The Interference Symphonic Album Mini-Game Sign-up and Rules Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to use a completely different playlist then I originally planned to, this one has a much clearer concept, well more a story or soundtrack, but I'm still pretty proud of it, can't wait for the contest to start.

elevated_u2_fan said:

Magical Mystery Tour was supposed to ba a concept album too and it was pretty depressing... Just not for the right reasons :wink:

:madwife: Don't ever say anything like that again, or I'll disown you!

Title track
I Am The Walrus
Frickin' Strawberry Fields Forever(!)
Frickin' Penny Lane(!)

All You Need Is Love

MMT is a masterpiece. 'Nuff said. :angry:

I just made an awesome compilation that would suit this contest, except it's almost entirely metal of the very atmospheric-but-intense variety and no-one would listen to it. I'm tempted to submit it anyway ... :hmm:

Axver said:
I just made an awesome compilation that would suit this contest, except it's almost entirely metal of the very atmospheric-but-intense variety and no-one would listen to it. I'm tempted to submit it anyway ... :hmm:

DO IT! That's what these mini-competitions are for. :rockon:

LemonMelon said:
DO IT! That's what these mini-competitions are for. :rockon:

Have you ever actually heard any black metal? Because you may just reconsider urging me to compete in light of the fact the tracklist contains three black metal songs. :wink:

Axver said:

Have you ever actually heard any black metal? Because you may just reconsider urging me to compete in light of the fact the tracklist contains three black metal songs. :wink:

God, I hate metal. Any metal. But I would prefer it if this black metal you speak of actually had some subtlety, unlike the boneheaded testosterone-soaked metal you generally hear these days.

My playlist is finally almost ready, it's ridiculously dark/depressing and the only two songs that aren't so dark and depressing turn out to be a kind of fever-induced delusion experienced by my character. Now I just need to come up with a title/cover and a good way of explaining my concept.

I can't wait for this to start. :hyper:

Also, it's pretty sad that it took me my most depressed state in over a month AND crushing my hand with the garage door to come up with this playlist. :wink:

LemonMelon said:
God, I hate metal. Any metal. But I would prefer it if this black metal you speak of actually had some subtlety, unlike the boneheaded testosterone-soaked metal you generally hear these days.

Oh goodness, most metal that achieves popularity is usually terrible (well, this isn't entirely true in some European countries, but definitely is in the US/UK). I've never been much of a fan of the traditional metal varieties, e.g. thrash metal, New Wave Of British Heavy Metal. The current metalcore trend and recent nu-metal fad both piss me off too as I don't consider either to actually be metal and it just tarnished the name of a genre with a lot of highly talented and intelligent musicians. The types I like tend to be more underground and obscure; I lean towards avantgarde and atmospheric varieties of death and doom metal.

Black metal ... is insane. I don't really listen to it all too much, but these songs just work so well.

Lemonchick said:
My playlist is finally almost ready, it's ridiculously dark/depressing and the only two songs that aren't so dark and depressing turn out to be a kind of fever-induced delusion experienced by my character.

This shall be our most fun tournament EVAH! :hyper: :dance:

Crazy idea but how about a round of rivalry matches in the mini-game? For instance...IMP v. LMP, Axver v. GG and so on. It wouldn't affect the group results but it would be fun. The result of your rivalry match would be a tiebreaker in the quarters and beyond. Would anyone be interested in that?

Screwtape2 said:
I hope you're okay, Lemonchick. :hug: No Canadians should be hurt in the making of these playlists. :wink:

Oh I'm fine, can't say the same for my hand though :wink:. It's slowly turning from a greenish-blue to a dark purple. :(

I can't wait to hear what everyone's coming up with, I think I'm more excited for this than I was for DI2 :hyper:.
(I'm sure my excitement will subside when I get knocked out on the first round...again:lol:).

Lemonchick said:

(I'm sure my excitement will subside when I get knocked out on the first round...again:lol:).

You can't really tell who will win in games like this. :shrug: It has nothing to do with darkness or intensity, because, if our lists are any indication, we're all secretly very depressed anyway. :lmao:

Lemonchick said:

Oh I'm fine, can't say the same for my hand though :wink:. It's slowly turning from a greenish-blue to a dark purple. :(

It's giving you leprosy? :ohmy:

I will check you into a colony.

:lol: No, not leprosy. Just very very bad bruising. :|

Why is it so hard to come up with titles? Everything I think of sounds extremely cheesy :slant:.

I'm just gonna pull a Tarantino and completely steal someone else's title.

It's too hard to make my own. :nerd:

Cool, I'll be waitin'. I got yours, too, Screwtape. :up:

The songs are in place, once I finish my concept and artwork, I'll be done.

It's early but since I'm finished with it...here is the schedule with the rivalry matches:

Round 1
Screwtape v. Neutral
LemonMelon v. Irishteen
Axver v. COBL_04
Phillyfan26 v. Lemonchick

LemonMacPhisto v. Lancemc
QueenBee v. Phanan
AtomicBono v. IMP
Corianderstem v. Gibsongirl

Round 2 (Rivalries)
Axver v. Gibsongirl
Corianderstem v. Lancemc
Screwtape v. Phanan
AtomicBono v. LemonMelon

COBL_04 v. Neutral
IMP v. LemonMacPhisto
Irishteen v. Lemonchick
Phillyfan v. QueenBee

Round 3
Irishteen v. Screwtape
Neutral v. LemonMelon
Phillyfan v. Axver
Lemonchick v. COBL_04

QueenBee v. LemonMacPhisto
Lancemc v. Phanan
Gibsongirl v. AtomicBono
Corianderstem v. IMP

Round 4
LemonMelon v. Screwtape
Neutral v. Irishteen
Lemonchick v. Axver
COBL_04 v. Phillyfan

LemonMacPhisto v. Phanan
Lancemc v. QueenBee
Gibsongirl v. IMP
AtomicBono v. Corianderstem

namkcuR said:
I think you forgot to replace AtomicBono with me...she dropped out, remember?

Oops. :)

Round 1
Screwtape v. Neutral
LemonMelon v. Irishteen
Axver v. COBL_04
Phillyfan26 v. Lemonchick

LemonMacPhisto v. Lancemc
QueenBee v. Phanan
NamkcuR v. IMP
Corianderstem v. Gibsongirl

Round 2 (Rivalries)
Axver v. Gibsongirl