The Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoney! said:

That will never happen. :sigh:
No, because along with large following, The Yanks have an even larger legion of haters, but these folks tune in hoping to see Yankee failure, so the Yanks will always be a ratings bonanza.

I think if there were a fix, it wouldn't be for a Subway Series (aside from the fact that Selig prefers Quizno's). The likely highest ratings would come from a Yanks/Dodgers matchup.

You can be sure that Fox and Bud don't want a Twins/Padres duel.

Just heard on espnews that el duque pulled something in his calf and will have an mri. his status is uncertain for tomorrow. so says michael kim with his espnews update at least.

well if the twins cant come back in the bottom of the 9th theyre officially screwed

NEW YORK -- Already missing Pedro Martinez, the New York Mets suddenly might have to replace pitcher Orlando Hernandez in Game 1 of the playoffs because of a calf injury, too.

El Duque felt discomfort in his right calf while he was jogging in the outfield Tuesday as the NL East champions tuned up for their division series against the Los Angeles Dodgers.

The 40-year-old right-hander, who had been scheduled to start New York's postseason opener, was pulled off the field and was headed for an MRI exam.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
you have the tigers not only beating the yankees, but sweeping them.

riiiiight. i shall eat this thread if that happens.

okay I give ny one win, tigers in 4 cause I'll be at that game 20 rows behind the winners dugout

Headache in a Suitcase said:
do you really feel that confident that oakland can wrap things up after one win?

when was the last time they got out of the first round? in the canseco-mcgwire era?

then agian... the same can be said of minnesota :ohmy:

the series will end in a tie.

Neither team has a strong number 2 pitcher. It could go either way.

Morneau and Mauer went 0-for. Turn that around and you have a different series.

Twins last got to the Division series by beating the A's I think.

And the tigers screwed themselves the whole month of August! :)

Wow. FOX just used the 70s Batman music and graphics in today's Yankees-Tigers game. Outstanding.

i do believe tim mccarver said that an offensive coordinator in football is on the field, just like the third base coach...

but aside from getting a chuckle out of mccarver's stupidity, is there really a point to this post-season? just give the yankees the trophy and let's get to the off-season so that the mets can sign barry zito.

i almost dont want the cardinals to make it to the world series for fear of what the yankees lineup would do to that cardinals pitching staff

Yay Cards! :rockon:

I'll be interested to see how far they make it this year...they aren't nearly as good as they have been the previous 2 years.

You're right though Chiz...I'd hate to see the NYY tear the Cards to pieces.

:lol: April.

I was mad because I had to go to a speaker tonight, meaning I had to dress up so I couldn't wear my St. Louis baseball cap. I'm wearing it now though :D (even with my nice clothes still on lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom