US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, I figure at this point, if there was going to be some announcement made with Biden/Abrams tonight, it would have been leaked by now.

So, I guess everything may be just as up in the air as it was yesterday.

yeah these things are almost always done much closer to the election.

trump announces pence: july 15
clinton announces kaine: july 22

romney announces ryan: august 12

obama announces biden: august 23
mccain announces palin: august 29

Abrams brings in votes from progressives who don’t like the Democratic Party.

Harris does not bring in anything.

Has anyone actually looked at Abrams' record? Yes, she is a big supporter of voting rights, but she's actually a total centrist.

I'm not saying I don't like her. I actually do and on a personal level, she seems like an actual, real human being.

My main hope that it would be someone else is that Trump has trashed all US relations with essentially every nation on the planet save for a few despots, and it is really important to plug in someone with at least a modicum of foreign policy experience.

Has anyone actually looked at Abrams' record? Yes, she is a big supporter of voting rights, but she's actually a total centrist.

I'm not saying I don't like her. I actually do and on a personal level, she seems like an actual, real human being.

My main hope that it would be someone else is that Trump has trashed all US relations with essentially every nation on the planet save for a few despots, and it is really important to plug in someone with at least a modicum of foreign policy experience.

I’m not saying she brings in progressives for her progressive views.

I’m saying she brings in progressives who distrust the Democratic Party. This is “antiestablishment” lines of thought.

I hear ya, on the foreign policy part. I think it's unfortunate that it probably won't be Warren. She wants it for sure. But with her Senate seat not being assured to a Dem, it just is a tough one to make that gamble. For foreign policy experience, that pretty much whittles it down to Amy and Harris, which I don't think either of them bring excitement or contrast to the ticket. ugh. He definitely has a tough choice to make.

yeah these things are almost always done much closer to the election.

trump announces pence: july 15
clinton announces kaine: july 22

romney announces ryan: august 12

obama announces biden: august 23
mccain announces palin: august 29

Damn, i forgot they were that late. I guess I had heard rumblings of it coming early because it would just get some attention back on the race.
But it also could be bad to do it now, cause it would just be a passing story during 24/7 pandemic coverage.

So we wait.

At least 35 current or former congressional candidates have embraced Q, according to an online tally by the progressive nonprofit Media Matters for America. Those candidates have either directly praised QAnon in public or approvingly referenced QAnon slogans. (One Republican candidate for Congress, Matthew Lusk of Florida, includes QAnon under the “issues” section of his campaign website, posing the question: “Who is Q?”)

Well. That's...not even remotely comforting :|. Seems like something else we'll need to start including in our background checks-if somebody believes in whackjob stuff like this, maybe they shouldn't be allowed to run for office.

In several of the big Facebook groups, people erupted in a frenzy of speculation, circulating a theory that Trump’s decision to wear a yellow tie to a White House briefing about the virus was a sign that the outbreak wasn’t real: “He is telling us there is no virus threat because it is the exact same color as the maritime flag that represents the vessel has no infected people on board,” someone wrote in a post that was widely shared and remixed across social media.

...what...?

I could see a Q made out of duct tape, which she’d pressed onto her red T-shirt. Her name was Lorrie Shock, and the first thing she wanted me to know was this: “We’re not a domestic-terror group.”

You know, I'm thinking if you have to immediately say that when talking about a group you belong to, that's probably a sign that, yeah, you're part of a domestic terrorist group.

I wouldn't call this a new religion. It's the very definition of a cult to me. This entire presidency is letting us see what happens when a cult leader takes office. And I too wonder what the hell these people will do if Trump does lose in November. I'd like to hope they'll just disappear quietly for the most part, but I won't be surprised if some of them do lash out in violent ways.

I'd also want to tell these people that the reason they have no faith in the institutions nowadays is in large part because Trump himself has done one hell of a job at trying to dismantle them (not to say he's alone in that, but he's certainly not helped matters), but logic doesn't seem to be much of a strong point with this group, so...

I guess the only thing we can really hope for at this point is that investigators and watchdog groups continue to keep an eye on these people and try and rein them in before they get too violent, and that they find less and less places to congregate, both online and off. Ye gods, this is terrifying.

A religion starts out as a cult. Q is their prophet and they seem to look forward or encourage a new revelation (great awakening)

We’ve come a long way from a Jewish guy rising from the dead!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...-duper-missile-plan/ar-BB14937a?ocid=msedgdhp

giphy.gif

I love it when Obama speaks in a veil as opaque as Saran Wrap.

Obama: "Do what you think is right. Doing what feels good, what's convenient, what's easy—that's how little kids think. Unfortunately, a lot of so-called grown-ups, including some with fancy titles and important jobs, still think that way, which is why things are so screwed up."

Kind of funny how we all were under this fanciful idea that The Constitution was this brilliant, perfect document. All it took was a fairly unintelligent sociopath to realize that all you have to do is ignore it, and it has literally no power.

He seems to just be saying what anti-choice people say. Reading comprehension is fun.
Yeah.

Kind of funny how we all were under this fanciful idea that The Constitution was this brilliant, perfect document. All it took was a fairly unintelligent sociopath to realize that all you have to do is ignore it, and it has literally no power.

And a Party that almost totally willing to enable him, and let him get just about what ever he, and certain industries want.

It's still a brilliant (not perfect) document.

So, Eric Trump.

I'm guessing you mean this, in addition to the other theories he was spouting. Trump supporters believe all of it. And of course it was on Fox. The American people love him-guess I'm no longer American now. Oh well.

"They're trying to deprive him of his greatest asset, which is the fact that the American people love him, the fact that he's relatable, the fact that he can go out there and draw massive crowds. Joe Biden can't get 10 people in a room. My father's getting 50,000 in a room. And they wanna do everything they can to stop it.

“They’ll milk it every single day between now and November 3rd, and guess what, after November 3rd, coronavirus will magically all of a sudden go away and disappear and everyone will be about reopen,” says Mr Trump.

Yep.
At least we know Nov 4 we will all be safe, healthy and eating at our favorite restaurants before going to the movies and sneezing all over each other.
Less than 6 months till the magical end of Covid-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom