MMA Thread the Third

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FUCK reebok
Their gear is crap, it's gay and I mean that in a nice fashion forward way
More better for cyclists and other half sackers

The mobile version of this site is way worse than the app (things I learned while trying to figure out how to read that embedded tweet). Wow that thing is atrocious.

Figures Reebok are going to wash their hands of any of the fallout, and they likely have no idea anyway. Hell, if that whole "unveiling" thing was any indication of anything, it showed how little they cared to even get their TelePrompTer facts right anyway (I'm thinking oh, practically everything the Bond villain woman said). Obviously as an outsider fan of the sport and nothing more, I don't know what goes on behind closed doors with the brass, but to me it seems like this stuff falls a lot more squarely on them. They're the ones firing people. Spin or not, it's a really bad look. People have been speculating about the future of the ufc from the perspective of signing new fighters or what fighters close to the ends of current contracts or retirement are going to want to stick around since they announced the tiers of the reebok payout. But in some ways, this seems an extra kind of sinister. The walls didn't collapse when the shit with Burt Watson went down, and if they lose a guy like Josh Barnett here and there because they told Stitch to fuck off, it won't be the end of the world either. But add up enough of these types of things? Who knows what happens.

So excited. We started working on a show for this two months ago, the day I started working here. So to finally see this fight card after all that time? :hyper:.

Of course Kamasi Washington would play a free show the same night, though. So I may not be watching with you all live. Might have to DVR that shiz :sad:.

i'll be at work, so i won't get to watch it live either. but it's on regular fox, which means i can watch it when i get home.

dillashaw & barao are knocking on the door of weidman vitor status in terms of i'm not going to believe it til i see them both in the cage together, but i'm pretty psyched.

Barao didn't make weight because I guess you have to be on the nose for a title fight in Chicago. But then they had him get completely naked and he made it.

That's all title fights, everything else you're allowed that extra pound. Not just a Chicago thing.

Oh, someone at work said it's usually half a pound for title fights and this was different.

Must make weight for title fights. Not sure his shorts weighed 8 ounces, but with that sliding weight scale ( vs digital) it was easy to call it at 135.

Tate and Eye were over at 135.5 and 136. Allowed for non title fight.

Edit to add
Strawweight up to 115 pounds
Flyweight over 115 pounds to 125
Bantamweight over 125 to 135 pounds
Women's Bantamweight over 125 to 135 pounds
Featherweight over 135 to 145 pounds
Lightweight over 145 to 155 pounds
Welterweight over 155 to 170 pounds
Middleweight over 170 to 185 pounds
Light Heavyweight over 185 to 205 pounds
Heavyweight over 205 to 265 pounds
Super Heavyweight over 265 pounds

In non-championship fights, there shall be allowed a 1 pound weigh allowance. In championship fights, the participants must weigh no more than that permitted for the relevant weight division.

http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations

Last edited:
The fight card today is silly good. And remember, originally Jury / Pettis was on here too.

I'm done with Duke. She can't seem to up her game.
Holbrook (gets to keep his O) got lucky (or not) with that win. Let's see what he can do with a full camp.

Last edited:
Damn it. Missed the only prelim fight I really cared about. Was caraway Wineland any good?

Back
Top Bottom