Trump General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullshit. This was a politically motivated bullshit shutdown led by the Ted Cruz's of the world in order to defund Obamacare. The Republicans then tried to pick and choose which areas to fund after the shutdown began. The only people who disliked the optics of the Obama administration were those were going to dislike whatever Obama did, anyways.

Bad Optics and Elitism has contributed to the loss of 63 Congressional seats, 10 Senate seats, and 12 Governorships during the Obama Presidency.

Bad Optics and Elitism has contributed to the loss of 63 Congressional seats, 10 Senate seats, and 12 Governorships during the Obama Presidency.
You mean bullshit? Yea, we unfortunately have a lot of people in this country who fall for bullshit. Bullshit just elected a clown as president.

Maybe that's just the elite part of me speaking, though.

You mean bullshit? Yea, we unfortunately have a lot of people in this country who fall for bullshit. Bullshit just elected a clown as president.

Maybe that's just the elite part of me speaking, though.

Time for the Democrats to figure out what that narrative is and who will carry the message forward. In 2018 the Democrats have to defend 23 Senate Seats to the Republican's 8.

Time for the Democrats to figure out what that narrative is and who will carry the message forward. In 2018 the Democrats have to defend 23 Senate Seats to the Republican's 8.

2018 is a lost cause due to gerrymandering and what you wrote.

By 2020 when Trump is an embarrassment even to the likes of you (I'm sure you'll conveniently disappear from the forum like when grabapussygate happened), and the Republicans have to defend almost all the seats, and the census leads to redistricting, you won't be this smug.

No doubt he will try to pick off more and more smaller nations to rebuild an old USSSR.

Getting sick of hearing this. It would be of little benefit to Russia.

His campaign staff had ties to Russian Oligarchs, and his incoming staff has even closer ties.

It's not a stretch to think that there is favoritism going on, or potentially that Trump is paying back some sort of business loans/deals made in the past.

It's all just a little unnerving.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
There are lots of Americans who would have had ties to Russian oligarchs, do you remember the 90s at all? It's not exactly ridiculous that Trump would given his business empire.

We are Putin's bitch come Jan 20th.

Thanks Trumpets.

Just like Yeltsin was America's. ;)

On a more serious level, was Putin not gushed over by the Western press once he took power or something to that effect? The level of discourse on this board on this particular issue is pretty lacklustre the best of times.

Last edited:
On a more serious level, was Putin not gushed over by the Western press once he took power or something to that effect? The level of discourse on this board on this particular issue is pretty lacklustre the best of times.

I don't remember the gushing to be honest, but I can only speak for Canadian press I recall.

He fairly quickly became a caricature of an evil dictator which is how he is portrayed today. In fairness he contributed a lot to this image by wrestling bears naked or whatever it is that he does in his spare time (while ensuring it's photographed).

I think it might have been fairly early on in his rule, maybe not quite 'gushing' (an exaggeration on my part) but at least a somewhat hopeful portrait awarded to him.

Vlad, would you be willing to give a brief summary of your Putin opinions and of his foreign policy decisions? It did occur to me, while trying to get my head around Aleppo, that perhaps Putin has got that one right. It's very difficult to know what to think about these things when the information you're distilling is so one-sided.

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

This seams to be your go to; I can't backup what I'm... so what are the Dems gonna do?

Well it seems like your message is that they should embrace the fake news/ propaganda route?

This seams to be your go to; I can't backup what I'm... so what are the Dems gonna do?

Well it seems like your message is that they should embrace the fake news/ propaganda route?

There is, unfortunately, truth to it though. If political leaders can't take people with them they're failing, no matter how correct they are.
This is happening all over the world and is scary as fuck. The charismatic firebrands all seem to be far right. The left seems to have missed the memo that we're in the sound-bite age.

There is, unfortunately, truth to it though. If political leaders can't take people with them they're failing, no matter how correct they are.
This is happening all over the world and is scary as fuck. The charismatic firebrands all seem to be far right. The left seems to have missed the memo that we're in the sound-bite age.

Yeah, social media is turning us into click bait world. And those of us that still cherish fact and logic are laughed at. I'm not sure what to do. Do we hope fact will prevail, or play the game?

This was reserved for my back and forth with Headache. His previous statement seemed to confirm the Democratic conundrum

And they've won 6 out of the last 7 popular votes for the presidency, often by significant margins.

Your post indicates a problem for Democrats, but only insofar as they've yet to be able to overcome the outrageous institutional bias towards rural America. As well as white backlash to our first black president.

The President-elect's New Year's message is truly inspiring. Love!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

oops, missed your post!

i think it might be the best thing yet! :lol:

omg i am actually thinking the next few years might not be so bad after all if he keeps making me laugh this much - who needs comedy with a president like that?! :lol:

Truthfully this is how I feel. I loathe him but I mean he's president... gotta at least enjoy it for what it's worth. America wanted a clown and at least he's trying... to be funny...

oh man have you guys seen Trump's Happy New Year tweet?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/815185071317676033?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

omg i am actually thinking the next few years might not be so bad after all if he keeps making me laugh this much - who needs comedy with a president like that?! [emoji38]
Incredible, he's like a child in a playground. I actually can't believe any (70 odd year old) adult never mind a president could be so immature and lack any sort of self awareness. Beyond politics, his behaviour and Tweets are just insane.

And they've won 6 out of the last 7 popular votes for the presidency, often by significant margins.

Your post indicates a problem for Democrats, but only insofar as they've yet to be able to overcome the outrageous institutional bias towards rural America. As well as white backlash to our first black president.

Just two months ago it was the Republicans that were the regional party and dying a slow death.

Oreg's been on the money this election cycle. Most of us have not :shrug:

Trump has been described as a Blue-Collar Billionaire by his crowd. Started with a loan/gift from his father. Had understanding of the building-construction process which eventually evolved into business/real estate development. Respecting his employees, from the guy laying the bricks, to the doorman, to the head architect on his latest project.
He was born with a silverspoon and started out life with a rather large GIFT. And for every story there is of a contractor saying he shook his hand, there's a story about an architect he didn't pay and put out of business just because he wanted the project to look like it came in on budget.

There are many anecdotes of him shaking every hand of every employee in a restaurant. If he was in Mar-A-Lago on business and there happened to be Wedding in one of the ballrooms he would make it a point to stop by and meet the bride-groom and shake the parents hands.
And if you weren't in Breitbart world you'd know the many stories of Obama fist bumping the White House custodians, getting on the floor to play with kids, and respecting each and everyone of his staff.
In Presidential practice, conservatives have complained about his elitist behavior. Aloof attitude. Way back he had his Deplorable moment when he referred to those in Middle America as bitter people who clinged to their guns and religion during a closed door Fundraiser in San Francisco. That was the root of the claims of his Cosmopolitan Elitism all the way back in 2008. Broadbrush statement, that is probably rooted in some truth, but every clinger must be judged on their own attitude.
Well you did all CLING to that comment for 8 years, but grabbing pussies was swept under the rug in 30 seconds.
There were moments when Obama seemed to really want to stick it to the American people. It was an elitist move to shut down the WWII memorial during the government shutdown. The memorial itself is an open-air charity funded monument in Washington. Maybe it was his 'Art of the Deal' to end the shutdown. But the ones hurt the most were veterans (some of them dying) who arranged to take group flights to DC to see the memorial. For me that was one of his lowest moments of smug elitism.
THIS is rich, THIS is information isolationism at it's best. Wow, just wow...
Other conservatives argue his narcissistic elitism is on display almost every time he gives a speech or press conference. Refers to himself as "I" in some deliveries more than 200 times. Those are a couple reasons why conservatives view Obama as elitist. The super-haters can cite many more, I'm not super hard on him (just a few moments). Every President will have those tone-deaf elite moments. Bush 41 in the supermarket check out line. Bill parsing the word "is". Trump is bound to have his moments too.
This has to be the absolutely dumbest argument I've ever heard. Hannity and Rush started this whole, let's focus on him saying "I", EVERY president spoke this way. Your candidate just thanked himself for something he didn't do!!! How can one be so blind to this?

It's propaganda that made him elitist, and a big reason the propaganda worked was because of the color of his skin. We have this uppity black couple in the WH, they think they're better than us because they're educated and talk a certain way. And I know you'll try and sweep this under the rug, but this was a huge factor in this perception, it's something we've talked about and pointed out for years in here. It's a big reason why a man with absolutely atrocious grammar won, it makes certain folks feel like he's one of them, even though he couldn't relate to them in any way, shape, or form and won't give a shit about them once he's in office.

Just two months ago it was the Republicans that were the regional party and dying a slow death.

Except the win is by party name alone. The demagogue they elected had almost nothing to do with their platform, in fact quite opposite in most manners. Even though it was a win, this will effect the party.

Oreg's been on the money this election cycle. Most of us have not :shrug:

And had 20,000 voters in three suspiciously critical swing states voted differently, the discussion would be totally different than the one we're having. While O absolutely predicted the white voter surge in rural America, I don't think there's need for too much of an overreaction to Mrs Clinton's candidacy, Mr Obama's 8 years, or the strength and popularity of the GOP. Mr Trump rode an "outsider" wave (and was the beneficiary of media bias that preferred him as the more interesting, ratings-friendly candidate), and he throttled the GOP field.

We can point to the seeming strength of the GOP in terms of governorships and state house success, but this falls into the rural/urban imbalance. I think the mayors of NYC and LA have far more influence (and constituents) than do the governors and state houses of WY, ID, AZ, the Dakotas, etc. California is the 6th largest economy in the world. Compare its success to the economic disasters of LA or KS, and you may well have the bigger populations of blue states shrugging their shoulders and allowing red states to vote themselves into further economic hardship, lack of medical care, and functional illiteracy. While the GOP may look as if it is popular, economic power and cultural might lies in the blue states.

Vlad, would you be willing to give a brief summary of your Putin opinions and of his foreign policy decisions? It did occur to me, while trying to get my head around Aleppo, that perhaps Putin has got that one right. It's very difficult to know what to think about these things when the information you're distilling is so one-sided.

He still hasn't responded to my request to give his thoughts on Sarah Kendzior, who believes Trump is looking to set up an oligarchy much like Russia. That sounds over the top, but for someone of Russian background to give their thoughts on what she is saying would be much appreciated, and relieving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom