Bono in NYC last night - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #401
Refugee

Local Time: 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Galeongirl
well, one other thing is.... Bono doesn't HAVE purple sunglasses closest thing is the blue Elevation Bvlgari's or the PINK Armani's, which Bono isn't wearing anymore.... and we all know a dude who still wears those, including Bono's long hair.....
I think that if I find myself before this dude I will almost for sure pitch into him and beat down very hard...

Old 09-11-2007, 11:47 PM   #402
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:54 PM
I'm not sure, but I might have solved both of these "Where's Bono?" mysteries.

A quick check of you-know-who's site tells us that on the 9th he was in Austin, Texas (aka Jamila country) and that he was then scheduled for an appearance on Maury Povich ( ) on the 11th, in NY. It's way too much of a coincidence that this reviled Bono impersonator would be in the same two places where the "real" Bono was said to have been during pretty much the same stretch of time, no?

By the way, I suspect that the reason we can't name him is because he complained vehemently when someone here described his penis in less than flattering terms. LOL.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:14 AM   #403
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:54 AM
Him who shall not be named, is now sporting shorter hair.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:45 AM   #404
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by waynetravis
Him who shall not be named, is now sporting shorter hair.
Wow, after 1,5 years, this is really what I call a quick adjustment!

I guess it will take another 2 years before "he" realizes that he doesn't need to dye his hair black any longer.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:30 AM   #405
Galeonbroad

and yet another mystery solved....

but I'm amazed he cut his hair after only 1,5 years of being outdated.... seems like he has brains after all, they just work a bit slow...
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 09-12-2007, 07:33 AM   #406
blm
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:54 AM
What in the world was he doing on Maury Povich? I didn't even know Maury still had a show on. Won't even check to see, cuz we don't want to give "him" any attention!

good detective work!!
Old 09-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #407
Blue Crack Addict

O/T, but only a little: Can anyone tell me what day exactly Bono will be in Philadelphia to receive the Liberty Medal? I know some of you are going, I wish you all the luck!!!! Just need the date, since I cannot find anything about it at the moment.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:23 PM   #408
blm
New Yorker

last unicorn, here you go!!!!

Bono and DATA to Receive 2007 Liberty Medal at National Constitution Center
May 24, 2007

(PHILADELPHIA, PA, MAY 24, 2007) – The National Constitution Center’s 2007 Liberty Medal will be awarded jointly to Bono, U2 lead singer and activist, and DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa), the advocacy organization he co-founded to combat poverty and disease in Africa. The prestigious Medal, and its accompanying $100,000 prize, will recognize Bono and DATA’s groundbreaking work in raising awareness about and spurring a global response to the crisis of AIDS and extreme poverty in Africa. The public ceremony will take place on Thursday, September 27, 2007 at the National Constitution Center on Philadelphia’s Independence Mall. All of the prize money will be donated to DATA.

Joseph M. Torsella, National Constitution Center President and CEO, made the announcement today, saying this year’s recipient is an inspirational example of the power of citizens to elevate important issues to the world stage.

“Working hand-in-hand with DATA, Bono has become the ultimate civic entrepreneur – but on a global scale that the Founders could have only imagined,” said Torsella. “Bono and DATA don’t just raise awareness, important though that is. They challenge the world’s richest nations to do better by Africa, and challenge African nations to do better by their own people.”

“In honoring Bono and DATA with this year’s Liberty Medal, we honor their global commitment. We honor the fact that an Irish-born rock star and a Washington-based non-profit can lead a movement to improve life and liberty on the African continent.”

Bono, U2 lead singer and DATA co-founder, said, "This is a real honor for myself and my bosses at DATA -- I am very proud of their work. It's also a great excuse to go back to Philadelphia, where we launched the ONE Campaign which now has 2.4 million Americans signed up to fight for justice on behalf of the poorest of the poor. I don’t suppose there are enough Liberty Medals to go around, but in truth those people should all be wearing one too.”
Old 09-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #409
Blue Crack Addict

blm, thanks a lot! So it's on September, 27. For some reason I thought it would be in October. Nice statement from Bono.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:18 PM   #410
Refugee

Local Time: 04:54 AM
I like the building..esp. those windows at the top! But that color.....!! Definetly Can't miss it!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #411
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by biff

By the way, I suspect that the reason we can't name him is because he complained vehemently when someone here described his penis in less than flattering terms. LOL.

Really!?! How the heck did I miss THAT one?!?
Old 09-12-2007, 04:19 PM   #412
Refugee

Local Time: 04:54 AM
Apparently, you Are Not missing much! hee...lol!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #413
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Local Time: 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by last unicorn
blm, thanks a lot! So it's on September, 27. For some reason I thought it would be in October. Nice statement from Bono.
Oct he is supposed to be in NY for an award presented by Alicia Keys..That is when I flying to NY
Old 09-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #414
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by last unicorn

Wow, after 1,5 years, this is really what I call a quick adjustment!

I guess it will take another 2 years before "he" realizes that he doesn't need to dye his hair black any longer.

His hair still doesnt match Bono though.
Its like Bono's Beautiful Day video hair, but it has to much gel in it.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #415
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by blm
last unicorn, here you go!!!!

Bono and DATA to Receive 2007 Liberty Medal at National Constitution Center
May 24, 2007

(PHILADELPHIA, PA, MAY 24, 2007) – The National Constitution Center’s 2007 Liberty Medal will be awarded jointly to Bono, U2 lead singer and activist, and DATA (Debt, AIDS, Trade, Africa), the advocacy organization he co-founded to combat poverty and disease in Africa. The prestigious Medal, and its accompanying $100,000 prize, will recognize Bono and DATA’s groundbreaking work in raising awareness about and spurring a global response to the crisis of AIDS and extreme poverty in Africa. The public ceremony will take place on Thursday, September 27, 2007 at the National Constitution Center on Philadelphia’s Independence Mall. All of the prize money will be donated to DATA.

Joseph M. Torsella, National Constitution Center President and CEO, made the announcement today, saying this year’s recipient is an inspirational example of the power of citizens to elevate important issues to the world stage.

“Working hand-in-hand with DATA, Bono has become the ultimate civic entrepreneur – but on a global scale that the Founders could have only imagined,” said Torsella. “Bono and DATA don’t just raise awareness, important though that is. They challenge the world’s richest nations to do better by Africa, and challenge African nations to do better by their own people.”

“In honoring Bono and DATA with this year’s Liberty Medal, we honor their global commitment. We honor the fact that an Irish-born rock star and a Washington-based non-profit can lead a movement to improve life and liberty on the African continent.”

Bono, U2 lead singer and DATA co-founder, said, "This is a real honor for myself and my bosses at DATA -- I am very proud of their work. It's also a great excuse to go back to Philadelphia, where we launched the ONE Campaign which now has 2.4 million Americans signed up to fight for justice on behalf of the poorest of the poor. I don’t suppose there are enough Liberty Medals to go around, but in truth those people should all be wearing one too.”

Weather permitting....I shall be there.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:21 AM   #416
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back again
Local Time: 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by waynetravis

His hair still doesnt match Bono though.
Its like Bono's Beautiful Day video hair, but it has to much gel in it.

Beautiful Day hair if he just grew it a bit more who cares if it is lighter, but the cut and style was simply
Old 09-13-2007, 12:48 PM   #417
War Child

Another Gawker sighting, so....

Bono

121 Prince St
Bono shaking hands and taking pics w/fans in front of Club Monaco on Broadway Soho
Old 09-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #418
Blue Crack Addict

Good luck, JC!! I hope this time everything works out, lol.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #419
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by chazman151
Another Gawker sighting, so....

Bono

121 Prince St
Bono shaking hands and taking pics w/fans in front of Club Monaco on Broadway Soho

Dammit!
Old 09-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #420
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm telling you its not him its the other one who want to be Bono!

My senses are telling me no, unless spider webs have clogged them.