NLOTH 30 Second Walmart Clips - DISCUSSION THREAD - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edge- Put It Down/Eno Drums/First part of Edgeback= Magnificent
Toiletbreak= Breathe
Green Tea= Get On Your Boots

There are also some like Larrystuff and the middle riff (the rock-iest one) from edgeback, both of which I think will turn out to be part of Stand Up Comedy, which sound like they are on the album but can't say 100%.

Thank you for this...:up:

has anybody mentioned that the u2.com "larryinstudio" clip is the verse to Crazy Tonight? Listen to the clip, add drums, lead guitar and vocals, and viola!

I really like White as Snow,Magnificent, and Stand Up,the best three off the album IMO.

when I fist heard the clips I skipped through half of them and I was like :huh: But now it seems to be getting to me and I really like their new sound,Bono`s voice sounds like it always has since ATYCLB...

Already posted my impressions on the 30 second clips, but I forgot the ratings:

No Line On The Horizon - 8/10 :love:
Magnificent - 8/10 :hyper:
Moment of Surrender - 9/10 :ohmy:
Unknown Caller - 6/10 :hmm:
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - 7/10 :up:
Get On Your Boots - 6/10 :sexywink:
Stand Up Comedy - 7/10 :D
Fez-Being Born - 5/10 :huh:
White As Snow - 7/10 :hmm:
Breathe - 9/10 :love:
Cedars of Lebanon - 3/10 :reject:

Well, don't come bashing me about these rates. I couldn't be more excited about this album and Boots is in my U2 top 10, but I hate these things (Beach clips, snippets, etc.) so it's hard for me to give good rates with only 30 seconds:

NLOTH - 9/10
Magnificent - 8/10
MoS - 7/10
UC - 4/10
IGCIIDGCT - 5/10
Boots - 10/10
SUC - 2/10
F-BB - 8/10
WaS - 5/10
Breathe - 6/10
CoL - 5/10

The clips tell you nothing. Let me hear the songs...let me hear the songs

I think the album's running time is 53:33

I could be wrong, I'm hardly a mathematics aficionado. First two tracks definitely stand above the rest for me thus far. A lot of the songs come across as sombre... More Joshua Tree than Achtung? A mixture of U2 eras? (Magnificent sounds early 80s to me :drool:)

has anybody mentioned that the u2.com "larryinstudio" clip is the verse to Crazy Tonight? Listen to the clip, add drums, lead guitar and vocals, and viola!

That's my favorite clip of the build-up (larryinstudio), and I've been feeling around for opinions on what happened to it. Crazy Tonight does seem closest, but I'm still not sure...glad to hear somebody else reference it, though!

Im not rating them till I hear the full album and even then I think Ill take about 30 listens first before rating...but so far it sounds very promising :)

I think that the album is going to be more mellow or atmospherica like ATYCLB, but way better. From compairing album covers of the previous albums the cover gives away a lot.
Achtung Cover fits its music (new sound = interesting cover)
Zooropa cover definitely fits its music (experimental music = weird cover)
Pop cover fits its music (experimental music but not as evident as Zooropa)
ATYCLB - A black and white cover.... Mellow music (Back to basics)
BOMB - Tried to be more cutting edge (Red/black)
NLOTH - Back to black and white ---- Same feel as ATYCLB (atmospheric)

I think AB, is, too. But R&H has 17 track, and Pop and AB each have 12. This is by far their longest album per-track.

hmmm... that's true AB is longer too. But maybe Zooropa is the longest album per-track with 51:17 min and 10 tracks... and Pop has 60:10 min with 12 tracks... so I think it may be longer per-track too.
I don't know... I won't do the math right now. :wink:

Also, Original Sountracks 1 is 58 minutes, but has 14 tracks.

Whatever the case, 53 minutes is impressive for 11 tracks.

hey everyone...guess what?

IT'S NOT A HILLLLL IT'S A MOOOOOOOUNTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can't stop singing it!

For the most part, every track seems like it could be really great....the only one's I'm not sure about are Cedars and White as Snow...we'll see :)

but Crazy Tonight!! c'mon, it's sexy shit. :yes:

IT'S NOT A HILLLLL IT'S A MOOOOOOOUNTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That songs def gonna be one of the best on the album

From the clips, Stand Up Comedy and White as Snow are the weakest songs.

But its hard to tell from 30 seconds. The first 30 seconds of "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" show nothing and the song builds at the end....

People were worried about Bomb part 2, instead we're getting ATYCLB Part 2, the part 2 being sounds from Fez.

I haven't seen one positive response from you since last night. Do what you want but why bother really if the only thing you can do is complain. Maybe it's therapy for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom