Miscellaneous Pictures #43

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen all the Africa 2006 pictures with and without Ali before, but I have never seen this black and white closeup of shadeless Bono. Must say it's a great find. Always nice to see B without his glasses, he's handsome :)

I've seen all the Africa 2006 pictures with and without Ali before, but I have never seen this black and white closeup of shadeless Bono. Must say it's a great find. Always nice to see B without his glasses, he's handsome :)

And that's an understatement! ;) Thanks again Mephy. It's a beautiful photo.

:shifty: Found it bigger.
Mephy. You are awesome for finding this. Holy crap this has to be one of the best pics I've seen of him in years! :bow:

29smzd.jpg

Ok guys, I got an email back.

This is his actual PASSPORT photo!

It was taken in Lesotho in 2006, and Bono's passport was full. So he needed a new pic to go with his new passport. That's why he wasn't wearing his shades and looks so serious.

Ok guys, I got an email back.

This is his actual PASSPORT photo!

It was taken in Lesotho in 2006, and Bono's passport was full. So he needed a new pic to go with his new passport. That's why he wasn't wearing his shades and looks so serious.

Oh wow! And of course Bono would have a decent passport pic! I look like I haven't slept for weeks in mine :crack:

Oh wow! And of course Bono would have a decent passport pic! I look like I haven't slept for weeks in mine :crack:

We have all these stupid rules here that you can't laugh, both ears must be visible, no hair in front of your face or ears, neutral facial expression(no smile, laugh, whatever) and stuff like that. :crack: It's a disaster getting an approved passport photo. And everyone looks horrible. :lol: So yeah, I know how you feel. Figures that Bono gets an awesome one. Bloody rockstar. ;)

We have all these stupid rules here that you can't laugh, both ears must be visible, no hair in front of your face or ears, neutral facial expression(no smile, laugh, whatever) and stuff like that. :crack: It's a disaster getting an approved passport photo. And everyone looks horrible. :lol: So yeah, I know how you feel. Figures that Bono gets an awesome one. Bloody rockstar. ;)

Yeah, same rules here....which made getting my nieces at 8 months old almost impossible :lol: she giggled in every single shot :cute:

Because I emailed the person who TOOK THIS PHOTO and she told me.

:| Haven't you been warned enough? Why do you have to question EVERY thing I say?

Put me on ignore if you dislike me so much.

wow! Don't get your knickers in a knot - it was a question! I think ques's are allowed in these forums.

Here your face must be even at a particular angle :crack:

I'm curious if he has his full name in the passport or just Bono :giggle:

wow! Don't get your knickers in a knot - it was a question! I think ques's are allowed in these forums.

How about actually reading what she wrote in the post you quoted? She said she asked the person who took the photo via e-mail and that's what she got back for an answer. Seriously, I have no idea what's going on between the two of you here, but it seems you like to come here to stir up trouble. If you really followed the discussion you'd know that GG tried to contact the photographer to ask about this picture.

Good to here she was available for an answer and ready to clear things up :up:

And that indeed IS one nice passport picture. I look horrible in mine. Like it's already been said, new passport pictures mostly turn out to be really ridiculous because of all the regulations. You never want to look at the picture again. Bono, however, looks quite good for a spontaneous photo shoot, though it's obvious some work has been done to the photo.

I remember that passport story. According to various media reports, even Nelson Mandela had to step in because Bono couldn't leave the airport.

How about actually reading what she wrote in the post you quoted? She said she asked the person who took the photo via e-mail and that's what she got back for an answer. Seriously, I have no idea what's going on between the two of you here, but it seems you like to come here to stir up trouble. If you really followed the discussion you'd know that GG tried to contact the photographer to ask about this picture.

Good to here she was available for an answer and ready to clear things up :up:

And that indeed IS one nice passport picture. I look horrible in mine. Like it's already been said, new passport pictures mostly turn out to be really ridiculous because of all the regulations. You never want to look at the picture again. Bono, however, looks quite good for a spontaneous photo shoot, though it's obvious some work has been done to the photo.

I remember that passport story. According to various media reports, even Nelson Mandela had to step in because Bono couldn't leave the airport.

I did read it. However, I don't actually trust it or the source, end of story.

OK, that's your problem. GG has been around these boards a little longer than you. It's not a big deal to actually write an e-mail to someone asking about a photo. Anyone could do it. Even you yourself if you don't trust other posters here. It's not like she said she called Bono and asked him to send her his passport picture.

OK, that's your problem. GG has been around these boards a little longer than you. It's not a big deal to actually write an e-mail to someone asking about a photo. Anyone could do it. Even you yourself if you don't trust other posters here. It's not like she said she called Bono and asked him to send her his passport picture.

I just find it hard to believe thats all. We are all entitled to our opinion. I, for one, don't believe it. End of story.

No problem, believe what you want, but I don't think there is anything complicated about this whole issue. If you want some information, go ask for it. That's all.

End of story, indeed. :)

His passport photo is allowed to be photoshopped? Or more likely this photographer did some work on another copy of it?

It's awesome that PLEBA has his passport photo! I bet it says Paul Hewson, and I wonder how many he goes through a year! Sheesh! :lol:
So I just realized that this is probably his old passport pic. No way Bono is using the same passport from '06 still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom