I Now Have One Foot Firmly Placed On The Ottawa Band Wagon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:
NJ in 4

Ottawa are perrenial playoff chokers

like the Blues
:lol:

Ottawa should have won 5-2, but Brodeur kept his team in it. Wow, Ottawa means business this year, and if the last few games are any indication, nothing's going to stop them! They're on fire. What a team, what a team.

Ottawa - bringing the cup home...

In my excitement, I forgot to ask - who else saw that OT goal? Are you kidding me??? Ottawa made NJ look like a farm club! What a passing play. I think all 5 Ottawa players touched the puck! It was such a great play that I felt embarrassed for the Devils. Talk about making them look like pilons, Brodeur included.

I love seeing a team force a trap playing team like NJ to play real hockey for a change. NJ couldn't play that style and get away with it tonight! Ah, thanks Sens for showing us what hockey was like 8 years ago.

A lesson on putting Brodeur on his back...
I-030510News121330-1.jpg

Haha! :up:

I so can... I think with the entire country behind them, Ottawa has the momentum to make this happen. :hyper:

It was the end of the show, and they were mentioning May 10th being a special day, and the guy (not Barry Melrose) goes, "May 10th, special day... Bono's birthday," He mentions someone else's (and I think it was either one of Barry's kids or wife's b-day too, cause he said, "Oh I thought you'd mention Melissa's first!"), then goes on about Bobby Orr's "Superman Goal" anniversary.

:applaud:

200305104550324-F.jpg

New Jersey Devils goalie Martin Brodeur bows his head after letting in two goals against the Ottawa Senators during first period of the first game of the Eastern Conference NHL finals in Ottawa Saturday May 10, 2003.(CP PHOTO/Ryan Remiorz)

I know - Barry looks like a Leisure Suite Larry type, doesn't he? I bet he's got gold madalions and the whole bit! I heard that when he used to coach the Kings, he and Bruce McNaul used to clean Gretzky's pool for him when he was out of town. :shrug:

No late games! What do you mean? The Canucks started well before sundown at 7:30 every evening, sometimes even 7:00! I know, life is rough when you're not living on the West coast ;)

Michael Griffiths said:
I know - Barry looks like a Leisure Suite Larry type, doesn't he?

:lol:

Never thought anyone would bring that game up... good stuff Mikey. I always made Larry "ruin" his suit. Come on, I was only 8 years old...

no comments on the game tonight mikey?

did you see those new jersey goals? are you kidding me????

pure artistry, hockey like it oughta be!!!

quite the dismantling tonight of the next dynasty

Chizip said:
dismantling tonight of the next dynasty

:down: :sad:

Chiz and LMPA...did you happen to see the ESPN special last night (I think it was on the duece, right before the game) about the Detroit Red Wings? AWESOME show! Very good insight to behind the scenes for an NHL team. Loved the trading deadline stuff.

Chizip said:
no comments on the game tonight mikey?

did you see those new jersey goals? are you kidding me????

pure artistry, hockey like it oughta be!!!

quite the dismantling tonight of the next dynasty
Did *you* see the game last night Chiz? The score was not indicatitive of the game itself (though I know you don't look at anything else besides that so it's really a mute point in any conversation with you). But if you saw the game, you would have noticed specifically 3 things:

1. 75% of the game was played in the NJ end of the ice.

2. Brodeur was stellar as usual.

3. Lalime was average at best, and that's even a stretch.

But I expected NJ to win game 2. They had 2 days to think about how to counter the mighty Ottawa attack, and that coupled with the fact that Ottawa were slightly off at times really did them in. Expect a split in NJ as well. Ottawa will win game 5 and 6 to stave off a 7th game. The series could go 7 games, but Ottawa has too much talent and experience of losing to blow such an opportunity in my mind. Should be a great series!

i think "the season" puts a curse on the teams they cover. all of the seasons i have seen, the teams they were covering did really bad. im surprised teams would allow them to do those documentaries, as i would think it would only serve to be a distraction. but, it is interesting to see nonetheless.

for the series michael new jersey has played 133% better than ottawa. with them playing this well i think it will only go 5.

Chizip said:
i think "the season" puts a curse on the teams they cover. all of the seasons i have seen, the teams they were covering did really bad. im surprised teams would allow them to do those documentaries, as i would think it would only serve to be a distraction. but, it is interesting to see nonetheless.

they did one on the blues? :p

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
That Red Wings special has been airing for a few weeks now. :up: I wish it would be released on dvd!

CRAP. :angry:

Of course I catch the last episode.

Yeah, that would be awesome as a DVD - especially because you know they additional footage.

well there are only 2 episodes zoner, the first and second half of the red wings season. they have just been replaying the second half over and over again all week.

Back
Top Bottom