Bono in NYC last night - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #401
Refugee
 
onekea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: italy
Posts: 2,120
Local Time: 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Galeongirl
well, one other thing is.... Bono doesn't HAVE purple sunglasses closest thing is the blue Elevation Bvlgari's or the PINK Armani's, which Bono isn't wearing anymore.... and we all know a dude who still wears those, including Bono's long hair.....
I think that if I find myself before this dude I will almost for sure pitch into him and beat down very hard...
__________________

onekea is offline  
Old 09-11-2007, 11:47 PM   #402
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
biff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I may have lost my way
Posts: 4,014
Local Time: 11:54 PM
I'm not sure, but I might have solved both of these "Where's Bono?" mysteries.

A quick check of you-know-who's site tells us that on the 9th he was in Austin, Texas (aka Jamila country) and that he was then scheduled for an appearance on Maury Povich ( ) on the 11th, in NY. It's way too much of a coincidence that this reviled Bono impersonator would be in the same two places where the "real" Bono was said to have been during pretty much the same stretch of time, no?




By the way, I suspect that the reason we can't name him is because he complained vehemently when someone here described his penis in less than flattering terms. LOL.
__________________

biff is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 05:14 AM   #403
Blue Crack Supplier
 
waynetravis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hull, UK
Posts: 36,231
Local Time: 05:54 AM
Him who shall not be named, is now sporting shorter hair.
waynetravis is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 05:45 AM   #404
Blue Crack Addict
 
last unicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: lost in poetry
Posts: 19,446
Local Time: 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by waynetravis
Him who shall not be named, is now sporting shorter hair.
Wow, after 1,5 years, this is really what I call a quick adjustment!

I guess it will take another 2 years before "he" realizes that he doesn't need to dye his hair black any longer.

last unicorn is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 06:30 AM   #405
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 05:54 AM
and yet another mystery solved....

but I'm amazed he cut his hair after only 1,5 years of being outdated.... seems like he has brains after all, they just work a bit slow...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 07:33 AM   #406
blm
New Yorker
 
blm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: north and south of bono
Posts: 2,506
Local Time: 12:54 AM
What in the world was he doing on Maury Povich? I didn't even know Maury still had a show on. Won't even check to see, cuz we don't want to give "him" any attention!

good detective work!!
blm is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #407
Blue Crack Addict
 
last unicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: lost in poetry
Posts: 19,446
Local Time: 05:54 AM
O/T, but only a little: Can anyone tell me what day exactly Bono will be in Philadelphia to receive the Liberty Medal? I know some of you are going, I wish you all the luck!!!! Just need the date, since I cannot find anything about it at the moment.
last unicorn is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 12:23 PM   #408
blm
New Yorker
 
blm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: north and south of bono
Posts: 2,506
Local Time: 12:54 AM
last unicorn, here you go!!!!


Bono and DATA to Receive 2007 Liberty Medal at National Constitution Center
May 24, 2007

(PHILADELPHIA, PA, MAY 24, 2007) – The National Constitution Center’s 2007 Liberty Medal will be awarded jointly to Bono, U2 lead singer and activist, and DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa), the advocacy organization he co-founded to combat poverty and disease in Africa. The prestigious Medal, and its accompanying $100,000 prize, will recognize Bono and DATA’s groundbreaking work in raising awareness about and spurring a global response to the crisis of AIDS and extreme poverty in Africa. The public ceremony will take place on Thursday, September 27, 2007 at the National Constitution Center on Philadelphia’s Independence Mall. All of the prize money will be donated to DATA.

Joseph M. Torsella, National Constitution Center President and CEO, made the announcement today, saying this year’s recipient is an inspirational example of the power of citizens to elevate important issues to the world stage.

“Working hand-in-hand with DATA, Bono has become the ultimate civic entrepreneur – but on a global scale that the Founders could have only imagined,” said Torsella. “Bono and DATA don’t just raise awareness, important though that is. They challenge the world’s richest nations to do better by Africa, and challenge African nations to do better by their own people.”

“In honoring Bono and DATA with this year’s Liberty Medal, we honor their global commitment. We honor the fact that an Irish-born rock star and a Washington-based non-profit can lead a movement to improve life and liberty on the African continent.”

Bono, U2 lead singer and DATA co-founder, said, "This is a real honor for myself and my bosses at DATA -- I am very proud of their work. It's also a great excuse to go back to Philadelphia, where we launched the ONE Campaign which now has 2.4 million Americans signed up to fight for justice on behalf of the poorest of the poor. I don’t suppose there are enough Liberty Medals to go around, but in truth those people should all be wearing one too.”
blm is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #409
Blue Crack Addict
 
last unicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: lost in poetry
Posts: 19,446
Local Time: 05:54 AM
blm, thanks a lot! So it's on September, 27. For some reason I thought it would be in October. Nice statement from Bono.
last unicorn is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #410
Refugee
 
forbonou2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond, Kentucky
Posts: 1,846
Local Time: 04:54 AM
I like the building..esp. those windows at the top! But that color.....!! Definetly Can't miss it!!!
forbonou2 is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #411
War Child
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 519
Local Time: 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by biff


By the way, I suspect that the reason we can't name him is because he complained vehemently when someone here described his penis in less than flattering terms. LOL.

Really!?! How the heck did I miss THAT one?!?
kimby is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 04:19 PM   #412
Refugee
 
forbonou2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond, Kentucky
Posts: 1,846
Local Time: 04:54 AM
Apparently, you Are Not missing much! hee...lol!
forbonou2 is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #413
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BonoFox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Posts: 47,435
Local Time: 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by last unicorn
blm, thanks a lot! So it's on September, 27. For some reason I thought it would be in October. Nice statement from Bono.
Oct he is supposed to be in NY for an award presented by Alicia Keys..That is when I flying to NY
BonoFox1 is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #414
Blue Crack Supplier
 
waynetravis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hull, UK
Posts: 36,231
Local Time: 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by last unicorn

Wow, after 1,5 years, this is really what I call a quick adjustment!

I guess it will take another 2 years before "he" realizes that he doesn't need to dye his hair black any longer.


His hair still doesnt match Bono though.
Its like Bono's Beautiful Day video hair, but it has to much gel in it.
waynetravis is offline  
Old 09-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #415
ONE
love, blood, life
 
JCOSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: It's a very, very mad world.
Posts: 14,971
Local Time: 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by blm
last unicorn, here you go!!!!


Bono and DATA to Receive 2007 Liberty Medal at National Constitution Center
May 24, 2007

(PHILADELPHIA, PA, MAY 24, 2007) – The National Constitution Center’s 2007 Liberty Medal will be awarded jointly to Bono, U2 lead singer and activist, and DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa), the advocacy organization he co-founded to combat poverty and disease in Africa. The prestigious Medal, and its accompanying $100,000 prize, will recognize Bono and DATA’s groundbreaking work in raising awareness about and spurring a global response to the crisis of AIDS and extreme poverty in Africa. The public ceremony will take place on Thursday, September 27, 2007 at the National Constitution Center on Philadelphia’s Independence Mall. All of the prize money will be donated to DATA.

Joseph M. Torsella, National Constitution Center President and CEO, made the announcement today, saying this year’s recipient is an inspirational example of the power of citizens to elevate important issues to the world stage.

“Working hand-in-hand with DATA, Bono has become the ultimate civic entrepreneur – but on a global scale that the Founders could have only imagined,” said Torsella. “Bono and DATA don’t just raise awareness, important though that is. They challenge the world’s richest nations to do better by Africa, and challenge African nations to do better by their own people.”

“In honoring Bono and DATA with this year’s Liberty Medal, we honor their global commitment. We honor the fact that an Irish-born rock star and a Washington-based non-profit can lead a movement to improve life and liberty on the African continent.”

Bono, U2 lead singer and DATA co-founder, said, "This is a real honor for myself and my bosses at DATA -- I am very proud of their work. It's also a great excuse to go back to Philadelphia, where we launched the ONE Campaign which now has 2.4 million Americans signed up to fight for justice on behalf of the poorest of the poor. I don’t suppose there are enough Liberty Medals to go around, but in truth those people should all be wearing one too.”

Weather permitting....I shall be there.
JCOSTER is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 02:21 AM   #416
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BonoFox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Posts: 47,435
Local Time: 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by waynetravis



His hair still doesnt match Bono though.
Its like Bono's Beautiful Day video hair, but it has to much gel in it.

Beautiful Day hair if he just grew it a bit more who cares if it is lighter, but the cut and style was simply
BonoFox1 is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 12:48 PM   #417
War Child
 
chazman151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 584
Local Time: 12:54 AM
Another Gawker sighting, so....

Bono

121 Prince St
Bono shaking hands and taking pics w/fans in front of Club Monaco on Broadway Soho
chazman151 is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #418
Blue Crack Addict
 
Babydoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Berlin, Germany.
Posts: 22,280
Local Time: 05:54 AM
Good luck, JC!! I hope this time everything works out, lol.
Babydoll is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #419
ONE
love, blood, life
 
one4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bono's Sleeves
Posts: 12,541
Local Time: 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by chazman151
Another Gawker sighting, so....

Bono

121 Prince St
Bono shaking hands and taking pics w/fans in front of Club Monaco on Broadway Soho

Dammit!
one4u2 is offline  
Old 09-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #420
ONE
love, blood, life
 
JCOSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: It's a very, very mad world.
Posts: 14,971
Local Time: 11:54 PM
I'm telling you its not him its the other one who want to be Bono!

My senses are telling me no, unless spider webs have clogged them.
__________________

JCOSTER is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×