It's Officially About Your Proclivities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
okay out with it. what are your oddball habits, personal requests, obsessive compulsive weirdo impulses?

for me:
-I must check everynight before i go to bed, that the oven and stove are both off.
-each time i leave the house, i ask my boyfriend no less than 5 times if i closed the garage door
-i pick through each meal i eat for things that i might not like (unless my boyfriend has made it)
-I rub down my cats everyday to check for tumors or weight loss
-I ask my boyfriend once in bed if the stove or oven is off
-When he and I are on walks, I ask him no less than 5 times if he locked the front door to the house.
-If I go somewhere with someone I haven't known very long, I will not go if I would not know how to get home from where we've gone.
-I weigh myself no less than 5 times a day
-I count calories and fat grams

I have more, but I'm tired. :lol:

When I'm sick and one of my nostrils is stuffed up, I stick a tissue up the one that's stuffed. It makes breathing and sleeping a lot easier.

I'm compulsive about lip balm. If it's not on my lips 23 out of 24 hours, I go :coocoo:

I wash my hands obsessively, and am also always checking the locks, esp. when I'm home alone.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
When I'm sick and one of my nostrils is stuffed up, I stick a tissue up the one that's stuffed. It makes breathing and sleeping a lot easier.

OMG! I do that too!!! :lol: One time tho, I woke up (when having had a tissue up my nose all night) and my entire throat was dry from inhaling tissue essence all night!!! :lol: :mad:

-I am an obsessive hand washer.
-I trace the out line of objects, and count things, and it always has to be in even numbers.
-I am also a freak with lip lubricant. :tongue: lol, I like that word. If it's not lipstick on me lips it's lip balm of some kind. I can not go to bed without it.
-Must, must, must brush my teeth and wash my face before bed. (Believe it or not, some people don't). :crack:
-I chew the inside of my cheek constantly... it's gross, but I can't stop. I am way too stressed out most of the time.
-I must always have a bottle of water with me. (Always, always thirsty).
-and!! last but not least, I can not take the bus, or walk a fair distance without my discman and at least two CD's.

:|

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I'm compulsive about lip balm. If it's not on my lips 23 out of 24 hours, I go :coocoo:
:laugh: same here!

hehe this is funny bc i do the same thing with the tissue paper when im sick and i always have a bottle of water with me.

Other things

I hate being late, if im very really late to class i ditch it:)lol:)Also when im late to class or work or whatever i cant sit still and i get really nervous.

I dislike not knowing where im going when im with a family member or friend! And if they dont tell me where we are going i dont go

I double check all the locks on the doors befro i go to bed at nite

and there are more but i cant remember them!!

-I chew gum constantly. I mean, every morning, after coffee, and then a million times after that. It gets worse the more I'm stressed. And I chew multiple peices at once. This weekend, I had 21 pieces, total. like, 3 packs. It's sad, really.

-I'm too lazy at night to move all my stuff off my bed, so I'll twist myself around so that I'm not laying on any papers, and sleep like that. Weird how I'm not too lazy to wash my face and brush my teeth, tho (I have to. I feel gross if I don't).

-Like Angel, I cannot leave knowing I'm going to be walking somewhere without my Discman and CDs....multiple cds...

-I'm a compulsive radio station/TV station flipper. Even if my favourite show/song comes on I'll change the channel/station to see if there's anything better...

-When I get really angry I curl up my tongue and bite it. It's hard to explain.

-I crave lip balm. I have one in my purse, one on my desk, one in my car...

-I dance around my house constantly.

Last edited:
Yeah, hi, huge freak here...

I have more: :crack:

-I also can't stand being late. When I was in University, if I was more than 10 minutes late, I just wouldn't go. :huh:
-I always need to know what direction I am going. ie. I always need to be aware of where North, South, West and East are.

:wave: :dance:

sometimes, late at night, when i'm left all alone ...i make threads ....and POST ENDLESSLY in them ....to MYSELF....

:hyper:

When I'm driving by myself, I'll rant to myself about other drivers when they're driving weird. Not actually yell at them, just yell to myself about them. It's good stress relief. No turn signals, keep on speeding up and slowing down, tailgating (me or other drivers), cutting off drivers, screeching the tires when the light turns green - all of these are good enough reasons for me to hold a lecture with myself on how dumb other drivers can be. :D

Diemen said:
When I'm driving by myself, I'll rant to myself about other drivers when they're driving weird.
lol, me too!

i also sing stuff on the classic rock station opera style if i'm in a really goofy mood. only when i'm by myself though. :uhoh:

I'm a spastic freak

-I check my alarm to make sure it is set every night at least 2 times.

-I can't be late for anything...I always show up at least a half hour early...being late is my worse fear

-I have to have a blanket covering me when I sleep. Even when it's 90 degrees I still have to have my bankie.

-I do the grumbling at other drivers too. Usually I'll say something sarcastic like "Good use of turn signals, thanks alot keep up the good work."

-I am always picking at my nails, I used to bite them, but I stopped a bunch of years ago.

I check to make sure my wallett is still in my back pocket EVERY minute

I talk to my dog when we're alone about life and school and what I hope works out in life
he hasn't talked back to me yet, but he's a comfort

One of my favorite things to do is put on some music, lie down on my bed and daydream

daisybean said:
-I check my alarm to make sure it is set every night at least 2 times.

-I can't be late for anything...I always show up at least a half hour early...being late is my worse fear

OMG!! This is soooooo me!!!!! :lmao:

When I had office jobs (I work at home now), I was so paranoid that I didn't set the alarm and that thus I'd be late, I would literally lay awake all night in the severe case my alarm *didn't* go off! i've never forgotten to set the damn thing, either. :mad:

I also CANNOT be late. To anything. Any job I've ever had, I would show up 45mins-1hr early. When I was in college, I got to school 2-3 hrs early (TO PARK!! :mad: ) to allow time in the severe case that I couldn't park in an allotted parking lot and that I might have had to walk a longer distance than up hill. I think all of this stems from my mom being late to EVERYTHING.

I must, at all times, know what time it is. If I am not wearing my watch, I will ask you (without fail) every 5-7 minutes.

I cannot sleep in a room without a night light or some form of light to prevent me from sleeping in utter darkness.

I don't know how to explain this, but when walking on a sidewalk/street/road (whatever) with lines, I try to avoid stepping on the lines. If one foot does, the other one HAS to do the same thing. :shifty: :coocoo:

everything in my apartment has to be lined up in the obsessive compulsive way i like or i implode. i immediately have to line up or fix the thing that is out of place.

i bite my nails.

i crack my neck.

i check my alarm clock and door locks about a million times a night.

i can't stand when drawers or doors are halfway open. it makes me insane. i even used to fix them at work in other people's offices.

i put on lip balm about thirty times a day and i always have it with me.

i always have my discman with me too if i'm going anywhere. even if i know i'll only get through one song.

i want to kill people who don't use coasters. my friend brought his girlfriend over last week and she didn't use a coaster for her beer and i actually had to restrain myself from acting like a psycho and fixing it.

i twirl the left side of my hair and now that side is straighter than my right side.

i probably have a million more.

i am a freak.

Add me to the lip balm support group :D

The only bad habits I can think of are popping my zits (I know, ewww) and I can't resist pulling on my skin if its coming off, ie when it starts to peel after a sunburn or pulling on a hangnail.

:huh:

A few more strange things

I can't sit on my shirt..I lift up the back of my shirt everytime I go to sit so that way I won't sit on it.

I put on tons of hand lotion....like every two hours.

I can't leave food on my plate to be thrown away...even if I'm full I'll eat it all, because I feel guilty that I'm throwing away food and there are people starving in the world.

All my clocks have to be exact....like my VCR clock and Microwave clock have to be in sinc with each other. The only difference is my alarm clock which is set fifteen minutes ahead (due to the whole fear of being late thing).

I organize my CDs and books alphabetically by artist/writer and year. I would go nuts to see Pop sitting to the left of JT.

For my emails I have separate folders for different people that send me mail. I have a folder for each of my relatives, friends, etc...

I sort my empty soda cans by brand before I turn them in. Actually this is to help the people at the redemption center, because they would have to sort it anyway.

daisybean said:
[B
-I have to have a blanket covering me when I sleep. Even when it's 90 degrees I still have to have my bankie.

For my emails I have separate folders for different people that send me mail. I have a folder for each of my relatives, friends, etc...
[/B]

I want a daisybean email folder; however, since I haven't paid my $12.00 yet, I can't see your profile to email you. :( likeo2@interference.com

I do the same thing with the blanket...regardless of the temperature, it must be up to my neck.

I'm one of the complusive hand washers too, which then means I'm complusive about lotion.

I MUST check on/kiss both of my kids before I go to sleep. If I'm in bed, almost asleep, totally comfortable, and realize I haven't checked on them, I MUST get up and do that.

I have to hold a pen or pencil when I'm lecturing in class. I don't use it, my lectures are all on Power Point, but I still have to hold one.

If I don't know one of my student's names (I have over 100 students each semester) I call them "sweetie."

If I'm not playing a CD, I constantly change radio stations looking for a "better" song, this drives my husband nuts.

Re: A few more strange things

daisybean said:
I organize my CDs and books alphabetically by artist/writer and year. I would go nuts to see Pop sitting to the left of JT.

:wave: yeah, hi! pleased to meet you. I thought I was the only truly neurotic one. :wink: :hyper: :crack:

:crazy:

well duh! you have to have them alphabetized and in chronological order. if not, how else would you know how to find a cd?

*locks you all up in some compulsive disorder therapy room*

I would just like to say that I :heart: you all! This thread is so funny!

Not to get tooooo deep here for too long - but isn't it awesome when you can see that you are *just* like somebody else in ways you never thought possible?

I also have to have the comforter pulled up to at least my shoulders when I go to sleep. It just doesn't feel right without the the comforter up all the way! If it's really unbearably hot I'll turn a fan on. :D And if that doesn't work then maybe I'll pull the comforter down below my shoulders. Maybe.

Diemen said:
I also have to have the comforter pulled up to at least my shoulders when I go to sleep. It just doesn't feel right without the the comforter up all the way! If it's really unbearably hot I'll turn a fan on. :D And if that doesn't work then maybe I'll pull the comforter down below my shoulders. Maybe.

:up: Exactly!! A sheet isn't enough, it must be heavier like a comforter or blanket! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom