US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22 - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2020, 09:34 PM   #301
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:08 PM
https://twitter.com/KidCharisma_/sta...70353229758465

Old 04-25-2020, 09:40 PM   #302
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:08 AM
What a fucking moron

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/tru...l-coronavirus/

Old 04-26-2020, 01:46 AM   #303
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
While I agree he is a moron, it says he asked if people could breathe it in, not if it could be used to kill the virus in people. Question sounds more like "can you enter the room when the mist is active?" and someone is spinning it to make him sound dumberer.
Old 04-26-2020, 02:05 AM   #304
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
While I agree he is a moron, it says he asked if people could breathe it in, not if it could be used to kill the virus in people. Question sounds more like "can you enter the room when the mist is active?" and someone is spinning it to make him sound dumberer.
I thought of that, but I've learned long ago to never give him the benefit of the doubt. You will almost always be wrong. Whatever the worst thing is, just inevitably is when it comes to him.
Also, this was the next day after saying that you could give your lungs a "cleaning" by injecting yourself (or your lungs, not sure) with disinfectant. So this seems right in line with this thinking.
I truly believe that Trump thinks that the virus itself is in the lungs, and not in your blood, and causing damage to lungs and other organs. It's almost mystifying how simple he is. Truly like 6 year old type logic. It's astounding.
Old 04-26-2020, 02:06 AM   #305
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Just because everyone needs a laugh right about now. This guy is really, really good. Close your eyes and listen. It's remarkable. And damn funny too.

https://twitter.com/digg/status/1253738718281830401
Old 04-26-2020, 07:39 PM   #306
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Just because everyone needs a laugh right about now. This guy is really, really good. Close your eyes and listen. It's remarkable. And damn funny too.

https://twitter.com/digg/status/1253738718281830401
Bwaaahahahhaaaaaaa! Amazingly close voice, and annuciation. Good plus material.
Thanks!
Old 04-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #307
War Child

Local Time: 11:08 PM
New York is cancelling the presidential primary instead of moving to mail-in ballots. Seems that Sanders made an error in suspending his campaign, and he should have stuck it out like he did in 2016. Now he's kneecapped his own ability to try to help the Democrats, even if it's becoming more and more clear they aren't interesting in trying to do anything.

Meanwhile, more corroboration coming out that Tara Reade has had a pretty consistent story in private since the 90s, and that her trajectory of struggling to decide whether/how to reveal the truth is much more in line with Christine Ford's.

https://www.businessinsider.com/form...accuser-2020-4
Old 04-27-2020, 01:56 PM   #308
War Child

Actually, they ARE moving to mail-in ballots for the downballot races! They're just straight up removing Sanders from the ballot to eliminate any chance he gets delegates, and also drive down turnout. Their explanation is that it's because of the pandemic, even though the downballots are still happening and they're moving to mail. Just a direct attempt to make sure Sanders and those who support him are driven out of the process.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:44 PM   #309
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Actually, they ARE moving to mail-in ballots for the downballot races! They're just straight up removing Sanders from the ballot to eliminate any chance he gets delegates, and also drive down turnout. Their explanation is that it's because of the pandemic, even though the downballots are still happening and they're moving to mail. Just a direct attempt to make sure Sanders and those who support him are driven out of the process.
I'm genuinely confused why it matters if someone who is no longer running gets delegates or not.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:24 PM   #310
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
I'm genuinely confused why it matters if someone who is no longer running gets delegates or not.
i'm not sure what the exact number is but if he reaches a certain proportion of the total delegates then his staff gets representation on the convention committees, and thus greater influence on the overall party platform.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:50 PM   #311
Blue Crack Addict

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_cwkQuD...=1em3zs3e47uc3
Old 04-28-2020, 12:24 AM   #312
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I also like this one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_dzvK4jNt-/
Old 04-28-2020, 08:51 AM   #313
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
New York is cancelling the presidential primary instead of moving to mail-in ballots. Seems that Sanders made an error in suspending his campaign, and he should have stuck it out like he did in 2016. Now he's kneecapped his own ability to try to help the Democrats, even if it's becoming more and more clear they aren't interesting in trying to do anything.

Meanwhile, more corroboration coming out that Tara Reade has had a pretty consistent story in private since the 90s, and that her trajectory of struggling to decide whether/how to reveal the truth is much more in line with Christine Ford's.

https://www.businessinsider.com/form...accuser-2020-4
I don't know. I never ever want to be that person that doesn't take a sexual assault claim seriously. I can't imagine what the victims go through, but I automatically question the motives for EVERY person that suddenly makes an issue about it when somebody is running for office. I'm not saying that's always on the victim. I'm sure lawyers and press have something to do with it too.

I even thought the Kavanaugh thing was overboard, and I think he's a piece of shit. If Biden really did it, then fuck him, but I just don't know that any good is going to come from a "he said, she said" case while the biggest piece of shit of them all sits in the White House and has most likely assaulted many women.

I guess, ultimately I'm really torn on the subject. I always want to be respectful of the accuser, but it just always seems fishy when suddenly the right time to make noise about it is when someone is in line for a promotion or office.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:52 AM   #314
War Child

If you thought the Kavanaugh thing was overboard, then there's no further discussion necessary.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:55 AM   #315
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i'm not sure what the exact number is but if he reaches a certain proportion of the total delegates then his staff gets representation on the convention committees, and thus greater influence on the overall party platform.
Correct, which Sanders and his campaign have been saying since he announced his campaign was suspended. It's not even that crazy big of a deal in one sense since it won't affect the outcome of the primary, yet it's also such an easy thing for them to NOT do. But they can't help themselves. As one pro-Biden operative I saw put it, it doesn't really help Biden at all, avoids the real issue of trying to manage holding elections via mail, and fuels the already existing and legitimate belief that the process is rigged against Sanders.

The Democratic Party is very clear that they want to go after Republican voters, not the left.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:15 AM   #316
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
If you thought the Kavanaugh thing was overboard, then there's no further discussion necessary.
Why wouldn't you be willing to have a discussion with someone who is obviously torn on the subject? Instead of belittling, maybe sell me on your viewpoint.

And for the record, I thought Christine Ford was very brave and in no way am I trying to suggest any kind of slander on her. But I just think the fact that there was no physical evidence that could be provided, we all knew how it was going to end up, and I felt like it was a bad look for the Democrats and gave the Republicans a chance to victimize Kavanaugh in the process.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:06 PM   #317
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
And for the record, I thought Christine Ford was very brave and in no way am I trying to suggest any kind of slander on her. But I just think the fact that there was no physical evidence that could be provided, we all knew how it was going to end up, and I felt like it was a bad look for the Democrats and gave the Republicans a chance to victimize Kavanaugh in the process.

i think this is a very honest reaction, and similar to mine. i thought Kavanaugh was a piece of shit, but what i found most disqualifying in regards to this incident was how he reacted when questioned -- screaming, crying, telling us how much he loved beer. it was insane. if anyone doubts what white privilege is, just take a look at Kavanaugh.

i've been taking the Tara Reade story seriously, and on paper, she does have as much corroborating evidence as Christine Ford did. but neither man is being charged with a crime, because they evidence they have isn't enough to charge anyone with a crime. could i picture Kavanaugh doing what she claimed? absolutely. have i met people in their age group who were in the DC private school world in the early 1980s who did know Kavanaugh and his friends and her and have said, yes, absolutely this could have happened? yes. did i find Ford an incredibly compelling witness? yes. did i believe her? yes. did i personally find it disqualifying? yes. am i a Senator? no. do i believe Tara Reade is lying? i'm not sure. i'm still living with it. i don't think this call to CNN is quite the bombshell as it was initially presented in here -- but i've gotten used to the distortions. do i think Biden could have done it? yes. does Biden have a history of this behavior? no. was Biden known as one of the good ones? yes. can good people do bad things? yes.

this will come down to individual voters and how they feel about a he said/she said situation. i haven't fully digested yet.

for the record, i find this issue a significantly more compelling reason not to vote for Biden than any sort of relatively minor policy disagreement, especially when contrasted with the nihilism of the GOP death cult.

as for the NY State voting, i kind of wish that Bernie was on the ballot, if only to take away fuel for the ever-burning Leftist sense of betrayal and grievance. the Left never fails; it is only failed by others.

that said, in 20 out of 62 counties the only thing on the ballot would have been the primary. nothing else was being contested. after all the sanctimony about Wisconsin and how Biden was accused (again) of murdering people, it seems a little bit silly. this will also save a state that is literally bleeding money millions of dollars.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:01 PM   #318
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:08 PM
6.5 weeks after filing electronically for direct deposit: still no tax return.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:12 PM   #319
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I have no problem vetting this Biden accusation. Zero.

But you better do the same fucking thing for every one of Trump’s. Whatever it is 16-22 women who have come forward.

Trump story comes out, outrage for 20 mins and then on to something else.

Yet for Biden, and even Clinton all we hear daily for months are these stories.

It hurts one side politically, and it completely lowers any moral bar / standard as a society.

It’s enough to make you want to drink bleach
Old 04-28-2020, 04:20 PM   #320
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Why wouldn't you be willing to have a discussion with someone who is obviously torn on the subject? Instead of belittling, maybe sell me on your viewpoint.

My response was under the understanding that "overboard" was in response to how much credibility was given to Ford, given that Reade's credibility is the subject of the current discussion. How it was handled by the Democrats and the press is a totally separate discussion. I'm talking strictly about whether or not you believe Ford and Reade.