Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

Here is the schedule.

LemonMelon vs. PlaTheGreat
AtomicBono vs. LemonMelon

:cute: Very cool. These are the two newcomer lists I'm most interested in as well.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

At least see the awesomeness of my playlist before you decide :mad: Our group looks pretty evenly matched, I think.

Surely, I jest.

I still remember you badass playlist I still managed to beat some time ago. :wink:

Screwtape2 said:
I believe it is similiar to the Windows theme. :hmm:

Ohhhh, blue screen of death! How I hate your glare. The way that you staaaaaaare! They way you make .... ME ..... CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance:

LemonMacPhisto said:
If we're playing multiple times, how does the scoring work?

2 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss was what the Prog Island used.

I wonder if maybe we should introduce bonus points. The Super 14 rugby grants a point to a team if they lose by 7 or less. Maybe we should give a bonus point to people who lose by, say, 3 or less?

Hmm, I prefer the NCAA-style, original tourney approach, but that sounds cool, too. :up:

Axver said:

I wonder if maybe we should introduce bonus points. The Super 14 rugby grants a point to a team if they lose by 7 or less. Maybe we should give a bonus point to people who lose by, say, 3 or less?

:up: That sounds great to me.

Axver said:

That sounds like a good idea especially for the people in Group 1. :wink:

Trust me LMP, this system will be far more exciting considering that every match is important but not the end for a person.

If we use bonus points, I propose this scoring system: 3 points for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss by 3 votes or less, 0 for a loss by 4 votes or more.

Screwtape2 said:

That sounds like a good idea especially for the people in Group 1. :wink:

Trust me LMP, this system will be far more exciting considering that every match is important but not the end for a person.

I'll trust ya, I just hope it isn't too complicated to follow.

Is the soccer or rugby World Cup too complicated to follow? This system is essentially drawn from that.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I'll trust ya, I just hope it isn't too complicated to follow.

I pwn you, 3 points.

We tie, 2 points.

You barely beat me, 1 point.

You pwn me, 0 points.

Got it? :wink:

Axver said:
Is the soccer or rugby World Cup too complicated to follow? This system is essentially drawn from that.

I don't watch either. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

I pwn you, 3 points.

We tie, 2 points.

You barely beat me, 1 point.

You pwn me, 0 points.

Got it? :wink:

Solid. :up:

phanan said:
Kind of funny that Screwtape and I go against each other in Round 1 again...

I'm just relieved that the very first match-up isn't GG vs me yet again!

Axver said:
I wish! :(

I CAN'T grow it long like that. It just curls up into afro insanity. See the photos on my LJ for what it looks like at the moment - long, but not quite what it was last year. I want a haircut because I'm sick of how thick it is.
ahhh, i didn't know you'd posted pics! i've been insanely busy at work (which is when i used to browse lj) so i've not checked it in a while. i like your hair, it looks awesome!

my hair's about as long as you wish yours was right now. the only bad thing about having long hair is it's so high maintenance. i have to wash it every other day. now of course i shower every day, but since my hair's so long and thick it's a pain in the ass to wash it every day (plus the fact that it's got a ton of hair dye and bleach on it would probably give it the consistency of straw if i washed it every day). i used to be able to get away with every three days, but now it's every other day, and if i go a third day then it's got to go up in a ponytail.

Screwtape2 said:

:lol: Group 1 is oddly like my revenge tour. U2VertigoFly beat me in the last game. I lost to you. Then I lost to GG in the semi's. Lancemc stole my lunch money or something, I don't know. :wink:

He thought Die Hard would suck. :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom