Official Cricket 09/10 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
God, I'm just crushed by Bond's retirement from Tests, you have no idea.

One of the pace bowlers of this generation.

By the way, Pakistan? Please, please try to hold your catches, for god's sake.

Me too! It's hilarious.

Looks like some people are trying to initiate a shitstorm that Katich actually should've been given out, not Watson ... I'd need to see a replay again, I thought it was Watson when I watched earlier. Too bloody late now anyway, and it'll be hilarious if Katich goes on to get a century.

Katich falls for 98! :lmao:

The Australians STILL can't seem to remember how to score centuries this summer.

:lmao:

Oh the hilarity!

Watson for 93, Katich for 98. One of the worlds best teams can't even buy a century this summer.

It was definately

a) Watsons fault and
b) Hilarious

Katich came down the track 3 steps as he does 99 times an innings when he hits the ball to backward point. Watson ran on Katichs call, and either a) didnt call him through or b) didnt call loud enough. I dont know what possesed Watson to keep going, but I laughed. Katich got back first, but still given that Katich wasn't going for a run, there would be a case to say even if he was second, strict interpretation of the rules says that you can't be run out while not attempting to run/play a shot.

I agree with the above too. Watson isnt going to get dropped now unfortunately, so I take much more pleasure in seeing him get so clase then get out. Fucking hilarious.

I'm willing to bet that he's an unpopular player among the rest of the team.

FUCK, Watson dropped on 99 and runs through for a century!

Least deserving person breaks the hoodoo and gets the hundred.

No duh. If it was someone I'd dread finally get a century it would be Watson. My hatred of him is rising.

If he'd gone on 99 it would have been the most deserving person possible (except maybe Ponting, who is also a stain on the team). I would've much preferred the first centurion of the summer to have been Hussey or Katich or somebody.

Ah well, anyway, there's the mental barrier broken. Should boost team morale and stop every Aussie batsman immediately turning into a snoozefest when they reach the high 70s.

Honestly, I think Australia have got it won, and have had it won for at least a day now.

my hatred of him is dropping... he's in sensational form :shrug:

bay 13 was disappointing this year. hopefully it picks up again next year for the ashes. beer snakes were the highlight.

pakis have got two of the most talented players going in Aamer and Umar Akmal. Aamer showed he might be a good bat too.

Good form doesn't change the fact Watson's a pathetic bogan.

On a positive note, yeah, I'll wholeheartedly agree that Aamer is incredible. What a find.

Good form doesn't change the fact Watson's a pathetic bogan.

On a positive note, yeah, I'll wholeheartedly agree that Aamer is incredible. What a find.

That has been proven as fact.

He got a 5'fer, how old is he again?

i met an aussie on the train home who was draped in a pakistani flag in response to the team/watson's behaviour in perth.

goes without saying he didn't sit in bay 13.

Aamer could be anywhere from 17 to 20 years old. pakistani/indian/sri lanka ages are never really clear-cut..

i met an aussie on the train home who was draped in a pakistani flag in response to the team/watson's behaviour in perth.

goes without saying he didn't sit in bay 13.

Aamer could be anywhere from 17 to 20 years old. pakistani/indian/sri lanka ages are never really clear-cut..

Can't really blame him for how he was feeling then.

Gee, he is pretty young. But seeing him play makes me think that he'll be big in years to come.

my hatred of him is dropping... he's in sensational form :shrug:

bay 13 was disappointing this year. hopefully it picks up again next year for the ashes. beer snakes were the highlight.

pakis have got two of the most talented players going in Aamer and Umar Akmal. Aamer showed he might be a good bat too.

Common dude, keep the faith. He is a whinging pathetic cunt. And I am being kind.

No matter how well he goes, he is not deserving of his place, as he had too many chances, too many failures, too many injuries. There are 50 guys that have played state cricket that if just given 1 of the 400 chances Watson was extended would have performed much better. It is an insukt to people like Jamie Cox, Michael Di Venuto, Stuart Law, (dare I say it) Brad Hodge, Martin Love, Darren Lehman. It just fucking stinks that someone in a high spot has pushed this pathetic fucking whinger into this position at the expense of Phil hughes no less. The kid didnt deserve the treatment, and it was not to save his technique, it was to get Watson in there any way they could.

On another note, how many lives does Marcus north get before SOMEONE in the media puts the spotlight on him. He is cruising undetected through a pretty attrocious summer and noone is even caring.

79, 16, 2, 68, 1, 8... (174 runs @ 29)

Test average now 41.23

less than Haddin's. Christ, it is almost lower than Watson's after his charmed run through the summer (that's right, Watson still doesn't average 41 even though he his bluffed and scunged his way to a few 90's).

Interestingly, phil Hughes last 7 innings in test cricket read:

115, 160, 33, 32, 36, 4, 17. (ill calculate it over 6 innings, and take out the 1st ton there just to be fairer to North) (282 runs @ 47)

Fine he hit a slight bump, but still scoring a few 30's, and when a guy hits 2 tons in his 2nd test at 20 years of age, you cant drop him for that lowlife scumbag.

Aamer was awesome. He had Watson shitting his pants. Sham he was taken off in the middle of a firey spell last night.

Aamer definately looks 17 in the face when they close up on him in the field. Makes me feel a bit shit at 23 years old watching him!

ian bell blasts 141 past the saffas in their own back yard.....what is the world coming to? ian bell?? after his pathetic showing in the first test i was convinced his days were numbered.

i'm so late in finding this thread!!!!!

i just thought you guys stopped talking about cricket

ANYWAYS

_47005612_008476225-1.jpg

OFFICIALLY the 3rd best bowler in the world and the BEST spinner in the world

_47006521_008476278-1.jpg

Swannys twitter page. cricket needs more characters like him...

Graeme Swann (Swannyg66) on Twitter

i think the latin term to describe the saffers outside our bus is 'arseholedus shitfaced maximorum'. i'm a bit rusty though

have just had a lovely room date with cookie. we ate steak and watched bear grylls. he'd be my ideal man, if i kicked with the other foot

i purposely allowed steyn to smite me for three huge sixes in my neverending bid to have the batting orders reversed in test cricket. ahem.

:lol:

graeme_swann2_1455690c.jpg

Swann is more of a legend as he follows OASISISM!

A few more Tweets

nme tv, oasis top 20, absolute heaven after being force fed akon by broady on the team stereo in SA, yes that's right Akon?!!!!!

LEGEND
whatever by oasis just came on my ipid shuffle, what a phenomenally uplifting song i'd forgotten even existed!

broad listens to akon? urgh. i'd expect that from the football team but not from the cricket team.

still, swanny though, legend :up:

hahaha, great to see you blokes back. you whinging fucks have had a good year in test cricket. awesome test win (i would have put millions on it being a draw, swann/broad must be better than we think) against one of the best sides.

dan - i am in total agreeance there mate, i'm just saying that at the moment he is proving that he is the man for the job and holding down his spot pretty well.

that's not to say i would have pissed myself laughing had he been caught like he should have on 99.

praying to god Younus, Gul and Kaneria come back for the sydney test.

i really, REALLY can't stand this decision referral system.

first of all, i thought decisions were only going to be made based on what actually happened - i'm talking about LBWs here. a decision was just overturned, North was given out by the umpire, but he challenged and it was reversed because Hawkeye, a non-foolproof computer tool, said it was going over. Ian Chappell called that "rubbish", and it's just another reason i don't like it.

when you review an LBW, they check three things - whether it pitched in line, where the impact was (bat/pad), and whether it would have gone on to hit the wickets.

let's say that the "wickets" part of that review had said "umpire's call". that means, if North was given not out, and Pakistan had challenged, the umpire's call would stand, and Pakistan lose a challenge. but if North had been given out, and challenged, the umpire's call still stands and so he is given out and Australia lose a challenge.

it's ridiculous, yes it's meant to remove the howlers, but we got by for 200 years without it, it's degrading for the umpires, and i wish it would go.

meanwhile, awesome first session at SCG. Watson and Clarke were both out to genuine good balls that you couldn't complain about.

Back
Top Bottom