NBA 2019-20 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
happy anniversary, everyone!

DTeYndw.jpg

So the players are still pushing for the season to resume. I wonder how they could even do it at this point. Maybe shorten the playoffs to top 4 seeds in each conference and best out of 5 series?

Players, coaching staff limited to direct assistants, finish the season isolated from family for a month or two at Disney or some shit, regional play only (even if the players are in close proximity geographically, I mean).

The NBA has it the easiest.

So the players are still pushing for the season to resume. I wonder how they could even do it at this point. Maybe shorten the playoffs to top 4 seeds in each conference and best out of 5 series?
July start - Eastern playoffs at Disney, Western playoffs in Vegas. Strong possibility of some play in games for the final spots.

Wrap around the end of August - push the start of the NBA season to Christmas. Keep the December to August schedule going forward - possibly shifting the WNBA into the early fall.

Just... Uh... Just a guess.

July start - Eastern playoffs at Disney, Western playoffs in Vegas. Strong possibility of some play in games for the final spots.

Wrap around the end of August - push the start of the NBA season to Christmas. Keep the December to August schedule going forward - possibly shifting the WNBA into the early fall.

Just... Uh... Just a guess.

I’d be good with that. I really feel like this could be the Bucks year (to at least make the Finals) and I was a bit crushed by the prospects of them not finishing the season.

Curious why you think that is.

From a safety perspective, baseball has its players considerably far apart from one another on the field.
I'm assuming he means roster sizes and the amount of staff needed to run in a bubble - all of which would be smaller with the NBA than either MLB or NHL.

The player to player contact, which is clearly a larger issue in basketball than baseball or even hockey, would conceivably not be as big a concern if all of the players are constantly being tested.

Understood.

The other advantage baseball would have is that if they did at some point allow public attendance at half capacity or whatever, it's a lot safer at an outside park than it is indoors. And while playing in front of people in any of these sports is probably a long way off, the larger capacity at ballparks will allow them to space people apart from each other; like if you buy a block of 4 tickets, there won't be any seats sold directly in front, behind, or to the left or right of you.

I'm assuming he means roster sizes and the amount of staff needed to run in a bubble - all of which would be smaller with the NBA than either MLB or NHL.

The player to player contact, which is clearly a larger issue in basketball than baseball or even hockey, would conceivably not be as big a concern if all of the players are constantly being tested.

Yup. Easier to turn into a small production. With football that’s impossible.

The player contact thing is largely irrelevant. In all sports they’re way too close. I suppose in baseball that’s the only sport where you could make an argument that not all players have equal likelihood of breathing in someone else’s air or whatever, keep pitchers and batters as isolated populations, yada yada. More than anything though, the larger groups suffer from bigger production and more loose ends that could threaten the integrity of the isolation system.

So a guy who is injured and won't be playing is the turd in the punch bowl trying to convince the rest of the league to not go to Orlando.
Sounds right for him. I bet the Nets are thrilled with their investment in him.

9,000 cases in FL today. They should move the bubble to Eurodisney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom