GRAMMYS-POST ALL COMMENTS, ETC. HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a theory...

Album of the Year didn't come last this year. My recollection is that it always comes last.

Why not now?

Because the organizers knew it would cause some level of uproar and thought if they closed the show with a more acceptable/expected win for Keys in Record of the Year it wouldn't leave quite the bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Or maybe because they know U2 will be vindicated in the Record category and finish the show with a win there.

Okay, I'm reaching. LOL

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
And I'm going to cry...who's going to hold my hand?
frown.gif

I will be honored. Besides, i'll need some comfort myself. This is ridiculous!

At least Alicia Keys has talent, but O Brother Where Art thou???????? Not even Dylan! That hurts!

------------------
Peace on Earth.

First did you all hear this crap about the music being down loaded? They are full of crap I want to now down load as much as I can. The artist make more money then they can spend and so tdo the record co. Greedy BASTARDS.

The host said something like isn't that greate that they won that award. Trying to smooth it over. They didn't get much support from the crowd thats for sure. I can't rewind my tape until it is over.

I realize that ATYCLB is still a 6x Grammy winning album, with Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Rock Album of the Year, Rock Song of the Year (twice) and Pop Song of the Year. But this makes me all the more upset that it didn't win Album of the Year.

Oh well... I guess sales for "O Brother..." will skyrocket while ATYCLB fades away...

What really bothers me now is that Walk On is going to be the only song that's going to be left without a Grammy and I happen to think it the best of all the others that have won.

Bottom Line is this.

I have lost all respect for the grammys. 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' is the album of the year. If it lost to a viable artist who created a masterpiece, I wouldn't be that upset, but 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou?' I mean....ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I mean, GRAMMYS, YOU HAVE TO GET THIS ONE RIGHT! YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SYSTEM OF VOTING THAT AWARDS THE ALBUM OF THE YEAR BY EVERYONES STANDARDS THE AWARD. There is simply NO excuse for this.

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

I'm not a fan of Alicia Keys, but I think she is talented. She impressed me on the Tribute To Heroes with just a piano & voice. I don't think I would buy her record though...

I will be plesantly surprised if WO wins ROTY, but the way things are going, it will probably be that schlock by Train.

Those Heineken commercials are freeking hilarious!

The Birth of Scratching. LMFAO!

------------------
Me3

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1021:
I will be plesantly surprised if WO wins ROTY, but the way things are going, it will probably be that schlock by Train.

It's going to be Fallin, and she's going to get up again and have to walk by U2 again and she's going to look smug again.

Originally posted by mug222:
I was wondering if anyone thought this disappointment to be indicative of a minor backlash brewing? With or without a Grammy victory, it's time, I believe, for U2 to slip temporarily out of the public eye.

Or running away to the southern hemisphere...
wink.gif

Originally posted by MacFly2:
Too add some smiles....

Anybody notice how India.Arie has yet to come stage to accept a win???
And she's been nominated for 7 grammys!!!

And a positive outlook for ATYCLB, its been nominated(including last year) for 11 Grammys. They've won 6 not bad...

Actually, they have been nominated for 10 Grammys but received 11 nominations. they had 2 nominations in one category this year. So really they are 6 for 10 which is even better!

------------------
Peace on Earth.

Originally posted by ramblin rose:
It's going to be Fallin, and she's going to get up again and have to walk by U2 again and she's going to look smug again.

Why on earth would she look smug? This a totally ridiculous comment!

Album of the year has always been last until this year because it is the top award. Yes I think they moved it because of U2 not winning. No I do not think U2 will eill record of the year. To have 4 songs from one album including BD last year nominated and not win album of the year is a F****** JOKE.

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
Why on earth would she look smug? This a totally ridiculous comment!

Because that's how she's looked for the other awards she's gotten. I'm sorry but that's been my perception.

Originally posted by doctorwho:
I still can't get over this! If I were an OutKast or bigger Dylan fan, I'd be just as p*ssed as I am now. "O Brother..." winning??!?!?!??!?!?!?!? PLEASE!

Agreed. Whoever said they were reaching in their comment about Album and Record being switched, I'm going to send good vibes towards that thought ok?
smile.gif

Originally posted by ramblin rose:
Because that's how she's looked for the other awards she's gotten. I'm sorry but that's been my perception.

I'll take your word for it. I'm in England so I'm not watching it. But why would she look smug? Unless it's a bit of that infamous patriotism kicking in!

I realize that ATYCLB is still a 6x Grammy winning album, with Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Rock Album of the Year, Rock Song of the Year (twice) and Pop Song of the Year. But this makes me all the more upset that it didn't win Album of the Year.

Oh well... I guess sales for "O Brother..." will skyrocket while ATYCLB fades away...

I wouldn't put ATYCLB out to pasture just yet. Their performace was great, plus they went up to the podium twice...so far. They definitely will get props for Best Rock Album, but probably not the bump we were expecting...who knows though? If the record company capitalizes on the "Best Rock Album" tag, or "Winner Of 6 Grammies" it may have a resurgance. I know when Zooropa won for Best Alt Album in jumped up the charts...

I still can't get over this! If I were an OutKast or bigger Dylan fan, I'd be just as p*ssed as I am now. "O Brother..." winning??!?!?!??!?!?!?!? PLEASE!

I agree...that soundtrack would be my last choice...

It seemed like an odd nomination...that's why it scared me...I had a feeling it would win a lot because it was an unexpected nomination.

Then again...I thought the same with India.Arie...

Oooh! Craig David is a cutie!
smile.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Oh well... I guess sales for "O Brother..." will skyrocket while ATYCLB fades

away...

This one person who WILL NOT buying O Brother. In fact if someone even gave it to me I would stomp on it and then burn it.
mad.gif

Blah. What was that on stage? I am SO thankful OutKast didn't win album of the year, that WOULD have been a joke.

[This message has been edited by SIK (edited 02-27-2002).]

Well, it sounds like our friend Miss Keys is somewhat sure of herself. I can play the piano too. Maybe I should change my surname to Notes or Pedals!

Back
Top Bottom