Pleban Girls Party - cuz nobody else will start a thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
waynetravis said:

so you put songs on ipod at a friends house then connected ipod to your own computer and the songs are still there?

well yes, my friends has itunes... my pc doesn't have... I have windows ME... it can't have itunes!

and I connect my ipod to charge, and also I only put other files on it without itunes, all my pictures videos and audio and school stuff etc. wihtout iTunes, so I have a backup if my pc crashes... that's what I meant..
so when I'm using my sis' laptop, I want to get the songs and videos from my ipod, to itunes, to my new U2 ipod... will that work? and can I also transfer the files without iTunes too then?
would it be smarter to transfer the files without iTunes first, so I can use itunes to get them FROM my ipod, and trough iTunes on them again so I can actually listen them?
I have a feeling Im confusing you now XD

ah, i think i see what you mean now.

you're using you current ipod kinda like an external hard-drive, correct?

waynetravis said:
ah, i think i see what you mean now.

you're using you current ipod kinda like an external hard-drive, correct?

yes exactly!!!
since our pc only has 23,7 gig, and now only 1,2 gig left... :shifty: wasn't me... I really need to make my parents buy a new pc

smashing :up:

if you copy all the files from your current ipod to you sister's laptop, and load them into itunes you'll be all set for your new U2 iPod :)

waynetravis said:
smashing :up:

if you copy all the files from your current ipod to you sister's laptop, and load them into itunes you'll be all set for your new U2 iPod :)

so I can still copy the files from this pc to my ipod and so on without destroying things?

good :) I'll be dependent on her laptop then... till my parents decide to buy a decent pc with windows XP.... hope they do it this summer... they said they'd do it last month..well.. they didnt.. ><

I just discovered the HOLD button thingy is red instead of orange... isn't it brilliant :drool:

i don't know, i got an original video ipod, i wish i waited :grumpy:

if you're using your current ipod has an external hard drive you should be fine.

once they are on your laptop, load them into itunes then load them on your U2 ipod

waynetravis said:
i don't know, i got an original video ipod, i wish i waited :grumpy:

if you're using your current ipod has an external hard drive you should be fine.

once they are on your laptop, load them into itunes then load them on your U2 ipod

*sisters laptop*

XD
I also have a normal video ipod... but my sis is buying it from me :D
ok but do I have to save the files on my sisters laptop then??
or only the files I want on itunes? or can I let iTunes browse in the directories in my ipod(the hard drive files I mean) and put them on my ipod from there?

I'll find out tomorrow then :wink:

I'm still trying to convert the files, it's going great, as long as I do it one video by one... if I try two or more, it'll give me an error after converting the first vid... and the whole program will shut itself down... pc has frozen because of it twice now...
do you have the same prob? or is it just me an' me crappy pc?
*sigh*
I'm at 12 of the 50 vids... gonna take a loooong while...
:hmm: U2 have sofar made 50 official videos... interesting...

waynetravis said:
:ohmy:

I loaded all the PopMart ones you sent me at the same time and it worked

:huh: odd... I get some error about kernel32.dll... I've had that with other programs too, but it is supposed to be a file to run games.... or so..
hm maybe it has something to do with the popmart files being the same format, and these being differents formats?

Back
Top Bottom