actually act as a driver to get people to vote in higher numbers.

The other thing that helps them to be less worried is that you have the advantage of the candidate being the sitting president, he can get all the airtime he wants, they have a huge money advantage, a huge information and structural advantage. So yes, they are still in the drivers seat here. They also know Biden is stuck in his house for another month and can only communicate by brief media interviews and social media posts and events.

Also, looks like Warren is still in the vetting pool for VP.

The 2 special election wins in MA last week, could give Biden more freedom to pick her without fear of losing her Senate seat.

Yet another Joe Biden video presented as a total calamity, and then you watch and it’s really just an awkward sentence or two, and the overall impression is a generally positive one.

I’m sensing a pattern here.

Yeah, he should stick to talking about bloodlines and very fine people

Or state that while Cuba was very oppressive to its own people, they could at least read

It was a totally dumb thing to say. No question. But maybe 3 people are going to care. And it’s not like the Trump campaign is either credible or competent enough to turn a Skype interview with someone most people haven’t heard of into an incident.

I think there are a few sides of the story here. Not sure where you're getting the overall feeling that they aren't worried. I see two groups, the voters and the politicians.

I think there is genuine worry in the gop politicians. The Senate numbers are starting to really turn. I think we can all agree they will cheat. That's a given. But I think there is much more worry behind the scenes than we know.

The voter side. Trump voters are in a bad spot. There is a very fired up group ready to vote for Trump, but that group has shrunk, and the data is showing very large shifts of several voting blocks that voted for Trump last time that are swinging significantly to Biden.

The good thing is that many Trump voters all think the polls are wrong and trump will win. Hopefully this brings some sense of complacency. On the Dem side, I think that many are hopefully thinking the same thing, but will have the inverse effect and will actually act as a driver to get people to vote in higher numbers.

The other thing that helps them to be less worried is that you have the advantage of the candidate being the sitting president, he can get all the airtime he wants, they have a huge money advantage, a huge information and structural advantage. So yes, they are still in the drivers seat here. They also know Biden is stuck in his house for another month and can only communicate by brief media interviews and social media posts and events.

This is just my intuition and seeing Turtle man in action for years

But if the GOP were really afraid of losing the Senate, they would turn on Trump immediately.

The only catch i could see is that they are extremely afraid of their own base murdering them when they return home.

The GOP are a well oiled machine. Look at the collaboration on Voter Fraud (by mail). Trump brings it up and immediately the GOP and Fox are claiming rampant fraud by the democrats.

We’re still five months out.

I think in a fair election, Sleepy Joe crushes him. Hell Hillary crushed him and she was the most unliked human in the world.

Thing is though, if they turn on Trump, the base will turn on them. They’ve painted themsleves into a corner, and they know it, so they are going to lie low and start talking about fiscal responsibility because they know that President Biden is going to have an economic mess on his hands next January.

But, agreed; they will do everything they can to cheat.

Thing is though, if they turn on Trump, the base will turn on them. They’ve painted themsleves into a corner, and they know it, so they are going to lie low and start talking about fiscal responsibility because they know that President Biden is going to have an economic mess on his hands next January.

But, agreed; they will do everything they can to cheat.

Great point here. We keep saying that Mitch the bitch will turn on Trump as soon as the majority is threatened. Weeeellll...... The majority is threatened. But like you said, Turtle knows that if he turns on Trump, it could just get worse. He's in a bit of pickle.

Gardner is gone
McSally is gone
Leading in NC
Leading in MT
Up slightly in ME
within margin in KY, IA,

So its on the edge, but still quite threatening. And what does McConnell do? He pretty much says no more unemployment benefits after July. That alone could decide these close races.

Yeah, he should stick to talking about bloodlines and very fine people

Or state that while Cuba was very oppressive to its own people, they could at least read

"Donald Trump also says bad, dumb things" isn't the defense you think it is.

And comparing this to the Cuba thing from Sanders is a hilarious misreading of what Sanders was talking about. It's especially funny considering how all the same people who ripped him for it were celebrating the Cuban physicians who traveled to help treat the Covid outbreak in Italy.

All of the arguments in defense of Biden for this suck ass! You all have a bit of a cult mentality. Fish hook theory looking more and more real.

How does that feel, guys?

It was a totally dumb thing to say. No question. But maybe 3 people are going to care. And it’s not like the Trump campaign is either credible or competent enough to turn a Skype interview with someone most people haven’t heard of into an incident.

What did he say? I'm on my work laptop and they've disabled videos until 5 pm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom