Radiohead Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy how Kanye and Miley are both pissed at Thom for not meeting with them backstage at the Grammy's.

Yeah, that shit cracked me up. They both acted like babies about it. Kanye "sat the fuck down" during Radiohead's performance and Miley actually left the awards show and went home. Although one of the two has a bit more of a right to act immature because...well...she is. But Kanye? What a bitch.

I loved Thom's little comment at the end:
wish us all a safe journey if you still like us and you're not one of those people i have managed to offend by doing nothing xx

Fuck Pitchfork.

They such snobby bastards who have their heads so far up Radiohead's ass it's not even funny.

Well if that's the criteria for fucking, I'm going to be quite busy with a large number of people in this forum.

I don't think that anyone will defend Pitchfork against the charge of elitism - even though it seems more like a countercultural chauvinism - but most of what they recommend I have enjoyed. Their No Line review, however, definitely betrayed the site's general biases.

I think that I saw this posted here before, but it warrants another view:
Pitchfork Gives Music 6.8 | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Id rank it higher than Kid A, The Bends and Pablo Honey that's for sure...

It did take me a while to get into it though - I will admit that.

It doesn't flow as well as Kid A but the songs on their own are some of their best if you ask me. I also think it has aged incredibly well - I may post about this in the other thread now that I think about it :hmm:

So I bought Amneisac yesterday.

It blows. Hard.

1. It's been a day. I hated Kid A for years.

2. No, it doesn't. Nothing with Pyramid Song, You And Whose Army, and I Might Be Wrong could blow hard. But it is a mixed bag. No less than two of the tracks are utterly pointless and add nothing.

Id rank it higher than Kid A, The Bends and Pablo Honey that's for sure...

It did take me a while to get into it though - I will admit that.

It doesn't flow as well as Kid A but the songs on their own are some of their best if you ask me. I also think it has aged incredibly well - I may post about this in the other thread now that I think about it :hmm:

Yes.

I agree with everything everyone has said, except for it being better than The Bends. I'm not sure if you're all aware of this, but The Bends is a damned beautiful album.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/the-bends-is-a-damned-beautiful-album-69202.html

Oh yeah, I also disagree with Elfa always being right. Gravy hating Canadian Vegans are rarely right. Elfa seems to be right more than most other gravy haters, but still, certainly not always.

The Bends is a damned beautiful album thread is better than all other Radiohead threads, so I'm pretty sure that means you have to somehow be wrong Elfa. Sorry, broseph.

The Bends is still, by far, my favorite Radiohead album. the perfect mix of rock and experimentation.

Just a couple of quick queries I have I spose...

How did Amneisac and Kid A's songs translate live? I assume some of them would've been pretty tough to play, did the play most of them?

And why is Like Spinning Plates, the live version I have from a Paris boot, so awesome with a great piano intro, and the album version not so.

I also read the other day there's people out there who think Kid A predicted 9/11... ridiculous of course, but they argued it well. Or how had it been released in the wake of 9/11 it would've been a great concept album for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom