2012 AFL Thread IV - Where Fremantle win the Grand Final between Hawthorn & Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they don't win it will be one of the biggest chokes of all big chokes.

Not really. Sydney are still around and have not only smashed Hawthorn by a lazy 6 goals earlier this season, and we're unlucky in the return match. They could still snatch their 5th Premiership.

Yeah, but this will be the MCG. Sydney struggle at the MCG and Hawthorn destroy everybody (but Geelong) on it.

As with the whole season, and indeed the finals so far, I don't think anything can be assured or assumed. Yes, Hawthorn is a big chance, especially with Geelong out of the running now, but it really could go anywhere. It will be interesting to see what happens! As much as I want the Hawks to win, it would be great to see Freo get it. *L*

(Did I just jinx it?)

I agree with Alison. Crazy season may well remain crazy. 48 hours ago, we said Geelong were assured an easy passage through this weekend, right? Honestly the only team left that I DON'T see beating the Hawks is Freo, and now that I've said that, somebody will probably come back in about two weeks to quote this and go "you so wrong, Ax".

TIPPING RESULTS

(You folks better hope my maths doesn't suck.)

1. Traviud - this week: 2/4; overall: 151; week margin: 18; total margin: 762
2. Ax - this week: 2/4; overall: 146; week margin: 34; total margin: 713
3. Vlad - this week: 2/4; overall: 146; week margin: 6; total margin: 740
4. Bonnie - this week: 2/4; overall: 145; week margin: 13; total margin: 655
5. Shepp Daniel - this week: 2/4; overall: 145; week margin: 58; total margin: 759
6. Charlotte - this week: 3/4; overall: 144; week margin: 26; total margin: 794
7. Cobbler - this week: 2/4; overall: 143; week margin: 26; total margin: 808
8. Alison - this week: 3/4; overall: 139; week margin: 20; total margin: 820

Well done to Charlotte and Alison for being the only people to tip more than half the weekend's games correctly.

So, submit your tips for Adelaide vs Freo and Collingwood vs West Coast! Include a margin for Adelaide vs Freo.

I'm holding off on my tips for now. Will probably go with West Coast over the Magpies, but no idea yet for the Friday game.

BOMBSHELL: Tippett should be dropped because he thinks he's at the beach now.

His name is all over Twitter. In this Internet age it was certain to happen but it's very sad to think some family/friends found out via social media.

Thankfully the media have all been very respectful and are refusing to publish the name until Port/AFL confirm it. Everyone knows but I'm heartened by the media's restraint and respect.

Disappoints me how speculation as to who it may be spreads like wildfire. AFL news FB thing is full of wannabe "newsbreakers"

Hope his family will pull through.

Yeah and as an aspiring media person, it annoys me that it is wannabes, the ones who think Caroline Wilson should "get back in the kitchen", who spread it.

Reminds me of when Troy Broadbridge died in the Boxing Day tsunami, and the first game of the next year had Melbourne playing very inspired football.

God, that's terrible for all concerned - and a shame it has to be accompanied by a heap of unseemly speculation.

On the "AFL-related twats on social media" front, see Akermanis deleted his Twitter after another anti-gay tweet understandably went down like a lead balloon? Stay classy, Aker.

It is awful news. :(

(I wonder if the media would be showing such restraint and respect if it wasn't a footballer/sportsperson.)

And I would be delighted if Aker and everyone like him were never heard from in any media again.

Honestly, Port needs him more! But they could never have offered him a contract worth signing.

Honestly, Port needs him more! But they could never have offered him a contract worth signing.

I don't think Mick would be interested in being crap for the first two years of his contract. Carlton is at least poised to make finals.

Ratts would be the better man for Port, hopefully less pressure on him and give him four or five years to get the place up and going again.

Back
Top Bottom