2012 AFL Thread IV - Where Fremantle win the Grand Final between Hawthorn & Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why stop the ruckmen tussling before a throw-in or whatever? Are they trying to reduce injuries? They'll just crash together harder once the ball goes up. Are they trying to prevent fights breaking out? Did little ruckmen complain it wasn't fair cos bigger ones pushed them out of the way? Pfft. Is someone trying to turn AFL into a non-contact sport? Give me a break.

The bounce change doesn't really bother me, but the no ruck contact thing is ludicrous.

I couldn't tell if you were being serious or sarcastic, sorry. And I say that in all honesty.

I thought the new 3 week trade period was going to be good, but now that we're amidst it, it feels so tedious and meandering. I'm sick of it. Adelaide have not had a good trade week and it probably will only get worse considering what we'll be likely to get. :doh:

I thought last year we showed we could trade well now that's all gone with this likely to be unfairly shitty Tippett deal ugh. I hate this so much.

Vlad n U 2 said:
I thought the new 3 week trade period was going to be good, but now that we're amidst it, it feels so tedious and meandering. I'm sick of it. Adelaide have not had a good trade week and it probably will only get worse considering what we'll be likely to get. :doh:

Agree with this. I've always loved Trade Week and thought the three weeks would make it more interesting (and include more trades). All that really has happened is that the same trades have been banged on and on about for the past fortnight, without seemingly ever becoming official. Pointless. Finally, Rivers and McIntosh are official.

Sigh.

What's the history of rule changes in the AFL/VFL? Are we seeing more than usual in recent years?

Yes.

THE AFL Commission has introduced more rule changes over the past 10 years than in any other decade in the history of the game.

In 2011, the Laws of the Game committee endorsed five rule changes including the introduction of a substitute player.

A further seven changes were made in 2010 – taking the total number of rule changes over the past decade to 28.

The league made 20 changes in between 1990-2000, after making 10 adjustments a decade earlier.

Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun

Back
Top Bottom