SOE 21 - It comes down to this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they do this with Invisible? The money went towards RED didn't it? Maybe I'm not remembering that correctly.

Good question about Interscope's involvement. Maybe half the money goes towards RED? It just feels like a good way to get back into good graces with the non-diehards.

I'm pretty sure Bank of America put up the money for the Invisible promotion.

IIRC, they Donated $1 to RED for every download.

Some people on here
Are not on board with haiku.
Body language.

Hot Press article will mainly be a Croke Park preview.. dont expect juicy tidbits

I was excited to check back here following the U2 Songs info that came out the other day and instead of getting new into, I just read through 2 pages of posts that I think were part of some kind of joke.

I'm aware of the Leo, fat Bono, calling churches and Larry on board jokes but I'm lost now.

[delete double post
it serves no one or purpose
like song for someone]

Last edited:
Beats1 are now pushing this interview on Twitter as "the Joshua tree interview", which makes sense, but we'd all been hoping the filming was something to do with soe which it isn't. I sure zane will ask about the new album though.

They're still in the middle of the tour., and have to finish up Europe, return to the U.S., and go to Central/South America.

Why would this (or the Hot Press) article be about SOE this early?

I think that's kind of the point though of how this whole thing could roll out more successfully than SOI. (Not that it could be done any worse)

They do a mainly JT focused interview, but then get into a bit on the new album, drop a couple track names, give a little description of a song or two. This is the type of thing they should be doing to create some anticipation and interest IMO.

I think that's kind of the point though of how this whole thing could roll out more successfully than SOI. (Not that it could be done any worse)

They do a mainly JT focused interview, but then get into a bit on the new album, drop a couple track names, give a little description of a song or two. This is the type of thing they should be doing to create some anticipation and interest IMO.

Prepare for the scripted answers

Bono -- "The record will be done when Edge says it is. Edge, is it done?"
Edge -- "Almost"

end of SOE interview

I never understood why they are so tight lipped on their own music. I could understand if they came out and made statements like "This might be the greatest U2 track we have ever written" which would then get a lot of attention and hype

But to talk about a certain song being a "wonderful melodic ballad, with a killer baseline from Adam".....

Suppose as much as they tinker though, when the song is released there's a chance it's just a piano track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom