NLOTH 30 Second Walmart Clips - DISCUSSION THREAD - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That comment wasnt meant to be negative.

Songs that I think I will like:

Magnificent
Unknown Caller
Crazy Tonight.....hmm thats about it.

I do like Boots.

I guess that is negative.

From the clips, Stand Up Comedy and White as Snow are the weakest songs.

But its hard to tell from 30 seconds. The first 30 seconds of "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" show nothing and the song builds at the end....

'tis a good point.

The tracks that really gave me chills on first listen: Magnificent, MOS (I immediately thought of a Gavin Friday / Maurice Seezer vibe from The Boxer soundtrack), FEZ-Being Born.

I like what I'm hearing- as primarily a fan of their 90s work, I am impressed that they have redicovered technology- the production is far more nuanced than on HTDAAB, the melodies and tempos are more varied, Bono's voice sounds good on the limited evidence we have ,and there is a darkness there that we haven't heard since Pop. I do think U2 are at their best when they're troubled, and that word defines one song on the album in particular- Cedars of Lebanon.

What are people's thoughts about Boots now? I actually think it can be one of the stronger tracks :shrug:

The more I hear the Crazy Tonight clip, the more I think it has the potential to be in the top 3 on the album easily.

Im still not liking what im hearing in Breathe, it sounds like they treated it way too much compared to the Beach clip.

What are people's thoughts about Boots now? I actually think it can be one of the stronger tracks :shrug:

The more I hear the Crazy Tonight clip, the more I think it has the potential to be in the top 3 on the album easily.

Im still not liking what im hearing in Breathe, it sounds like they treated it way too much compared to the Beach clip.

Crazy Tonight will the the Wild Horses of NLOTH

I think I'm the only one who doesn't like Magnificent so far. If Bono singing "Magnificent" over and over is the chorus I don't think I'll like it much.

I think I'm the only one who doesn't like Magnificent so far. If Bono singing "Magnificent" over and over is the chorus I don't think I'll like it much.

Thats only part of it, this clip I believe is part of the intro. The chorus is something like "only love, only love can, leave such a scar".

I'll have to agree with you on that one. The beach clip sounded way more exciting. But let's wait for the whole song.

Is it just me or does NLOTH have Bono sound really Rod Stewart-ish? Not that that's a bad thing.

Do you mean...old? :hmm: Hahaha...I see what youre saying. His voice is definitely "different" on these clips, higher pitch though sometimes rugged. I miss the deep Bono, that was my favorite. But i have to accept that he isnt 27 anymore.

crazy tonight will be the trying to throw your arms of NLOTH.

I'm not sure what you guys are getting at because.. both Wild Horses and Tryin to Throw are brilliant songs, in my opinion. As good as anything else on that amazing album!

Do you mean...old? :hmm: Hahaha...I see what youre saying. His voice is definitely "different" on these clips, higher pitch though sometimes rugged. I miss the deep Bono, that was my favorite. But i have to accept that he isnt 27 anymore.

He does sound like the Bono from Boy/War in Magnificent though.

you aren't alone but I will of course wait for the whole thing....

I'm not sure what you guys are getting at because.. both Wild Horses and Tryin to Throw are brilliant songs, in my opinion. As good as anything else on that amazing album!

What I am saying is that it will be a good song but not one of the major songs on the album.
I really like Wild Horses too, but i'd rank these songs before it:
- One
- Until the end of the world
- The Fly
- Mysterious Ways

I was replying to someone who said that Crazy tonight will be the best song on the album......

Having little 22 seconds Fez-Being reborn clip on repeat. Part one sound like Passengers and two like Zooropa. Awesome shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom