Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
We have to do cover art, too? :yikes:

No...but you can if you wish. And a paragraph describing your playlist and what it means to you, which is also optional.

Oh, I can write my butt off. But I can't do cover art.

I'm glad it's optional, or I'd just bow my ass out now. :wink:

(But we'll see.)

corianderstem said:
Oh, I can write my butt off. But I can't do cover art.

picturedl4.jpg

Enjoy. :wink:

Zootlesque said:
I realize that Axver is running this game and he makes the decisions but my thoughts are... no matter how un-serious somebody appears to be, if they comply with the rules, they should be allowed. Just my 2 cents.

Look, here's the deal. If MDM can submit a serious tracklist prior to all the spots being taken, even if it's just a tentative one that they are more than welcome to revise prior to the deadline, then they can compete.

Otherwise, hell no.

Ha!

Considering my mood and theme so far, I should just make a page of either :hyper: or :dance: and call it a day.

My cover is just a photoshopped screenshot of a great movie.

I'm sure if you read through the last Prog Island thread, you'd know which one it would be. :wink:

Axver said:
Look, here's the deal. If MDM can submit a serious tracklist prior to all the spots being taken, even if it's just a tentative one that they are more than welcome to revise prior to the deadline, then they can compete.

:up: Sounds fair enough!

Btw, I'm totally loving this exercise of choosing the perfect songs and putting them at the perfect moments on the album. :combust:

Axver said:

Otherwise, hell no.

Agreed.

Man, iTunes makes this so easy.

I'm having so much fun already ... I can't believe it took me this long to get with the program and get in on this!

Khanada, I'm having a hard time fitting my favorite Duran Duran song in my playlist ... can I count on you to slip some into your playlist? :wink:

Screwtape2 said:
Nope! You're in! :dance:

We will all know the wrath of Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

:reject:
awesome! i didn't read the thread so i'm just now reading all the requirements :lol: i just saw there was another one and was like crap...i need to sign up!

and :lmao: that always cracks me up!

Axver said:
Nope, you're in! :)

I'm glad you're in again.
thanks! :D

Screwtape2 said:

Nope! You're in! :dance:

We will all know the wrath of Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

:reject:

OK, I admit, you folk have used this multiple times before and I totally don't get what the hell you're on about.

Here are the groups! :)

Group 1
Gibsongirl
Lancemc
Phanan
Screwtape2
U2VertigoFly

Group 2
Angelordevil
AtomicBono
Bono's Lemon
LemonMelon
PlaTheGreat

Group 3
Axver
InMyPlace13
KhanadaRhodes
LJT
LemonMacPhisto

Group 4
BonoIsMyMuse
Corianstem
Edge_2125
HardyHarHar/Lila
Zoots

Oi! What's with all this consideration for Dew (who is lovely btw) and none for me? I followed the rules better than a lot of the good participants from previous island games did when submitting tracks.

Axver said:

Otherwise, hell no.

Axver, if you wave the excuse of someone having a little fun with album covers as that participant not being able to follow the rules to a T, you're a douchebag. :lol:

Sorry I'm not trying to roll my life experience into a pretentious, 2+ hour long playlist, but I did everything asked in the first post :shrug:

Last edited:
It was "(Reach Up For the)Sunrise" but you know what? It just didn't fit. Ditto a Madonna song I wanted to use, but damn her for making all those tracks flow into each other on her last album. That is not helpful to me, Madge!

(I'm picturing everyone in the game cowering in terror now at the thought of what the hell kind of tracklisting I'm making. :wink: )

Canadiens1160 said:
Axver, if you wave the excuse of someone having a little fun with album covers as that participant not being able to follow the rules to a T, you're a douchebag. :lol:

I haven't said a thing about the album covers, so I've no idea what you're on about there.

It's just that you are notoriously the joker of the forum. I can't remember the last time I saw you make a post that was fully serious. Your posts are typically ridiculous or piss-takes or both. What do you expect me to do, refuse to let someone who genuinely wants to compete so that you can take the piss out of the game?

Now, this isn't to say I have any sort of problem with you. I actually find a lot of what you post to be funny. It's just that I believe people who genuinely want to play should receive preference.

Screwtape2 said:
[ Group 4
BonoIsMyMuse
Corianstem
Edge_2125
HardyHarHar/Lila
Zoots

I'm up against BonoIsMyMuse? You're pitting me against my friend? :(

:shifty:

You're goin' DOWN, M. :wink:

(I kid. I know you'll have a really cool one.)

Axver said:

OK, I admit, you folk have used this multiple times before and I totally don't get what the hell you're on about.

It's from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Kirk's old nemesis Khan has come back to kill Kirk and take the Genesis Device. After taking said device, Khan taunts Kirk through a communicator and Kirk loses it and goes:

"KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN"

then there's a shot the planet with the "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN" echoing.

It's classic Shatner.

I'm not taking the piss out of anything. Must all playlists be life-affirming, meaningful, teary-eyed treacle?

Anyway I actually went through the trouble of making my (to be submitted) two discs easily listenable in iTunes, which is more than most of the regulars can figure out....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom