Obama General Discussion, vol. 3 - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #721
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:01 AM
You all heard about Obamas latest plan to expand Big Government, enlarging the Dept of Commere and what have you. . .

Oh wait. . .it was the other way around?

My bad. . .

Old 01-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #722
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:01 AM
When will you all realize that Obama is a radical, Muslim, anti-capitalist liberal?

It's all right there before your eyes.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:08 AM   #723
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:01 AM
12 years of conservative policy. god damn it.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #724
War Child

So did anyone catch Michelle on iCarly last night?

Old 01-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #725
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:01 AM
Keystone pipeline permit is denied by Obama administration

or

How to turn purple states red with the one press release.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #726
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post

or

I am wondering what the split in jobs is like in international petrochemical engineering projects like this proposed one. Canadian engineers from TransCanada Corp. working with local US construction companies in each state? Or would it mostly be skilled labour shipped in from north of the border. Not entirely sure.

Obama Denies Keystone XL Permit, Will Let TransCanada Refile - The Washington Post
Old 01-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #727
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post

or

Am I crazy or was it some Republican governor of Nebraska who was the first to raise a giant stink over this pipeline??
Old 01-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #728
Blue Crack Addict

POTUS has a very good reason to like Mickey Mouse. President Obama is visiting Disney World in Florida Thursday, announcing that he plans to expand and accelerate visa-application processing for countries like Brazil, India, and China, saying that “America is open for business.” This will make it easier for international travelers to head to the states--and more money for the nation to get "Americans back to work." He also opened his speech like this: “It’s always nice to meet someone who has bigger ears than me".
Old 01-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #729
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Am I crazy or was it some Republican governor of Nebraska who was the first to raise a giant stink over this pipeline??
The governor is now fully on board after a rerouting of one section in his state. The only ones against the pipeline now are the

and our fundraiser-in-chief in the White House.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #730
Blue Crack Addict

How about Obama singing Al Green? I'd like to hear him do the whole song

Old 01-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #731
War Child

^Apparently, it's now a ringtone courtesy of the Obama re-election campaign.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #732
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:01 PM
I asked this earlier - but don't think there was a response - what do you reckon are the chances Biden won't be the VP come the election? There's a bit of a (media) push for a change there, and as far as I can tell, no commitment from Team Obama. Few interesting possibilities, no?
Old 01-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #733
Forum Moderator

Which media pushers are you talking about? That's just not done, really. Spiro Agnew resigned, but that was after being charged with felony tax evasion and accepting bribes. Is there evidence that Biden wants to resign?

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 01-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #734
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

You see the odd article here and there - 'opinion' - that the Obama campaign would be better served with Biden out. They're not saying he sucks, just that it would be a good re-fresher, or the ticket could be better. And no suggestion that Biden will resign, but with Clinton saying she's likely out of her role at the end of this term, and a reported rumour that Biden wouldn't mind that role, you could sort of see some kind of chair shuffling being at least possible.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #735
Forum Moderator

Sorry, I misinterpreted what "come the election" implied.

I haven't seen anything about Hillary saying she'd resign?

Old 01-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #736
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

She said she wasn't interested in staying on into an Obama 2nd term about a year ago - Clinton says no second term as secretary of state | Reuters
Old 01-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #737
Forum Moderator

Mmmmkay, well that's totally embarrassing that I didn't know that. Must've been traveling or something at the time...I knew there'd been a few columnists who wistfully speculated about a Hillary-Biden switch (and were roundly ridiculed for it); doesn't sound like that's quite what you've got in mind though.

There have been rumors that Biden had long coveted the SoS position, yes. It'd still be a very unusual thing to do though, and as such would risk making the Administration look weak(er).

Old 01-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #738
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I think they've got nothing to worry about unless Romney is the nominee.

In that case, I think the removal of Geithner and/or Holder becomes much more likely than a Biden/Clinton swap.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #739
Blue Crack Addict

By Bryan Bender, Boston Globe Staff

WASHINGTON -- In hockey it might be termed a save. In politics, it is more like trying to save face.

When Boston Bruins goaltender Tim Thomas skipped a White House ceremony today to honor his championship team, it was seen as an affront to President Obama, whose politics Thomas has made quite clear are not his own.

The criticism he swiftly received for what many in the sports and political worlds saw as petty publicity-seeking seemingly scored.

When Thomas, the Stanley Cup MVP, finally weighed in himself tonight, the avowed conservative and right-wing talk radio enthusiast said he was seeking to make a statement about his unhappiness with official Washington as a whole, not snub the president in particular.

“I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People,” Thomas, only one of two Americans on the Stanley Cup team, said. “This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government. Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.”
Old 01-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #740
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
It'd still be a very unusual thing to do though, and as such would risk making the Administration look weak(er).
Yeah, I wasn't thinking about 'the swap' and I know it's unusual, but was thinking that the opportunity to do it in a smooth 'positive' way was there perhaps more than ever before. Hillary said she wasn't up for a 2nd term aaaages ago, so it's not reflex, she is (almost - apart from the nuts) universally believed to have done a great job, so not pushed, and has also said she's got no higher political ambitions, so it's not about that, either her angling for 2016 or Dems positioning. Biden has long wanted that role, he's not the junior partner in the Pres-VP relationship but is surely right at the end of his career, he's a foreign policy guy, it would look like reward and everyone knows that in reality it's a better role than VP. It would or could all look very clean and neat and genuine, leaving Obama with a very interesting vacancy to fill, and probably a few very interesting ways he could fill it. Still - I'm sure it's not going to happen.