Songs of Experience - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know, or at least have had reports of those DJ's hearing at least four completed songs, plus another that may be used for a movie.

Talk of them with a touring studio while on the road to keep the work/progress going.

And now all of them back in the studio. They may be really close to being finished, or after having nearly two years since SOI to sit on these new songs.....they could be starting from scratch....

Any sort of news from the band about the album will be very telling. If it's lost in the music / god walking in, we're doomed for this year.

Anything else and I think we got a shot.

If the tour continues in fall, they need to sell tickets and have to announce Tour/Presale.

If that is the case, a reasonable timeframe for presale start could be summer.

If this really happens we will get SOE this year. Can't imagine them touring SOI only.

I love how we all meltdown after hearing a fuzzy 20 second clip of a new song :) love it. Gonna miss this when its all over,so soak it in ladies and gentlemen. This is part of what being a u2 fan is all about.

they swore they'd never book a tour prior to finishing an album again, right?

so either...
A. all the rumours of a fall/winter tour are just rumours or preliminary talk
B. they're close enough to being complete to recognize that the remaining work will not take 6+ months
C. they're ready to release SOE, and now recording additional material
D. they're ok with touring ie again, without an album, and will make up something about touring to "road test" new songs (of which we'll hear, like, 2)

think it's B.
hope it's C.
scared of D.

Yes, they did. With that in mind, let's look at this :

D. I don't think they're touring without SOE. They've been pretty clear on wanting to play new material when the tour resumes and treating this as a two-album tour.
A. So you think no dates this year ?
B. or C. sound more likely.

who knows what the real truth is...

The main thing to take away from these video clips, news articles, random Bono photos etc is that they are working on new material. it will get here at some point, but IT IS happening.

If you were to tell me when i was a wee lad watching U2 @ Red Rocks on a VHS tape in the mid 1980s that they would still be together and coming out with a new album in 2016, i'd be thrilled...and wouldn't believe you.:hyper::love:

D. they're ok with touring ie again, without an album, and will make up something about touring to "road test" new songs (of which we'll hear, like, 2)

The (un)confirmed rumour from November was that a Euro leg was tentatively booked for 2016 and then cancelled so that SOE could be finished. I know U2 can seem to move at a glacier's pace but surely we're beyond D at this point :waiting:

U2 Confirmed to be a part of the iHeart radio awards in April. Receiving an award

Kinda cool to see this. Good for them.

Just saw this:
The evening will include performances from Justin Bieber, Meghan Trainor, Zayn, Chris Brown, DNCE, Fetty Wap, Demi Lovato and more.

So they should fit right in. :wink:

weird for them to show up..

maybe it's a Live Nation thing

I know they crafted a deal with iHeartRadio with Every Breaking Wave, and possibly SFS. I would hear EBW on the iHR top 5 countdown every once in a while for a month or two. They were pushing it. So maybe its all part of a package deal of some sort.

Oh, just saw that the ceremony's on April 3rd. Not that far from now.
I know they crafted a deal with iHeartRadio with Every Breaking Wave, and possibly SFS. I would hear EBW on the iHR top 5 countdown every once in a while for a month or two. They were pushing it. So maybe its all part of a package deal of some sort.
Yep, they are technically "in bed" with iHeartRadio.

Adam appears to be in LA, or somewhere not Ireland

Working hard on that album ;)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

for the whole time i didnt realize that Jacknife is from Ireland. and he's produced wide range of artist, from amazing rock legend (REM, the Cars, U2) to recent pop (Elle King, 1D).

the iHeartRadio Music Awards will feature performances by Justin Bieber, Meghan Trainor, Zayn Malik, Chris Brown, DNCE, Fetty Wap and Demi Lovato.

I would look forward more to seeing U2 at this if I didn't have to endure all that torture to do so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom