US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22 - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-01-2020, 11:17 PM   #381
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I’m not crediting or discrediting the accuser here. But suppose she’s telling the truth. In 2008 and 2012 there was no “me too” movement. An accuser had no voice. Don’t you think that, if you were a victim and you thought you had no voice, and that you learned that you could have a voice, you’d want to make that happen if you could?

The timing makes sense for both a liar and a victim. I think it’s wrong to ever say “you waited this long? Not valid.” How many times have we proven time and time again that victims don’t come forward?
I'm not buying this line of argument at all. Women didn't have a voice before MeToo? Come on. Yes MeToo has helped to change the conversation, and hopefully attitudes moving forward, but women made their voices heard before late 2017. Hell, Trump had wracked up 18 or so accusers by the end of 2016, a year before MeToo had taken off.

Reade claims that she submitted a report to the Senate office in 1993. One way her voice could have been heard, if a claim was actually made.

She claims the subject of going to the police came up, That was another way her voice could have been heard.

She claims that the subject of going to the press came up, but didn't want to "out of respect" for the Senator in question. (You know, we all have the utmost respect for the person that sexually assaulted us). Sounds again, much more in line with her "feeling uncomfortable" story. yet another way her voice could have been heard.

She did an interview with a paper in 2019 with an early version of the story, about feeling uncomfortable. Her voice was out there.

She claims that she tried to go to other media outlets but was "shut down". AKA. They didn't find her credible and couldn't verify her story. Because ANY media outlet would sell their left leg, and arm to be able to break a story like this. That they didn't, says a lot right there.

She then went on a podcast in late March of 2020 with a whole new story. Her voice was heard. Every news outlet in the country was digging into it, CNN, Times, AP, every one. But none could report the claims in any substantive way, because again. Her story was suspect.

So her voice was heard. Unfortunately, as my lengthy post, and the article I posted yesterday lay out in great detail. Her "voice" has been an inconsistent mess. She made her voice heard on twitter for 2 years with praise and likes for Biden. Then, suddenly as he was entering the race (against her guy Bernie) the first accusations come out. Then when that didn't stick, and Super Tuesday came and went, well... she had to up the ante.

I would never discount anyone's story because the length of time it took for them to come forward. That's pretty standard. But I absolutely would be suspicious if a changing story came out at a particular time that lined up with the accuser's known motives.
__________________

womanfish is offline  
Old 05-01-2020, 11:24 PM   #382
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 447
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
I'm not buying this line of argument at all. Women didn't have a voice before MeToo? Come on. Yes MeToo has helped to change the conversation, and hopefully attitudes moving forward, but women made their voices heard before late 2017. Hell, Trump had wracked up 18 or so accusers by the end of 2016, a year before MeToo had taken off.

Reade claims that she submitted a report to the Senate office in 1993. One way her voice could have been heard, if a claim was actually made.

She claims the subject of going to the police came up, That was another way her voice could have been heard.

She claims that the subject of going to the press came up, but didn't want to "out of respect" for the Senator in question. (You know, we all have the utmost respect for the person that sexually assaulted us). Sounds again, much more in line with her "feeling uncomfortable" story. yet another way her voice could have been heard.

She did an interview with a paper in 2019 with an early version of the story, about feeling uncomfortable. Her voice was out there.

She claims that she tried to go to other media outlets but was "shut down". AKA. They didn't find her credible and couldn't verify her story. Because ANY media outlet would sell their left leg, and arm to be able to break a story like this. That they didn't, says a lot right there.

She then went on a podcast in late March of 2020 with a whole new story. Her voice was heard. Every news outlet in the country was digging into it, CNN, Times, AP, every one. But none could report the claims in any substantive way, because again. Her story was suspect.

So her voice was heard. Unfortunately, as my lengthy post, and the article I posted yesterday lay out in great detail. Her "voice" has been an inconsistent mess. She made her voice heard on twitter for 2 years with praise and likes for Biden. Then, suddenly as he was entering the race (against her guy Bernie) the first accusations come out. Then when that didn't stick, and Super Tuesday came and went, well... she had to up the ante.

I would never discount anyone's story because the length of time it took for them to come forward. That's pretty standard. But I absolutely would be suspicious if a changing story came out at a particular time that lined up with the accuser's known motives.
Oh the irony. Brett Kavanaugh would really be smiling while reading your posts the last two days
__________________

Gzusfrk is offline  
Old 05-01-2020, 11:36 PM   #383
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,471
Local Time: 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Oh the irony. Brett Kavanaugh would really be smiling while reading your posts the last two days


We can all agree that Joe Biden has handled this much, much better than Kavanaugh.

No screaming or crying or praise of beer. Lots and lots of beer. Do you like beer Sen Klobuchar? No? Your father was an abusive alcoholic? Oh. Sorry.

He likes beer. And rage. Lots of teary rage.

The differences between these accusations has been made. Let’s talk about Trump and the 30 women’s he’s going to sue.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-01-2020, 11:38 PM   #384
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Oh the irony. Brett Kavanaugh would really be smiling while reading your posts the last two days
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-01-2020, 11:39 PM   #385
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Plenty of us said all along that he's a terrible candidate.



Though to be fair, I came to that conclusion entirely independently of this accusation.



On the other hand the Republicans are shameless. If it had been my pick (Warren) we'd be hearing nothing but Pocahontas. Though at least that is old news compared to this Biden claim.
This is not the republicans.

This is rose emoji Twitter scorched earth.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-01-2020, 11:40 PM   #386
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
We can all agree that Joe Biden has handled this much, much better than Kavanaugh.

No screaming or crying or praise of beer. Lots and lots of beer. Do you like beer Sen Klobuchar? No? Your father was an abusive alcoholic? Oh. Sorry.

He likes beer. And rage. Lots of teary rage.

The differences between these accusations has been made. Let’s talk about Trump and the 30 women’s he’s going to sue.
Yea but did you see when Joe Biden broke out his calendars?
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-01-2020, 11:49 PM   #387
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,471
Local Time: 10:56 PM
I’d much rather we had a female nominee. I was going between Klobuchar and Warren. And let’s not even talk about Bernie’s rape fantasy porn essays.

But here we are. The more I’ve learned about Reade, the less credible she seems to me. What did me in was this tweet:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	12481

Do note the date.

This also doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. But it does start to mean that Reade chose to reveal this not out of a sense of injustice, but as a means of knocking down the candidate who had vanquished hers.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-01-2020, 11:51 PM   #388
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 447
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
We can all agree that Joe Biden has handled this much, much better than Kavanaugh.

No screaming or crying or praise of beer. Lots and lots of beer. Do you like beer Sen Klobuchar? No? Your father was an abusive alcoholic? Oh. Sorry.

He likes beer. And rage. Lots of teary rage.

The differences between these accusations has been made. Let’s talk about Trump and the 30 women’s he’s going to sue.
Good deflection.....no history of any type of sexual misconduct with Kavanaugh, ...no verifiable or credible evidence , no witnesses to back up Blasey-Ford...just her story . Dems drop Blasey-Ford and her accusations like a rock as soon as Kavanaugh is confirmed. Yet the man and his family were completely crucified by Democrats for political reasons only, with no evidence.

Biden doesn’t even know who he is half the time, and the other half of the time, as we have MULTIPLE pictures and videos of, he groped, fondles and sniffs little kids and women, making them extremely uncomfortable.

The hypocrisy of Democrats is pathetic if it wasn’t so hilarious
Gzusfrk is offline  
Old 05-01-2020, 11:52 PM   #389
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,195
Local Time: 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Good deflection.....no history of any type of sexual misconduct with Kavanaugh, ...no verifiable or credible evidence , no witnesses to back up Blasey-Ford...just her story . Dems drop Blasey-Ford and her accusations like a rock as soon as Kavanaugh is confirmed. Yet the man and his family were completely crucified by Democrats for political reasons only, with no evidence.



Biden doesn’t even know who he is half the time, and the other half of the time, as we have MULTIPLE pictures and videos of, he groped, fondles and sniffs little kids and women, making them extremely uncomfortable.



The hypocrisy of Democrats is pathetic if it wasn’t so hilarious
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 05-02-2020, 12:02 AM   #390
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,471
Local Time: 10:56 PM
US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Good deflection.....no history of any type of sexual misconduct with Kavanaugh, ...no verifiable or credible evidence , no witnesses to back up Blasey-Ford...just her story . Dems drop Blasey-Ford and her accusations like a rock as soon as Kavanaugh is confirmed. Yet the man and his family were completely crucified by Democrats for political reasons only, with no evidence.



Biden doesn’t even know who he is half the time, and the other half of the time, as we have MULTIPLE pictures and videos of, he groped, fondles and sniffs little kids and women, making them extremely uncomfortable.



The hypocrisy of Democrats is pathetic if it wasn’t so hilarious


Talk about deflection. Let’s talk about how Joe is senile while Trump tells us to inject bleach.

The difference is that the second Kavanaugh was put in play for SCOTUS, Blasey-Ford stepped forward. Read has apparently been sitting on this through a quarter century of public life and an 8 year stint as VP.

But this isn’t about SCOUTS. This is about POTUS.

It’s 30+ to 1 in Trump’s favor, when it comes to these sorts of things. And Trump nominated Kavanaugh.

You sure you want to continue this? If you’re such a Kavanaugh stan you should be rushing to Biden’s defense.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 05-02-2020, 12:41 AM   #391
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,232
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I’d much rather we had a female nominee. I was going between Klobuchar and Warren. And let’s not even talk about Bernie’s rape fantasy porn essays.

But here we are. The more I’ve learned about Reade, the less credible she seems to me. What did me in was this tweet:

Attachment 12481

Do note the date.

This also doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. But it does start to mean that Reade chose to reveal this not out of a sense of injustice, but as a means of knocking down the candidate who had vanquished hers.
I don't know. Are we sure this isn't a woman that has finally been given the freedom to speak up now that MeToo is 2 and a half years into full swing? Definitely NOT a woman that calculating just the right moment to drop a (IMO) false story... I dunno, maybe a few days after Super Tuesday... Just spit balling here.


And to note, this is not the only tweet with her cute little Tick Tock line.
Another I remember was a response to a tweet where someone was talking about some shakeup with Bernie in the primary, and she replied, It's all about timing... Tick Tock Joe Biden.
womanfish is offline  
Old 05-02-2020, 01:15 AM   #392
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,370
Local Time: 01:26 PM
Would all of you doubting Reade's accusation against Biden maintain the same perspective on its validity if hypothetically it was Bernie who was the accused?
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 05-02-2020, 02:12 AM   #393
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 34,830
Local Time: 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post

Also, in response to the Chomsky thing: if your plan to say "Biden is better than Trump" is to cite climate change concerns, the fact that Biden's plan also has us not getting anywhere close to making up enough ground does not help your case. There's a reason his climate grade is an "F." It's because when it comes to something so massive and so perilous, "being better than Trump" is not nearly enough. You need to actually set us up to be able to turn the tide in a decade. His plan falls so painfully short, there is functionally no difference.
There are at least three MAJOR Differences between Biden and Trump in this area.

1) He believes in Science.

2) He'll appoint Smart and Serious people.

3a) He probably can be pushed further in this arena.
3b) Jeez, you can play the empathy and compassion cards for children now, children yet to be born.

With Trump as far as I know so far you've GOT NOTHING, Zip, nada, zilch in this issue to move him on. And practically every god damn day Trump makes it WORSE!

So DON'T tell me there's NO practical difference! .
dazzledbylight is offline  
Old 05-02-2020, 03:02 AM   #394
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,370
Local Time: 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
There are at least three MAJOR Differences between Biden and Trump in this area.

1) He believes in Science.

2) He'll appoint Smart and Serious people.

3a) He probably can be pushed further in this arena.
3b) Jeez, you can play the empathy and compassion cards for children now, children yet to be born.


With Trump as far as I know so far you've GOT NOTHING, Zip, nada, zilch in this issue to move him on. And practically every god damn day Trump makes it WORSE!

So DON'T tell me there's NO practical difference! .

None of these points are anything more than vague or particularly convincing.
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 05-02-2020, 03:14 AM   #395
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
I'm not buying this line of argument at all. Women didn't have a voice before MeToo? Come on. Yes MeToo has helped to change the conversation, and hopefully attitudes moving forward, but women made their voices heard before late 2017.
yes, a number of very brave women spoke up prior to 2017, and for the most part almost nothing happened to any of the men that they spoke up against. as we have seen, not all that much has changed when women speak up against politicians since then either.

"why didn't she speak up sooner" is a very weak card to play.
DaveC is online now  
Old 05-02-2020, 03:23 AM   #396
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,458
Local Time: 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
I'm not buying this line of argument at all. Women didn't have a voice before MeToo? Come on. Yes MeToo has helped to change the conversation, and hopefully attitudes moving forward, but women made their voices heard before late 2017. Hell, Trump had wracked up 18 or so accusers by the end of 2016, a year before MeToo had taken off.



Reade claims that she submitted a report to the Senate office in 1993. One way her voice could have been heard, if a claim was actually made.



She claims the subject of going to the police came up, That was another way her voice could have been heard.



She claims that the subject of going to the press came up, but didn't want to "out of respect" for the Senator in question. (You know, we all have the utmost respect for the person that sexually assaulted us). Sounds again, much more in line with her "feeling uncomfortable" story. yet another way her voice could have been heard.



She did an interview with a paper in 2019 with an early version of the story, about feeling uncomfortable. Her voice was out there.



She claims that she tried to go to other media outlets but was "shut down". AKA. They didn't find her credible and couldn't verify her story. Because ANY media outlet would sell their left leg, and arm to be able to break a story like this. That they didn't, says a lot right there.



She then went on a podcast in late March of 2020 with a whole new story. Her voice was heard. Every news outlet in the country was digging into it, CNN, Times, AP, every one. But none could report the claims in any substantive way, because again. Her story was suspect.



So her voice was heard. Unfortunately, as my lengthy post, and the article I posted yesterday lay out in great detail. Her "voice" has been an inconsistent mess. She made her voice heard on twitter for 2 years with praise and likes for Biden. Then, suddenly as he was entering the race (against her guy Bernie) the first accusations come out. Then when that didn't stick, and Super Tuesday came and went, well... she had to up the ante.



I would never discount anyone's story because the length of time it took for them to come forward. That's pretty standard. But I absolutely would be suspicious if a changing story came out at a particular time that lined up with the accuser's known motives.


Again I’m not picking a side on this in terms of Reade because I don’t see enough information to have my heart settled one way or another, but flat out I find this post to be disgusting.

This goes against everything regarding listening to and believing a victim.

This is an exceptional circumstance given the nature and reasonable doubt associated with her case and with the potential that she has ulterior motives.

That does not change a thing though. This post you’ve provided gross against everything. I don’t even feel I can line by line address the elements of this. You think a 1993 senate office was listening to an accuser. You should be ashamed for that statement, and every subsequent statement where you dare consider questioning the notion of why a theoretical victim does not behave in a way that you deem to be logical, simply because it supports your argument in this very moment. It’s disgusting, it’s like you’ve learned nothing and not listened to any story any victim has told.

And shit, I’m not even saying this particular woman is truthful or not. I refuse to draw a conclusion on such a controversial topic with such iffy and unclear facts. But damn, read your post over again.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 05-02-2020, 03:29 AM   #397
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,458
Local Time: 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Good deflection.....no history of any type of sexual misconduct with Kavanaugh, ...no verifiable or credible evidence , no witnesses to back up Blasey-Ford...just her story . Dems drop Blasey-Ford and her accusations like a rock as soon as Kavanaugh is confirmed. Yet the man and his family were completely crucified by Democrats for political reasons only, with no evidence.



Biden doesn’t even know who he is half the time, and the other half of the time, as we have MULTIPLE pictures and videos of, he groped, fondles and sniffs little kids and women, making them extremely uncomfortable.



The hypocrisy of Democrats is pathetic if it wasn’t so hilarious


If you want to call everyone out for being hypocritical right now I’m all for it, not because the situations are the same but because the defenses absolutely are...

...but save us the creepy joe sniffy sniff sniff “pictures and videos.” Propaganda. He had someone accuse him of this, and that should be listened to, but the notion that he’s just sucking up all the air around “children” is absolutely a right wing fantasy. Y’all need to cut the pedophile shit, we all know that’s not what’s fucking happening here.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 05-02-2020, 03:44 AM   #398
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,973
Local Time: 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Biden doesn’t even know who he is half the time, and the other half of the time, as we have MULTIPLE pictures and videos of, he groped, fondles and sniffs little kids and women, making them extremely uncomfortable.

The hypocrisy of Democrats is pathetic if it wasn’t so hilarious





DaveC is online now  
Old 05-02-2020, 04:52 AM   #399
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,722
Local Time: 08:56 PM
Seriously, I don't want to hear a goddamn peep from any Trump supporters* on this topic. Not a single word. You've all already made it abundantly clear how low you were willing to let your bar go on this issue, so you all need to shut up and sit down and let everyone else do the talking on this one.

*Yeah, yeah, I know, we've got one guy here who's an "independent conservative", blah, blah. The above comments still stand.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 05-02-2020, 08:57 AM   #400
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,471
Local Time: 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Would all of you doubting Reade's accusation against Biden maintain the same perspective on its validity if hypothetically it was Bernie who was the accused?


Yes.
__________________

Irvine511 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×