The official get things off your chest thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the rockin edge said:
i thought it would be but google is a powerful resource:wink:

:bow: google :bow:

Just because I'm curious, what did you punch in?

I've run across threads of mine while googling. That's always strange. :ohmy:

And one guy I know found my journal here through google. I was a bit creeped out when he first told me about it. :yikes:

the rockin edge said:

:lol: I'm a Bruce Cockburn freak :reject: no ones ever heard of him on here either:wink:

I have! :hyper:

And I remember hearing "Maybe The Poet" on Miami Vice too! (oddly enough The Church had two songs on Miami Vice -- "Blood Money" and "Under The Milky Way" -- and I don't remember hearing either on there. But I remember "Maybe The Poet." :) )

....but I only have one album Stealing Fire... :reject:

(see, I do listen to other musicians too :yes: )

Last edited:
pub crawler said:
1) Let’s suppose I’m driving my car and want to make a left turn into, say, a residential area and there are no stoplights or signs – though there is a left turn lane. Let’s further suppose that there are 2 lanes of traffic opposing me. I’m in the left turn lane waiting for opposing traffic to clear so that I can make my turn and you are in the opposing lane nearest to me (“lane 1”). You see me wanting to turn and since traffic in your lane is moving relatively slow, you decide that you’ll be “polite” and stop, yielding to me.

The other lane that opposes me and is to your right (“lane 2”) is not moving slow at all. In fact, cars are flying by in that lane. Please do not be perplexed or annoyed or insulted if I disregard your intended kindness and I don’t make a move. I’m not turning in front of you and the other opposing lane because – due to the fact that you have stopped your car and other cars are piling up behind you – you have created a blind spot and I cannot see around your auto; hence, I cannot tell whether or not I would be broad-sided if I ventured past you into lane 2. :happy:

It being the case that I do not want to see my car totaled and, surprisingly, I do not wish to end up in the hospital with, oh, let’s say a punctured lung and broken ribs and maybe worse, I am not moving my auto until you pass by me (or traffic in both lanes opposing me comes to a complete standstill). If you give me a dirty look, it will be clear to me that you were looking for a “thank you” from me so that you could feel validated. Dumbf**k. :wave:

:up: :bow: Amen. I sometimes have to drive a van at work and it's not the fastest ship in the fleet, so I like to have plenty of space when making a left. I hate it when people in lane 1 stop to let you in, not realizing that lane 2 isn't stopping. I also know someone who got in an accident because they trusted lane 1 people :no:.

zoney! said:
Can I call you "The Church Lady"?

I mean, wouldn't that be special?

:D

On one of the Church boards one person's nick is The Church Lady, so I always figure it was already taken. ...of course she doesn't post here... :hmm:

Actually I do rather like "Church freak" -- I figure my dad was a church freak (different kind of church though), so I might as well be one too. :wink:

I was seriously considering suggesting allowing people to pay extra for "special" titles here, but figured that could be a logistical nightmare.

zoney! said:

I prefer "the church lady" - I don't think "freak" when I think "indra" - but I do think "The Church Lady"

At least the Church Lady is funny. :shrug:

...and it's better than some names I've been called. :yes:

I absolutely hate when people are practically on top of you to get on the bus or the train. You're going to get on for crying out loud. I seriously would like to hit these pushy bastards.

I hate that I just heard another respectable artist sell out. Just heard a commercial for Kaiser Permanente. The song: Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A Changin'

Damn, add other one to the list... :no:

Oh, and I hate the people at amusement parks who move as slow as molasses and stand around not knowing where they are going blocking others from getting from point A to point B. Like yesterday at Disneyland :madspit:

Lila64 said:
I hate that I just heard another respectable artist sell out. Just heard a commercial for Kaiser Permanente. The song: Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A Changin'

Damn, add other one to the list... :no:

Oh, and I hate the people at amusement parks who move as slow as molasses and stand around not knowing where they are going blocking others from getting from point A to point B. Like yesterday at Disneyland :madspit:

Lila :hug: I take it your trip here wasn't relaxing

redkat said:

Lila :hug: I take it your trip here wasn't relaxing

It was the happiest f:censored:g place on earth, LOL. No, we had a great time. Just when it's hot & it's crowded and you know where you want to go and people get in the way (strollers, electric carts,...). And I'm sore and I have a blister on my little toe (next to pinkie!) I'm obviously not in shape. I'm thin, but that's metabolism, always been thin - not from working out. Were you nearby redkat? I saw Jessica items at Disneyland and thought of you, LOL.

Lila I'm nearby but I wasn't at Disneyland from toontown I think you can see the hills we live in lol!

I totally forgot they have Jessica stuff there

I know you're frustration when you know the park like the back of your hand it's annoying to be behind people that don't know where they are going.
plus when it's hot :grumpy:

I'm glad you had a good time anyways!

i hate when you have someone on your ignore list but can still see their posts if you are browsing without being logged in.

I hate Bank of America. Their online banking system sucks and they have an ass backwards credit card policy. Last month I paid my balance in full but received a late fee because if I pay the balance in full, I only have 20 days to pay rather than 25. What the f*ck type of policy is that???? :mad: :madspit: :censored: :scream:

that's sounds ridiculous. Call back and complain some more :rant: I always pay my bills in full, and have never heard of a policy such as that. They should be thankful for people paying their bills AND in full! :scratch:

I hate when people cut you off on the road , while talking on their cellphone... when you shoot them a look... they get all

"WHAT ARE YOU LOOKIN' AT!?!?"

*or is it just me?*

I was at Disneyland on Tuesday, and had a good laugh. I was on Autopia (the cars that you drive thru a track). Anyways, we pull back into the pit, and the lady next to me driving a car was on her cellphone. Unbelieveable!

Back
Top Bottom