Random Music Talk XCIV:Great Distances and Ballistic Weaponry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the absolute dumbest shit in town.

Yeah gotta say, hard to believe it's real.

Afghan Whigs at Pappy & Harriet's? Done.

Also Stephen Malkmus is playing there with Speedy Ortiz a couple weeks beforehand.

Ha, there's a place called Pappy?? That's my nickname. I will definitely have to go there.

COBL , they've announced the Coachella Side Shows. Not sure if there's anything you're interested in but here.

"Localchella" 2014 Concert Dates Released (The Scenestar)

Cool thanks :up:

So I am making a post that I will spoiler, as it's personal and not music related. I will also keep it brief. If anyone reads it and cares to know a bit more, send me a PM or if we're buddies on ye olde Facebook, feel free to message me there. OR NOT.

I'm moving to NYC in a month. Still working for the same company. This is good.

So I am making a post that I will spoiler, as it's personal and not music related. I will also keep it brief. If anyone reads it and cares to know a bit more, send me a PM or if we're buddies on ye olde Facebook, feel free to message me there. OR NOT.

Had you moved earlier, you could have been giving us live updates about the color of Bono's glasses last night. So selfish. :tsk:

Cool news, though.

Awesome.
a bit jealous

This truly is Obama's America.

By the way, on your way back to New York, you should visit Philadelphia. We have lots of Catholic churches and potholes.

09 Morning Bell: Meyer lemon sorbet. With gin and tonic.

I want this. NOW.

I just got back from four full glorious days in the desert with no Interference app because my phone's too damn old.

I watched U2 perform Invisidisco on my phone and I dug it. I don't give a shit about Ordinary Whatever, or even the interview.

NSW, I'm happy for you, but kind of pissed we didn't at least get to have some lunch or some shit.

That Afghan Whigs show is pissing me off because it's ONE FUCKNG NIGHT before my spring break starts and I could go to it on my way back out to the goddam desert.

Also, that mead's a bit stronger than I thought.

/semi-intoxicted post

Also, I heard two kinda random U2 songs on the radio today. "Out of Control" and Stuck. I don't hear the latter much anymore and I'm not sure I've ever heard the former on the radio.

I heard that track on JJJ ages ago and didn't really like it much. The vocals are grating.

It reminds me a lot of some of the darker trancy/ambientesque stuff I liked from the late 90s/early 2000s. Specifically a pinch of moby, a dash of the X-Files theme. Also the higher vocals remind me a lot of Peter Gabriel.

Congrats! Although, I will miss our annual Dodger game. Andre will be very sad.

I was laughing so hard at the guy on the radio today who was struggling with the announcement about the Morrissey show in Chicago.

"now, I know that I've said this... Before... But this... XRT show with Morrissey... Will happen... We hope... "

:up:

Do they allow chainsaws in NYC?

True Detective

24pc5ys.gif

Back
Top Bottom