The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread (and Party) - PART 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked , and Mr Elizondro almost was goin let it pass

What the F was he thinkin

Zidane went all Mike Tyson!! It should be interesting to see how he answers questions about that incident. That could be one of the stupidest things ever done by a world class athlete during play.

The Italian may have grabbed his chest, but that was calculated and deliberate, he ran around in front of the defender first.

Wow, I can't believe I saw that. I'm glad for the chance the Italians have now in the next 7 minutes, but I never wanted to see Zidane end his career like that. A real shame.

Regardless of what was said by the other player or what led up to that you can't do that as the captain..or any professional for that matter. How did he think it would end by retaliating? I'm shocked..

This kind of thing u expect from anyone , but not from the best French player ever

I'm so disappointed , and here is a brazilian , and despite everything I'm a fan of him

It has to be defined as a stupid, selfish and embarrassing decision on Zidane's part. Not only has he left his last game in shame, but he took away a key penalty kicker for his team and left his team short.

De Rossi's elbow on McBride was equally bad IMO, but I didn't expect if from Zidane.

How can you become 34, be so extremely respected, and do something so extremely stupid?

Penalties!! Things look good for Italy, with much better penalty takers still left in the game, and Buffon is a much better goalie than Barthez, too.

:hyper:

This kind of thing u expect from the De Rossis , Rooneys , Gattusos , but not from a guy like Zizou

Zidane was an embarassment.

This definition shows how mediocre this World Cup was. A horrible final. Boring as hell.

:down: Too bad a great career had to end with a red card.

Still, I hope France wins. They were better in the overtime.

Last edited:
I gotta say that the World Cup does nothing to endear the game of football to the general populace of North America. The main complaint about football I hear is no scoring, penalty shootouts decide eveything and the diving. The skill of the game is superb, the saves by the goalies are nuts and some of the kicks are incredible but in North America all people see are no scoring, penalty shootouts and diving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom