SOE - Part 8 - iHeart Beach CLips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I love the melody of this new song! Whatever it ends up being, it's still a catchy appealing tune, something U2 needs if they still crave relevance.

Amen! It's the first song in a while that I didn't like after first listen but dang after a couple of listens it's catchy as hell! Even the crowed was singing along to it midway! Looking forward to the studio version, one off or not!

The song sort of reminds me of modern music and something that isn't a usual U2 sound but like a remix that someone else made. :hmm:

But I do like the really cool feeling that happens to be catchy.
I really hope that this gets really successful like ATYCLB.

Is THE BEST THING, the only beach clip and now it appears to be full song I've found released or are there other songs out there?

I just saw the news on @U2 and implied other beach clips out there, but maybe they meant of just TBT.

Sounds great to me, weird middle that sounds like a different song, but I already want it to open my next show.

TBT is not a U2 song and will not be on SOE... My prediction

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Things are getting hot and heavy, can't wait to see what happens next and hopefully a big surprise tomorrow night. Fun times and this song is going to be a huge hit since it's the type of groove that just gets stuck in your head. :)

Still very into the "you move me to the Edge" bit with the big choppy boy-era bass sound. If this is a remix, hope we still get some of that on the official.

I really hope this is the lead single. It's so catchy. But the biggest thing that stands out for me is that the verses have some life!
Something that has plagued post-2000 U2 is their lack of interesting verses. They're usually bland and boring. Prime examples: Cedarwood, Magnificent, The Miracle, Boots, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no way in hell that U2 would kick off a new album campaign with a DJ playing a remix of a collaboration tune somewhere in Norway

...lol..

I really hope this is the lead single. It's so catchy. But the biggest thing that stands out for me is that the verses have some life!
Something that has plagued post-2000 U2 is their lack of interesting verses. They're usually bland and boring. Prime examples: Cedarwood, Magnificent, The Miracle, Boots, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:up::up:

Lets point some post 2000 songs with nice, strong verses :D :

Stuck in Moment
In a Little While
AMAAW
California?

When Bono's voice echoes through the audience the first time the chorus plays is amazing; the way "meee" from "you're the best thing about me" is loud and clear and the way and it resonates in the ambient gives me goosebumps.
The second time the chorus play people are already singing along...

I think 'Beautiful Day' was premiered as a remix by Paul Oakenfold??

If Adam and Larry have a funky groove on this song, U2 will have a hit. That chorus is catchy as hell.

Imagine being a huge U2 fan standing in some kind chemically induced State at this event.

You know nothing of the beach clip

This comes on. How do you process it?

Especially if sold as collab between u2 and kygo

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's not being called a 'remix of u2's new single' or something.

... Though that may be because u2 themselves haven't announced A first single to an album yet.

Odds of this being played tonight at the closing ceremonies'?

I've only got limited functionality on my laptop, but if someone could send me links to the few versions we have, I might be able to matrix and clean up a bit and upload to Clyp

Who says the won't play stadiums? We've actually heard stadium rumors for South America. U2 have the best people in the business working for them. They can modify that stage to work in stadiums, no problem. I don't know how, I'm not a design engineer, but they can do it.

We've heard Willie Williams himself say the stage won't change....

Odds of this being played tonight at the closing ceremonies'?

I want to say 4:1 because I think he is just going to be there for one song.

Having said that, U2 has such a global footprint I can see them going for the Home Run and playing it. Then directing viewers to download it.

Maybe 3:1

As for the DNA of the song

I hear a Zoo Station intro that quickly morphs into a Get Lucky- EBTTRT hybrid, followed by a universal Beautiful Day resonance.

I can't wait to hear the guitar solo that was probably cut for a dance remix.

Heh, really ? U2 releases the lead single as a remix, a collaboration with another artist, and he plays it first ?

No. Stand alone song. BTW, not impressed. Catchy, sure, but nothing they haven't done (and far better) in the 90's. Also, bring back Edge.

Could SOE have a second disc with straight up remixes from other artists? The polar opposite of the acoustic versions on the second part of SOI? It would explain why they were hanging out with Skrillex.

When did they hang with Skrillex
I missed that story.... do pictures exist?

Heh, really ? U2 releases the lead single as a remix, a collaboration with another artist, and he plays it first ?

No. Stand alone song.
Thank you, exactly my thoughts. To answer headache's question why I think this was officially allowed: U2 is bigger. If he goes out and plays a new song / remix without permission this is the last big act he gets to collborate. I don't expect him to be so stupid.
Again, the only way I can see this being the lead single (even a different mix) is if it's released very soon. I'll watch the closing ceremony, that's for sure.

Oh, by the way, am I the only one to think that this sounds like the remix we've heard on facebook? I mean the middle part with lyrics sounding backwards? I can't remember where that video was to compare.

Oh, by the way, am I the only one to think that this sounds like the remix we've heard on facebook? I mean the middle part with lyrics sounding backwards? I can't remember where that video was to compare.

Yeah it was on a FB page called U2 By U2 or something... there was studio footage and a mock-up SOE album cover at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom