US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22 - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2020, 04:11 PM   #201
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Let's grab a couple of water jugs and head down to the refinery.

The jugs, of course, will cost more than the oil
At negative 37 bucks and change a barrel, I just ordered 100,000 barrels. Hoping the 3.7Mil cash shows up before the erl.

Old 04-20-2020, 05:26 PM   #202
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:34 PM
I honestly have asked the same question about why there hasn't been more significant pushback in some respects against Trump among most Americans in this country in recent years. Yes, we've seen some protests here and there, but it does feel rather muted in some ways.

I think the big answer to that, though, is that this administration has thrown SO MUCH insanity out there during its run, to where it's just become so freaking exhausting to try and keep up with whatever latest outrageous, awful thing he's done that day, because he can do, like, fifty of them in one day. And then the fact that it seems like no matter what efforts people do try and take to hold him accountable, if not take him down altogether, none of it ever seem to stick to him. That whole "Teflon" thing. And he's got a ridiculously powerful GOP machine who's shielding him, too, and has scary control of things. So after a while people start to feel discouraged and wonder if anything they do will even work anymore, because it feels like no matter what we try and do, he refuses to GO AWAY.

Obviously I don't think just throwing up our hands is the way to go, either, but I do think that's a large part of the answer to that question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
So concentrate on downticket voting - the Senate, the Congress and state races which are ultimately in some ways in the aggregate more important anyway. If the Democrats controlled both houses of Congress, Donald Trump would get nothing done.
This. Hell, if we get Democratic control of both houses of Congress, we could take another stab at impeachment (lord knows we could find plenty in this pandemic crisis to go after him for) and finally get rid of Trump altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
I hope that he gets Biden to take on a few more progressive ideas, like he did with college tuition, and we win house and senate seats across the country. Joe could be more than a placeholder if we get a Senate majority. There could be some concrete progress.
Same. I think that's what people need to remember about Biden-even if you don't like him specifically, if he surrounds himself with great people, and we do get some more progressive people in Congress and his cabinet and whatnot, that'll make it a lot easier to get him on board with various things.

Old 04-20-2020, 10:50 PM   #203
Blue Crack Distributor

Kim Jong Un possibly near death, it would appear. Which ya know has got to have him extra pissed with the Rodman Last Dance episode due Sunday.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:53 PM   #204
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:34 AM
Trump will take credit for heart failures.

Trump also closing all immigration, but says we are in great shape to go back to work!!
Old 04-20-2020, 10:56 PM   #205
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

https://twitter.com/Otpor17/status/1252357918789267456

https://twitter.com/davidplouffe/sta...00207082987521
Old 04-20-2020, 11:01 PM   #206
Blue Crack Distributor

Talk about everything Trump touches dies amirite??
Old 04-20-2020, 11:26 PM   #207
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Kim Jong Un possibly near death, it would appear. Which ya know has got to have him extra pissed with the Rodman Last Dance episode due Sunday.
it'll be interesting to see what happens if he dies in terms of the succession - he's confirmed (by dennis rodman lol) to have one daughter but she's only 7 years old. there's speculation that he may have had more children since then but obviously they'd all be very young too.

the "ten principles" (basically the constitution) of north korea was modified in 2013 to add a clause that the leadership must pass down through the "baekdu bloodline" which means the kim dynasty but it isn't clear if that means only his children can inherit, or any relative.

if it's the second case i'm betting his sister steps in (though i don't know if/how her being female changes anything). if it's the former than i guess there's a regency for one of kim's children? not sure how well that would fly in a military dictatorship.

anyways people are probably over-speculating as usual when it comes to NK. there was chatter that he'd had a stroke in 2014 when he disappeared for a little while but it turned out he just had an operation on his ankle. i think the most likely scenario is that he recovers but not fully, and the sister (kim yo-jong) takes over more of the day-to-day operations.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:54 PM   #208
Blue Crack Supplier

JerryDunk
Lost post to you twice - let's try again...
This is what you said (quoting, and paraphrasing) in previous thread and why I objected in this thread 4/15 post #58.

"they [Dems] want you to let them get away with class solidarity because they'll show you a bone" (and bring up the Repubs as a threat).
"they'll line their pockets but say nice things about minority groups, and women." .

"they are talking about class solidarity across parties" "they're not completely the same" "the Democrats are anti-labor"
Old 04-21-2020, 12:19 AM   #209
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Trump will take credit for heart failures.

Trump also closing all immigration, but says we are in great shape to go back to work!!
All immigration?! If he said it over weekend, (went lighter on news listening) I might have missed it. Didn't hear anything today, either ( back to more news).

Quote:
Talk about everything Trump touches dies amirite??
urrite

btw your long post was very open, and moving. Glad you got things going better for yourself.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:24 AM   #210
Blue Crack Supplier

moonlit

For me it's somewhat like partly white-noise background - not really 'hearing' it in the front of my mind unless maybe certain triggers (?) - but yeah, white guys talking about whether to vote or not, especially when the issue of property owning was changed waaay before our lifetimes. So glad you have pointed that out!
While we women, and black people had to fight long, and longer! Now with voter suppression 3.0 ongoing. .

In fact one of the later rallys for Bill Clinton in NYC was preceded by a march comemorating the 75th Anniversary of women winning the right to vote.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:24 AM   #211
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Honestly: why is he “awful, awful”?

He’s a total generic Democrat placeholder who will continue the party and the country’s gradual march leftward. He won’t start stupid wars. More people will get health care. We will love closer towards a public option and eventually to Medicare for All. He will appoint center-left judges. He will Moe towards some version of a Green New Deal.

He will do all the things any center-left Democrat would do while in office, and likely be even more effective because he knows the Senate and because of his appeal to the center and to working class whites in rust belt states.

He isn’t promising the deep structural reform that Warren might, but without a Senate majority, how much of that would actually happen?

Please, justify for me what you mean by “awful, awful.”

Honestly, I'd be relatively pleased if he managed to get all the things you touched upon done. I would love to believe that he wants to drag your country left, but unfortunately the left are cynics regarding progressive change via the Democrats.

I think Biden's an awful candidate in 2020 because of his (at best) questionable history with women, his inability to deal with criticism even when the target is operating in good faith, support of the Iraq war among other things. His evident cognitive decline does not help but in fairness it's not his fault. I'd happily take Buttigieg as a candidate over Biden if mild social democracy is definitively off the table for a Democratic presidential candidate.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:56 AM   #212
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:34 PM
KJU is like Trump, teflon. Whatever is going on with him he'll probably make a complete recovery. Even if he doesn't, who will ever know? Trump probably ordered pallets of hydroxychloroquine be sent by military jet. Magic pill!
Old 04-21-2020, 11:38 AM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

https://twitter.com/natashabertrand/...687737856?s=21

There’s still so much we don’t know about the attack on our 2016 election.

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...687737856?s=20
Old 04-21-2020, 12:00 PM   #214
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Some weird shit arising about Tara Reade.

https://twitter.com/mare_rescue/stat...63325395468288

I knew Tara Reade (Tara McCabe) from 2006 to 2016. She stole from my nonprofit, lied, created stories to obtain sympathy and money. Fled across the nation from Calif. to Georgia to run away from an "abusive X". She is a fraud. Bragged about her work with Biden

Also looking like her story of an "abusive ex" may be false as well
Old 04-21-2020, 12:10 PM   #215
Blue Crack Supplier

At least its not weird shit about Tara Reid.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:20 PM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
At least its not weird shit about Tara Reid.
Because that would cause a real whirlwind across the country!
Old 04-21-2020, 12:22 PM   #217
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Because that would cause a real whirlwind across the country!
A Sharknado-esque whirlwind!
Old 04-21-2020, 12:23 PM   #218
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Some weird shit arising about Tara Reade.

https://twitter.com/mare_rescue/stat...63325395468288

I knew Tara Reade (Tara McCabe) from 2006 to 2016. She stole from my nonprofit, lied, created stories to obtain sympathy and money. Fled across the nation from Calif. to Georgia to run away from an "abusive X". She is a fraud. Bragged about her work with Biden

Also looking like her story of an "abusive ex" may be false as well
the accusation itself was instantly labeled here as "clear bullshit" and "laughably and obviously false" because it was "only flying on twitter", but this one random anonymous tweet from a horse farm that has nothing whatsoever backing it up is credible and believable. okay then.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:36 PM   #219
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:34 PM
I’m general I find it a bit fucked that people have a side to this. You shouldn’t have a side. You should just hope it’s not true, but allow facts to play out.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:40 PM   #220
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
the accusation itself was instantly labeled here as "clear bullshit" and "laughably and obviously false" because it was "only flying on twitter", but this one random anonymous tweet from a horse farm that has nothing whatsoever backing it up is credible and believable. okay then.
Well, if you want to filter out anything that points to her be a fraudulent, lying thief that made up stories for her own benefit and sympathy, then that's your prerogative.

So far none of her assertions about who she spoke with while working in Washington have been supported, her story changes and she has political motives to make the accusation.

But sure, I'm sure she's completely legit.