Skyhawk???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jinn77

The Fly
Heard about the track at U2 Log, described as high brow rock, always ok in my book, but there is always a downer, it is apparently to be part of the soundtrack to a major summer super-hero movie!!!! U2's music in a Scorcese film or Michael Mann film (in the form of Passengers) is always cool, but this sounds a bit Tomb Raider. Is it just a rumour?

Re: Re: Skyhawk???

dsmith2904 said:

Yes, the Web site SuperHeroHype.com is currently the only source for the U2 song on "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" (or whatever the title is) soundtrack.

Wow! U2 has a song of that title? The title seems to be similar to and inspired perhaps by Bon Jovi's "Captain Crush and the Beauty Queen from Mars".

Cheers,

J

Re: Re: Re: Skyhawk???

jick said:

Wow! U2 has a song of that title? The title seems to be similar to and inspired perhaps by Bon Jovi's "Captain Crush and the Beauty Queen from Mars".

Cheers,

J

Which is a complement since "Captain Crush and the Beauty Queen from Mars" is a blatant reference to the greatest musical artist of all time, David Bowie.

Re: Re: Re: Skyhawk???

jick said:

Cheers,

J

I thought the movie was called Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow and the U2 song was called Skyhawk.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Skyhawk???

david said:

I thought the movie was called Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow and the U2 song was called Skyhawk.

Skyhawk sounds kinda like a name of a comic character or even a Transformers robot. But I did hear that Bono used to pick up a Batman comic or two back in the day. I think it would be cool for U2 to have a song with the title Skyhawk.

Cheers,

J

The Sky Captain movie comes out in mid-June. So the tune would have to be ready to go pretty soon.

If it's so good and high brow, it seems they would want it for the new album.

We'll have to wait and see. I think they might do it just to remind the average lame-o they are still out there...and prepare folks for a new CD.

Back
Top Bottom