Random Music Thread LXXVII: We'll Be Careful, Cobbler Will Be Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brotherhood is my favorite New Order album. I've heard it twice, along with Low-Life and Power, Corruption and Lies and it's the one I want to return to most often. Technique and 1981-1982 I've only heard once, so I need to give those another chance.

1981-1982, you talking about Movement? Easily their worst, though Dreams Never End is good musically. Bernard is singing like Curtis and it doesn't sound very good.

Technique really is fantastic. They got on the disco resurgence long before a lot of other people. Recorded that in Ibiza.

Republic isn't as consistent and doesn't have as much of an identity, but of course it has Regret, one of the all-time greats.

1981-1982, you talking about Movement? Easily their worst, though Dreams Never End is good musically. Bernard is singing like Curtis and it doesn't sound very good.

Technique really is fantastic. They got on the disco resurgence long before a lot of other people. Recorded that in Ibiza.

Republic isn't as consistent and doesn't have as much of an identity, but of course it has Regret, one of the all-time greats.

No, I'm talking about their first EP, which is fantastic:

1981–1982 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've heard mixed things about Movement, so I haven't heard it yet. Maybe I will at some point. I do love the early singles.

Jack in the Box

Jack in the Box

Jack in the Box

Jack in the Box

Jack in the Box

Jack in the Box

Jack in the Box

Jack in the Box

Jack in the Box

Jack in the Box

Jack in the Box

Jack in the Box

Jack in the Box

anything?

McDonalds is slowly turning into Jack in the Box. It's only a matter of time before they start selling tacos and egg rolls.

164367.jpg

So I take it we're not talking about the old poster here named jack in the box. :down:

Hooray! Random Macklemore Talk LXXVII! I have a friend who appears in a Macklemore + Ryan Lewis video.

I think Ryan Lewis (the producer) is the better talent, but it's pretty funny how clearly "Thrift Shop" is a song Macklemore wrote to sell the rest of the album. That song is weirdly popular so it's hard to disagree with including it, I guess.

Also they lean on the piano-y ballads a bit much w/ My Oh My, Wings, and Same Love.

I might be the only person in Seattle not all over this Macklemore + Ryan Lewis business.

I got curious when people started talking about them, and heard they had a #1 download song or something, and then I listened to about 2 minutes of one song and said, "No."

I've heard mixed things about Movement, so I haven't heard it yet. Maybe I will at some point. I do love the early singles.

Movement is my favorite New Order album. But I also much prefer Joy Division to New Order, so the more JD-leanings on Movement might explain my preference for it.

So I take it we're not talking about the old poster here named jack in the box. :down:

The posts here made me think of her too. I still talk to her on last.fm. Stalking her profile there got me into Perfume Genius and God Is An Astronaut. :up:

Last time I was in Chicago I went to the top of the Sears Tower when it was still the highest skyscraper in the world. Cool huh.

If you don't count trying to drive through the city when the entire freeway system was under construction and all I was trying to do was get from Cleveland to Wisconsin, then me, too.

Ahhh Bruce. For some reason, that's like the only big Python sketch I haven't seen.

tsk freakin' tsk, my girl.

I might be the only person in Seattle not all over this Macklemore + Ryan Lewis business.

I got curious when people started talking about them, and heard they had a #1 download song or something, and then I listened to about 2 minutes of one song and said, "No."

The first time I heard it, I thought it was stupid and turned it.

Then I gave it a full listen and it's really cool, actually, some of the sort of call back sounds going on in that song, and honestly, I find the music hilarious.

I know it's a gimmick song, but I really like it.

Hooray! Random Macklemore Talk LXXVII! I have a friend who appears in a Macklemore + Ryan Lewis video.

I think Ryan Lewis (the producer) is the better talent, but it's pretty funny how clearly "Thrift Shop" is a song Macklemore wrote to sell the rest of the album. That song is weirdly popular so it's hard to disagree with including it, I guess.

Also they lean on the piano-y ballads a bit much w/ My Oh My, Wings, and Same Love.

I'm just one of those people who likes that sort of thing, I guess, because I preferred the piano-y ballads, but yes, Rylan Lewis is my favorite part.

fiiiiiixed

I fixed it myself last night, I just didn't comment because I didn't have much to say. Was pretty funny.

I liked it the first time I heard it as well. Cool beat, funny lyrics. Then it got played into the ground, the joke got old really quickly and I came to hate it. And of course it won the Hottest 100.

I liked it the first time I heard it as well. Cool beat, funny lyrics. Then it got played into the ground, the joke got old really quickly and I came to hate it. And of course it won the Hottest 100.

I don't think that's a good enough reason to write off the entire thing. As bad as people writing off fun. entirely because Some Nights blew up. Doesn't stop the last album from being amazing, nor from there being good moments on the new as well.

Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom