For Cat Lovers Only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The crate for a week with no cat litter? Oops! I got Posh the day after she was spayed and didn't even know she'd been spayed that recently until a week later when I bothered to carefully read over her medical papers.

:ohmy:

She actually has to have shredded paper in the litterbox instead of litter for risk of infection.

Personally I think she not need be confined to a crate for a week (see I have a problem with cats and crates lol.. I just think its cruel) she can probably be let out with supervision.

I let her out for a bit but then she decided to leap onto the window and then fall. :|

I'm wondering if this incision will heal fast. I'm afraid to hold her because I might hurt the incision area.

I also can't get her to use the litter box with shredded paper. I don't want her holding it and have her have an infection or anything.

U2Girl1978 said:
I let her out for a bit but then she decided to leap onto the window and then fall. :|

I'm wondering if this incision will heal fast. I'm afraid to hold her because I might hurt the incision area.

I also can't get her to use the litter box with shredded paper. I don't want her holding it and have her have an infection or anything.

Did the leap and fall seem to have hurt the incision area? If not perhaps she will have figured out that she can't do stuff like that and will calm down a bit.

I think she should be fine to be held, just be kind of careful of the incision site. Does she usually like to be heal? If she does, it shouldn't be a problem, but if she doesn't really like it she might struggle a lot. But if she's used to it and likes it I can't see why not.

I'd use the litter she is used to and just check the incision site frequently. It doesn't make sense to me to change the litter so abruptly and drastically. One of the big reasons people get rid of cats is litterbox issues, so I would think anything that might make her dislike her litterbox should be avoided if at all possible.

(and if you notice most of us haven't ever heard of that when our cats have been spayed. So although it might be a valid practice, it isn't a universal one.)

You poor guys :(

She'll be uncoordinated for a while from the surgery. What if you shred the paper very very thin, like a paper shredder and put a bit of her old used litter in it. I'm sure she will use it. You could keep her confined in the bathroom with it for a little bit maybe?

Saki was helping again today with my ebay stuff.

28008.jpg

indra said:

Did the leap and fall seem to have hurt the incision area? If not perhaps she will have figured out that she can't do stuff like that and will calm down a bit.

I think she should be fine to be held, just be kind of careful of the incision site. Does she usually like to be heal? If she does, it shouldn't be a problem, but if she doesn't really like it she might struggle a lot. But if she's used to it and likes it I can't see why not.

I'd use the litter she is used to and just check the incision site frequently. It doesn't make sense to me to change the litter so abruptly and drastically. One of the big reasons people get rid of cats is litterbox issues, so I would think anything that might make her dislike her litterbox should be avoided if at all possible.

(and if you notice most of us haven't ever heard of that when our cats have been spayed. So although it might be a valid practice, it isn't a universal one.)

No it didn't bother her incision area but I want to be really careful. She's very hyper and jumps all over the place. But with the thing around her neck she can't really jump too much. She's tried to lick herself a few times but the thing gets in the way. :giggle: It's funny how she tries to lick herself only to lick that stupid thing around her neck. I can't wait for this week to be over so she can go back to her normal routine. :huh:

This is our first cat as you know. I've had a cat before but it was the family cat. Like I said on the kitty board, I can't imagine what I would be like if I had a kid! :lol:

Thanks guys! :hug:

Well, he went in on Monday to remove a lump he had in his abdomen and ended up staying extra days due to high fever and his licking his stitches raw.

So, after the tests came back it turned out to be a lipoma (fatty tumour and benign) which caused a hernia. They tried putting a cone on him but he was having none of it so they sent the cone home with me for me to try but he hasn't been at his stitches. He's just slept and slept and slept. My poor baby is miserable.

:sad:

wenda said:
Thanks guys! :hug:

Well, he went in on Monday to remove a lump he had in his abdomen and ended up staying extra days due to high fever and his licking his stitches raw.

So, after the tests came back it turned out to be a lipoma (fatty tumour and benign) which caused a hernia. They tried putting a cone on him but he was having none of it so they sent the cone home with me for me to try but he hasn't been at his stitches. He's just slept and slept and slept. My poor baby is miserable.

:sad:

That's good news about the tomour being benign. Here's hoping he makes a quick recovery now and is back to his old self soon. :yes:

:hug:

Thanks Lila and indra! Hopefully he's all good by the time those stitches come out. Getting him to the vet is something I have to worry about now, lol.

Wenda he is so adorable!!

A little update on Chloe:

My boyfriend is so wonderful! He came home from work early yesterday and Chloe was anxious to get out of her crate. So he let her out. She used the kitty litter box with shredded paper! :applaud: After she used it, he cleaned her up. Etc. Etc. She hasn't attempted to jump in any high places. She only has 1 more day of medication to take. :hyper:

I definitely think she will be able to use the regular kitty litter by the end of this week.

Aww, these poor sick kitties. :sad: Here's hoping they all get well soon.

Well, Mia's momma has finally decided to get smart after almost seven years. This week I started closing my door at night so I don't have to deal with constant climbing and mewing from her. At first I was concerned she'd tear the place apart, but I've noticed that so far she's doing fine with this arrangement. In the morning she runs right up to me when I open the door, and I pick her up and cuddle with her before dropping her off and going to get ready. I like not being annoyed with her in the mornings now and I'm sure she appreciates it, too. :cute:

This weekend I did let her in and we cuddled just because obviously there's no time restraints, i.e. my having to get up and get ready for work.

U2Girl1978 said:
Wenda he is so adorable!!

A little update on Chloe:

My boyfriend is so wonderful! He came home from work early yesterday and Chloe was anxious to get out of her crate. So he let her out. She used the kitty litter box with shredded paper! :applaud: After she used it, he cleaned her up. Etc. Etc. She hasn't attempted to jump in any high places. She only has 1 more day of medication to take. :hyper:

I definitely think she will be able to use the regular kitty litter by the end of this week.

Awww, poor kitty!!

Before you know it, she'll be back to her old self. :hug:

I forgot about this thread! What better excuse for me to post pictures of my kitties?

taif1.jpg

That's Taif sitting on my sister's bed. She's my little shadow! Such a dainty little thing. I love her socks (all of her paws are white, you can't really see it in that picture.)

naj1.jpg

Najran. He's a bit bad-tempered. I'm surprised he even let me take this picture.

jiz1.jpg

Jizan hates pictures even more than Najran!

tih1.jpg

That's Tihama on my window sill. She sits there and makes those great jerky meow sounds that all cats make when they see birds and squirrels. We have a squirrel outside who, I think, sits in the tree by my window just to taunt her.

tih2.jpg

Another one of Tihama on my bed. She tried to steal my Tim Horton's doughnut right out of the bag!

And I know this is a kitty thread, but here are some links to recent pictures our Shih Tzu puppies, Mungo Jerry and Bijou. They're just as aloof as cats so I think it all evens out. ;) Their fur is growing so nice and long now!

Mungo: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/dysprosium2005/mun1.jpg
Bijou: http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/dysprosium2005/bij1.jpg

GG, your kitties are BEAUTIFUL!! Tihama sure knows a good doughnut when she smells one, lol.

GG, your kitties are just dolls! :heart:

I decided to stay home from work today to keep an eye on Chloe. The girl who was working the morning shift is a cat lover herself and she ended up staying later for me. :happy:

^ that is great!!! You are such a good kitty mom :hug:

Gibson Girl your cats are gorgeous!!! Love the black & white babies :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom