Interference Random Music Talk Part III: The One Not Ruined by Sofia Coppola

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Shearwater, I've been listening to Rook and the earlier Palo Santo at least a couple times a week for the past month or so. :drool:

You guys won't be disappointed with Rook.

I agree with oneblood, Rook will easily make my top 10. I think you guys will like it (and Bon Iver as well) :up:

I think I'm going to have to spend a lot of the month listening to what I consider the top albums again.

Uggh, my preliminary list of "favorites" is 27 albums long. Gonna have to cut at least 7 (more if if I find any "new" favorites this month).

Uggh, my preliminary list of "favorites" is 27 albums long. Gonna have to cut at least 7 (more if if I find any "new" favorites this month).

I've got mine at 16 as of right now, and if I need to cut anything I'll cut Viva la Vida Loca... because I can.

It'll be pretty easy for me to come up with about 15 to 20 favorites from this year. I don't know about y'all but I think '08 has been a pretty damn good year for the new musics.

I'd say it's been solid, but it's nothing compared to last year.

Here's the list of albums that will be fighting it out for the love of my ears and the year end list in the next few weeks:

Bon Iver - 'For Emma, Forever Ago'
Why? - 'Alopecia'
Sigur Ros - 'Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust'
Los Campesinos! - 'Hold On Now, Youngster...'
Los Campesions! – ‘We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed’
M83 - 'Saturdays = Youth'
Shearwater - 'Rook'
The Dutchess and the Duke - 'She's the Dutchess, He's the Duke'
Okkervil River - 'The Stand Ins'
TV on the Radio - 'Dear Science'
Fuck Buttons - 'Street Horrrsing'
Vampire Weekend - self-titled
Fleet Foxes - self-titled
Elbow - 'The Seldom Seen Kid'
R.E.M. - 'Accelerate'
My Morning Jacket - 'Evil Urges'
Coldplay -'Viva La Vida'
Destroyer - 'Trouble in Dreams'
Portishead - 'Third'
Wilderness – ‘(k)no(w)here’
The Gaslight Anthem – ‘The ’59 Sound’
Frightened Rabbit – ‘Midnight Organ Fight’
Deerhunter – ‘Microcastle’
Kanye West – ‘808s & Heartbreak’
Department of Eagles – ‘In Ear Park’
The Bug - 'London Zoo'
Mogwai - 'The Hawk Is Howling'

You've pretty much got 90% of my list embedded within that, so that's cool.

I bet the other missing 10% percent will have spots on my "favorite songs" section.

2008 was a good year, even though I can't think of any standout album released this year that I absolutely *love* as much as, say, PJ Harvey's White Chalk from last year. If I was doing a top 10 I could probably name top 5 pretty easily but the rest is up for grabs.

Here's the list of albums that will be fighting it out for the love of my ears and the year end list in the next few weeks:

Bon Iver - 'For Emma, Forever Ago'
Why? - 'Alopecia'
Sigur Ros - 'Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust'
Los Campesinos! - 'Hold On Now, Youngster...'
Los Campesions! – ‘We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed’
M83 - 'Saturdays = Youth'
Shearwater - 'Rook'
The Dutchess and the Duke - 'She's the Dutchess, He's the Duke'
Okkervil River - 'The Stand Ins'
TV on the Radio - 'Dear Science'
Fuck Buttons - 'Street Horrrsing'
Vampire Weekend - self-titled
Fleet Foxes - self-titled
Elbow - 'The Seldom Seen Kid'
R.E.M. - 'Accelerate'
My Morning Jacket - 'Evil Urges'
Coldplay -'Viva La Vida'
Destroyer - 'Trouble in Dreams'
Portishead - 'Third'
Wilderness – ‘(k)no(w)here’
The Gaslight Anthem – ‘The ’59 Sound’
Frightened Rabbit – ‘Midnight Organ Fight’
Deerhunter – ‘Microcastle’
Kanye West – ‘808s & Heartbreak’
Department of Eagles – ‘In Ear Park’
The Bug - 'London Zoo'
Mogwai - 'The Hawk Is Howling'

Sweet list, mofo. I'm curious, though, about the omission of The Hold Steady's 'Stay Positive'.

Did you not like it much? I just listened to it last night for the first time in a little while and it rocked my sox. It's making my Top 10 fo sho.

I'm curious, though, about the omission of The Hold Steady's 'Stay Positive'.

Did you not like it much?

Constructive Summer and Stay Positive are two of my most listened to songs of the year, but the rest of the album didn't ever click with me like Separation and Boys & Girls did.

What about Death Magnetic?????? :wink:

fucking Frank Sinatra was playing so goddam loud. I can't stand him. His songs ooze his colossal ego, his love songs ring hollow because he hates women

Woah! He hates women?? Who told you that? I dunno. I like his songs and have a collection of the Reprise years. But I need to be really in the mood for that kind of music.

You know what they say about assuming something. :)

Actually, I've read more than one source about what an asshole he was to women. I don't have the time or inclination to look them up at all, because I really don't care. He was a dick, and his singing in later years is affected by his ego and his laziness and his dick-ness.

I should probably post this in the band's thread too, but why did nobody tell me about Bon Iver before now? :drool:

Wow, no surprise that Leona Lewis pulled a 'P!nk' job and went from like new entry at 35 straight to Number 1 a week later.

Im seein her be there for at least couple more weeks.

:up:

I do love her version more! :applaud:

I really can't stand her version of Run, it's so over the top and just over sung and yet she sold like 130k copies in a week (3 times the number two). I'm sure Snow Patrol are enjoying their royalties cheque :wink:

Im wondering who sang the version of Chasing Cars? I heard Radio 1 play it like late last year or earlier this, like it was done on the Live Lounge, I thought it was Leona but it appears not?

well, to be honest, Bleeding Love was the 'long awaited' song, then Better in Time and Forgive Me which both kinda suck, but Run is a winner.

shes great, but very overrated I think.

Alex HAS to win the X Factor, any time she is on stage singin its like she has been doin it for years. she is THAT natural!

:up:

also, Irishteen, what do you think of Rhydians new song, and Same Difference!

f*&C()* sake!

LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom