Interference Random Music Thread Part IX: Guys! THE PEEF DAWG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Impy, you might want to consider staying in this long distance relationship for a little while. It has been my experience that reunions of two people in LDRs to be wonderful, kinky occasions.

This should not be taken lightly.

Sorry, Peefer, but their pyramid just wouldn't fit in your dorm room. Be a realist.

You never stop, do you?

Now that's quote alteration I can get behind, so to speak.

Impy, you might want to consider staying in this long distance relationship for a little while. It has been my experience that reunions of two people in LDRs to be wonderful, kinky occasions.

This should not be taken lightly.

Having been through one LDR four years ago and already having that experience with this most recent one, I can say you're absolutely right. But this is for the best given the places we're at right now. And to be honest, those wonderful, kinky occasions, while fantastic, aren't worth the headaches at this point.

Did no one take my Volcano Choir recommendation to heart?

Oh, it was awful, but it met the Laz requirement for being an official meme. That's my reason for posting.

Yeah, no one watch that.

This line that Slug (from Atmosphere) has in a song called "Rick James" he did on an album with another rapper, Murs, has never has made more sense than it does tonight: "too high to sit still, too drunk to stand up..." Good times.

YouTube - Felt - Rick James

It's in yr best interest to bring plugs to any gig, just in case. Often, the band sounds even better.

Here I was sitting being concerned about earplugs for this gig, and as it turns out, I should've brought 'em tonight. Yeah, I only went to see OneRepublic cause it was free and for the fun of it, but it ended up being WAY too fucking loud, so, lesson learned, ear plugs will be purchased.

Here I was sitting being concerned about earplugs for this gig, and as it turns out, I should've brought 'em tonight. Yeah, I only went to see OneRepublic cause it was free and for the fun of it, but it ended up being WAY too fucking loud, so, lesson learned, ear plugs will be purchased.

Good call.

OneRepublic = reflex mallet
The Horrors = sledgehammer

Have you seen them on this tour?

I have the opportunity to; they're swinging by Baltimore next month. If you have seen them, what were your impressions? They really seem to me like the kind of band that would be extremely loud, in the My Bloody Valentine vein.

I saw them on the last album's tour. I don't remember them being especially loud, but the singer was either drunk or high or "special." He climbed up the drapes of the venue, and more than one person threw a shoe at the stage. It was a wild and somewhat rowdy crowd. They're paying here on a Friday night in October at one of my favorite venues, so I'm thinking about going. It's just that I don't like what I've heard of the new album.

Alicia Keys' chorus in "Empire State of Mind" is one of my favorite bits of music this year.

So it's just an ad for the album? What's the big deal? They have a distribution arrangement--the band isn't using their music to endorse someone else's product.

This is why I didn't have much of a problem with Shuttlecock's Apple thing. The commercial was for "Shuttlecock + iTunes", and the band wasn't paid any money. I imagine it's the same thing here with Cock Jam.

slide_2780_38633_large.jpg

I just found out that the world premiere of R.E.M.'s new concert film, This is Not a Show, is in Minneapolis two weeks from tonight. Best part? Vincent Moon's going to be there for a Q & A afterwards. And, it's only $10.

Bought tickets for this today. It's next week, should be fun.

I love that there's an ImaLetYourFinish.com website.

I also am really digging this new Noisettes album. I hadn't heard anything of theirs before.

Back
Top Bottom