Interference Random Music Thread Part IX: Guys! THE PEEF DAWG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hate to interrupt the rare Lazarus rant-fest:

NSW is in South Dakota.

NSW listened to six more Beatles remasters today, amongst other albums.

NSW, once done listening to the aforementioned Beatles albums, then proceeded to listen to "Tomorrow Never Knows" 10 times in a row. Cos that fucking song is a monster.

NSW used his presale codes to see U2 overseas, and so he cannot complain about the current situation. A situation that is 100% unsurprising. Might as well get pissed tomorrow morning that the sun is in the East.

NSW saw Buffalo for the first time in his life.

The first unlabeled album to come on after Beatles-fest was Achtung Baby.

NSW will see Mount Rushmore and Badlands National Park tomorrow.

NSW thinks that while he would never claim that U2 are the best band ever, or of any period, he thought it interesting that after listening to some amazing Beatles albums that Achtung Baby came on right afterwards and reminded him that U2 will always be his favorite band. That album is fucking astonishing.

NSW is fatigued.

NSW had quite the day. And, I think it was you that was into A Tribe Called Quest, right? If I'm remembering correctly, you'll be happy to know I put on Low End Theory this evening when I got home and absolutely loved it. I need to listen to them a lot more in the future.

:)

I hate to say it, but eat some. It is delicious.

Yes.

I actually just had a conversation with a few people about this the other day. It's pretty common around my hometown to have buffalo farms sell their meat at farmer's markets. Plus, it's not only tasty, but a super-healthy meat because it's so lean.

NSW had quite the day. And, I think it was you that was into A Tribe Called Quest, right? If I'm remembering correctly, you'll be happy to know I put on Low End Theory this evening when I got home and absolutely loved it. I need to listen to them a lot more in the future.

Is that all you have by them? The first album is a must-own as well, "People's Instinctive Travels Blah Blah Blah" (which many Tribe fans feel is the best, not that I agree). Beats, Rhymes, and Life is also good, and very underrated.

I hate to say it, but eat some. It is delicious.

I actually just had a conversation with a few people about this the other day. It's pretty common around my hometown to have buffalo farms sell their meat at farmer's markets. Plus, it's not only tasty, but a super-healthy meat because it's so lean.

In the words of George Harrison, "try some, bison".

Or something like that.

Is that all you have by them? The first album is a must-own as well, "People's Instinctive Travels Blah Blah Blah" (which many Tribe fans feel is the best, not that I agree). Beats, Rhymes, and Life is also good, and very underrated.

Nah, I've got those both too, just haven't spent much time with any of them. But, I'm glad to know all three are quality.

What's really shocking is that folks would be surprised that SC.com is trying to completely fuck people on this presale stuff. I got two emails in the last 24 hours. Considering I go to one show a tour, none of this really affects me and I won't be renewing anyway. But fuck em. They're throwing their fans under the bus, which is another reason I'm completely disenchanted with the band.

In other Shuttlecock news, I snagged Cockropa on vinyl on eBay today for $14 including shipping. Ballin'! I'm also 14 hours away from getting Achtung, Birdie (finally) for $13.99 including shipping. Keep yr fingers crossed since I'll be at Texas/UTEP when the auction closes and thus unable to defend my bid.

You Don't Know What Love Is? The title track? Conquest? Prickly Thorn?

Even if the second half is stronger, I'm not exactly itching to skip to it when I put the thing on.

"Conquest" and "Prickly Thorn/St. Andrew" I can do without. But the title track and "300 MPH Torrential Outpour Blues" are all kinds of awesome. "Bone Broke" is also a lot of fun to play on guitar. "You Don't Know What Love Is" is also good, but unfortunately it featured what I consider to be the only weak music video they've put out. Still a nice tune. That first half is solid, but the second blows it out of the water. Icky Thump probably deserves to be higher on my list. I may be the rare Stripes fan who throws it in their pantheon albums.
NSW listened to six more Beatles remasters today, amongst other albums.

NSW, once done listening to the aforementioned Beatles albums, then proceeded to listen to "Tomorrow Never Knows" 10 times in a row. Cos that fucking song is a monster.

NSW saw Buffalo for the first time in his life.

Still glad you're digging the remasters. And "Tomorrow Never Knows," aside from being in my top two favorite songs of theirs, is one of the songs which benefited most from the remaster process.

Amazing that you only just now saw buffalo. This house about 100 yards from the house I grew up in had two in their extremely large yard. Either I'm spoiled or I'm country as fuck. But you should definitely eat some tomorrow. Buffalo meat is absolutely fantastic.

Plus, it's not only tasty, but a super-healthy meat because it's so lean.

The leanness is also a selling point.

In the words of George Harrison, "try some, bison".

Or something like that.

Jorge Hairycock knew his meat.

Looks like Shuttlecock is going to be on the next Rolling Stone cover. Some fan footage from outside Giants Stadium showed Boner walking with Jan Wenner, and actually held up a copy of the issue to fans. Something like "Shuttlecock Live From Outer Space" on the front. And unless Muffin Jr. and Claycourt are smaller in the background, it may just be Boner and Hedge on the cover.

Personally, I think they should have just put The Cock on there to show off the stage show.

Space_Shuttlecock-2yv8kh-d.jpg

or

shuttlecock-led-new3.jpg

Funnily enough, after listening to Low End Theory yesterday, I snagged a used vinyl copy of it for $5 today.

NSW is in Wyoming.

NSW had breakfast at Wall Drug.

NSW drove all over Badlands National Park for a few hours.

NSW saw a Bison.

NSW then went to Mt. Rushmore.

NSW then got in his car and realized he was wiped out.

NSW drove 200 miles or so into Wyoming, where he is watching The Peef Dawgs take on Iowa.

NSW really likes Asobi Seksu.

NSW is going to run out and get dinner. This area is like the Barstow of Wyoming, so there are options.

NSW's girlfriend really wants to see Yellowstone, so he might avoid seeing it so he can see it for the first time with her. She'd not want me to do this, but still. So NSW might head right for Salt Lake City on the morrow. We'll see.

NSW really likes "September" by Earth, Wind & Fire. He also really likes "Break the Same" by Mute Math.

NSW just saw the Peef Dawgs go 79 yards on their first play from scrimmage to take a very early 7-0 lead.

NSW out for now.

So, uh, Shuttlecock grew a pair.

SNL setlist:

1. Swing
2. Moment Of Service, unedited
3. Ultraraquet (Serve My Way)

No singles. That's fucking cool.

Shuttlecock play their best song and I forget to set my DVR to record SNL? I thought it was set to record all new SNLs. FAIL.

It looks like they got a case of the big nuts. The first song still blows and was a pretty safe choice, but trotting out the second and the third were fairly uncommon bits of outside-the-box thinking from them. Good jeorb. Shame I didn't get to see it.

And you can watch the sunrise in one of them, Simone.

ANDY?!?!

It's stupid how much I love Pee-wee's Big Adventure.

Another stupid revelation: none of you are going to believe this, but I'm actually getting really, really excited about seeing Shuttlecock in 2+ weeks.

Back
Top Bottom