The 2005 Tour de France thread / Go Lance Go!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lance and Discovery definitely took it easy today, which is good because no way does this stage change things. They need to gear up for the big mountains, and I think his team will be just fine.

But, it will be challenging. Both T-Mobile and CSC look very good so far, despite Ullrich crashing today. There is no concern over Voigt - he's just keeping the jersey warm. CSC's main man is Basso, and he'll be one to watch. He seems to be cool, calm, and collected in this tour so far, keeping a low profile, but looking to pounce.

Vino is dangerous, but I think you're right Vorsprung - sometimes being too aggressive is not always the best thing. Should be really cool to watch, though.

What a great ride by Rasmussen today. :up:

I'd like to see him win at least one stage...Tour wins lose a bit of their legitimacy when the rider doesn't even win one stage, IMO.

^I think so too, although if Ullrich can be fit for the Tour on time for once, it would make it very interesting. He looked really good during the last week this year.

Actually, with Armstrong gone now, next year's Tour should be quite suspenseful, which will be nice. What Lance has done is extraordinary, but let's face it - you knew it was over when he passed Ullrich in Stage 1. That won't be the case next time as Basso, Ullrich and Valverde will each have a legitimate shot.

Did anyone see the report on ABC News - they've studied Lance's heart and it's actually larger than most human hearts ..I think they said 15 percent larger.

Doesn't surprise me. I bet if you did a check on most of these racers (and especially the climbers) it'd be a similar result.

My prediction for next year; Basso wins. Easily. Ullrich comes in second, again.

Actually they said on Letterman it's 30 percent. Lance also said people claim he doesn't produce lactic acid. He said he likes to think it's just due to hard work.

Back
Top Bottom